Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2014 exclusives ....
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:18 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

FALLENELDOR2.0 wrote:

What OTHER company does THIS to it's loyal consumers?

To be honest-- when it comes to SDCC exclusives -- all of them..

Look at Hasbro-- the only place to get a 6" scale Salacious Crumb is with the Deluxe Jabba-- (I could deal without having the Dais piece-- but to not include Crumb later-- just plain sucks... ), every single Joe Release-- (and the fact that they usually have rare versions of their actual exclusives) -- and try getting a Marvel Legends Psylocke- X Force style for under 85.00---

If they are going to do these exclusives -- at least just make them an actual release item-- or something that is coming in the next wave or so-- with slight paint changes or something (like Funkos Chrome or GITD or Flocked) .. but since we know they aren't going to stop -- in this case-- I actually prefer the Alt form route as an exclusive -- but never characters (in the case of the wonder twins-- Gleek should have been the pack in-- and that stupid eagle/bucket of water the exclusive thing..)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:48 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Let me fill you guys in on how it is for us press folks-
My friends and I spend about 9 months planning the trip to Comicon. We literally start about 3 months after the show ends. We coordinate different tasks, like passes, hotel, parking, exclusives, coverage of the show, etc. it's a TON of work, and it required everyone do their part. Overall, I spend about $1200-$2000 (and I only live one state over!) for the entire show, and it gets more expensive very year. I'm really looking forward to it, but it really is a lot of work. I definitely plan to treat myself and pick up all of the exclusives I can from Mattel & Hasbro :)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I would have like for a new character instead of Hordak, but when one has 119 MOTUC figures it's hard not to be content. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Having the chest as the exclusive seems reasonable to me. Imagine if Imp himself had been the exclusive. Let's put it this way -- what would be a good idea for an exclusive, one that wouldn't get everyone up in arms?

As for Doomsday, I'll buy it but I do think it should have been the unbound version with swap-out parts to contain him. As-is it looks a bit funny -- his containment suit is skin-tight? I don't recall it being drawn that way in the comics. Oh well. I wonder if he'll be as laughably easy to get as "nU Shazam", Death and Giant-Size Swamp Thing.

Comic Con itself isn't even as much fun anymore. I used to see and spend time with just about everyone I knew who liked comics. Now hardly anyone wants to go, it's such a big mess. I like to go to a convention to see panels, buy comics -- and the variety of vendors has plummeted since that doesn't seem to be what people go for -- and to buy stuff in general. A convention exclusive should be a nice memento, not a money-making opportunity that you have to stand in line forever for. When the time comes that absolutely none of my friends go, I won't go either. These days the best seat in the house is in front of your own computer, and with the money you'll save on tickets, hotel, transportation, etc you can get all the exclusives on ebay even at ridiculous prices and still come out ahead.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 pm 
We're going streaking!

Monster High exclusives have been announced. But because the DCU subscription fell through, I do not have early access this year and therefore, I will not be getting the MH set this year :( Oh well. Such is life.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I hope someone on the MH team (or the execs in charge of product numbers) has gotten a clue by now and makes that set in somewhat insane amounts so that people actually have a chance to get it at both the show and online... oy...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:00 pm 
serves the Otter

Jim_Abell wrote:
I hope someone on the MH team (or the execs in charge of product numbers) has gotten a clue by now and makes that set in somewhat insane amounts so that people actually have a chance to get it at both the show and online... oy...

Nope.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:32 am 
Resin

JuliusMarx wrote:
In case you missed it last week, here's a look at the package and the figure for the DOOMSDAY SDCC exclusive.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/afis ... day-bound/

Also I should have images of Filmation Hordak either Friday night or Saturday.

I think most of us wish this was Unbound Doomsday, but after seeing these pictures, I'm more impressed than I expected to be. This figure is HUGE!

And hey, how'd Ice get in there!??!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:37 pm 
Brand Manager

Must say $35 seems like a steal compared to the MOTUC Hordak at $30......

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:59 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

OK, so I'll be IN for the Total Heroes Cyborg.

The Batmobile is impressive... ... just not $85 impressive (to me at least).

... and I can't believe I am saying this, but I'm kinda thinking about getting the Cars set just because the PACKAGING SOUNDS REALLY COOL (I'll need to see it "in action" before I make a final decision, but I am a bit of a sucker for Japanese "gift etiquette" and this just sounds like something I shouldn't pass up).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:13 pm 
Resin

VERY impressed with Cyborg. He is of great interest to me.

The Batmobile is cool, but not a must have by any means. I'd still like to think we'd see a Batman '66 exclusive of Batgirl with a Batcycle.

Not into the Cars concept, so that one's a pass for me, but I'm sure it will be of interest to those who like the concept.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:09 am 
shirtless hugger

I like the Total Heroes Ultra Cyborg, too. But I know if I get him, I'll want all the members of the Justice League. This is going to be a tough decision.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 am 
Hat Pooper

The only item that I'm interested in is the Skylanders #0 comic book for my nephews.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am 
Hat Pooper

I like the Cyborg figure. At $25, that doesn't sound to bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:49 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Dang, I was hoping Mattel would have a 1966 Batgirl with Motorcycle as an exclusive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next