Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Justice League Unlimited – A Love Story: Q + A
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:08 pm 
Brand Manager

What is your favorite figure? So hard to say ....I do love the Joker figure from the purple 3 pack a lot, Grey Ghost was a huge win for me cause I begged for him on these boards for so long
– What figure are you most surprised they made? Amanda Waller I love that figure but very surprised they made her
– What one figure would you have wanted that was not made? A ton Luminus was at the top of my list I love the characters who appeared on multiple shows and he was very easy to make. I also would have liked them to have completed at least one of many things they started heck I wanted a Martian Manhunter with Eclipso shards in the Guy Gardner 3 pack just to have completed that set. I know we were missing one of the Justice Guild
– What was the hardest figure to acquire? Holiday Hal lol Grundy chaos magic variant still dont got it
– Which figure is the hardest for you to stand? They are sadly all stored so I cant answer that but will say the Target exclusive comic packs and purple card days were a great time for JLU legs lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I was always puzzled that they made JLU versions of all the CSA main members except Owlman. Seems like he'd be the MOST sought after of that group...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:00 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Not exactly the place for it -- but in anyones trips down memory lane-- have any extras (or ones they want to get rid of)-- of the pack in trading cards that came with the blue card packaging..

Still Need

Red Tornado (usually with cyber supes)
Wonder Woman (usually with Hawkgirl)
Aquaman (usually with Starman)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:31 pm 
Brand Manager

stewbacca wrote:
Not exactly the place for it -- but in anyones trips down memory lane-- have any extras (or ones they want to get rid of)-- of the pack in trading cards that came with the blue card packaging..

Still Need

Red Tornado (usually with cyber supes)
Wonder Woman (usually with Hawkgirl)
Aquaman (usually with Starman)

I might have some doubles and I am looking for some I am missing ! You should message me !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:03 am 
Wonderdog

Pop Zeus wrote:
I was always puzzled that they made JLU versions of all the CSA main members except Owlman. Seems like he'd be the MOST sought after of that group...

I always had the feeling they were saving him for a 3-pack release. Since they knew full well he'd be the most desirable of the CSA, they would probably count on the fact we'd all happily buy 2 more figures we already had just to get him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm 
Knows his stuff

– What is your favorite figure?

At gunpoint, I'd say Hro Talak. I wish they would have made Hawkman the same way instead of just painting his chest armor on. Mongul and Lobo are high on the list also.

– What figure are you most surprised they made?

Easily Amanda Waller. Although she was arguably the second-most important villian on the show (behind Luthor and maaaaaaybe Vandal Savage), she's still an overweight, short-haired black woman who was a villian in a business suit with no powers. Everything about her screams don't make her. I'm glad Mattel was daring and made her and Eiling (I wish they would have done Hamilton and Rick Flagg as well). Honorable mention to the Superfriends characters.

– What one figure would you have wanted that was not made?

10-inch: Black Canary (runner up: Dr. Fate)
4-inch: Granny Goodness (runner up: Sonar or Owlman)

– What was the hardest figure to acquire?

VOLCANA. Runner up: Volcana.

– Which figure is the hardest for you to stand?!

A non-factor now that I have Kaiser stands. They all were tricky with their dorsiflexed ankles, but Hawkman was the worst because of the wings. I remember The Shade being particularly tricky also.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 am 
Tis' but a pup

Question for the people who buy customs. What's the average cost per figure? Lets say I want Granny and other New Gods, complete the JLU Beyond and round out the villains?

Reason I ask is I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of jumping ship off MOTUC in order to go back, complete my JLU collection and then some. I'm trying to figure out if it is less stressful hobby then supporting MOTUC in 2015...

To give you an idea of where I left off, I have Aquaman STAS, Firestorm and a STRIPES i got from biglots...because "$10 for a happy meal toy WTF I'm out!" LOL! :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:41 pm 
Resin

FALLENELDOR2.0 wrote:
Question for the people who buy customs. What's the average cost per figure? Lets say I want Granny and other New Gods, complete the JLU Beyond and round out the villains?

Reason I ask is I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of jumping ship off MOTUC in order to go back, complete my JLU collection and then some. I'm trying to figure out if it is less stressful hobby then supporting MOTUC in 2015...

To give you an idea of where I left off, I have Aquaman STAS, Firestorm and a STRIPES i got from biglots...because "$10 for a happy meal toy WTF I'm out!" LOL! :lol: :roll:

I customize Timmverse figures often, Look up Clayface at Custom Justice, Clayface1 at Figurerealm, or Clayface on the JLU custom Wiki. I like to think I am one of the better customizers out there. Here's one of my works.

I usually just make stuff just for my own collection. Occasionally I will sell some things. But it mostly goes on ebay when I do. Last time I put stuff up, I got over $100 a figure. I started them at $35 to $45. For the most part a good custom will cot you $40 to $65 depending on the work involved in the piece. There are guys that sell customs for $20 to $25. But for the most part you get what you pay for. Don't expect the piece to look very good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:04 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

1) I think my favorite might actually be Doomsday! I love the sculpt and the articulation...Waller is also very cool, though.

2) Waller is the clear winner in this category...though I'm also surprised they made Grey Ghost. I'm pretty hugely surprised/annoyed they made the Super Friends and Disco Brainiac, however.

3) Wonder Woman's supporting cast got the shaft pretty majorly, so I'll say it again for old time's sake: Hippolyta!!!!!! Circe, Medusa and Granny Goodness were right up there too.

4) Volcana never made it into my collection....but I'm also without a Toyman. But I basically couldn't find anything at retail beyond the yellow Mirror Master three pack.

5) Fire's legs are super warped. There are really too many figures that have the same problem. I can't even stand Waller half the time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

We never got a JLU Owlman due to tooling, most likely: The necessary new head coupled with his distinctive cape. Can't just repaint a JLU buck into an Owlman. Although, Mattel did have a set pattern of leaving certain teams incomplete for JLU.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 am 
Cold-cast

My favorite Business suit "Lex Luthor".

Most surprised "Warlord".

I wish they made a "Jonah Hex".

Never had a hard time finding anyone. (Thank God!!)

I also use the kaiser stands never have an issue with standing again.