Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC 2014 exclusives ....
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:54 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

There's still one more reveal date scheduled (next week, I think) and I'm pretty sure that they've said a couple more will be announced closer to the show. That said, I'm not expecting much more to be revealed outside of Hot Wheels items seeing as how none have been announced to date.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:16 pm 
serves the Otter

FAN-DOR wrote:
Dang, I was hoping Mattel would have a 1966 Batgirl with Motorcycle as an exclusive.

Maybe Mattel is still under the impression that this is a line that nobody wants. They certainly did nothing to promote the possibility of future waves at Toy Fair back in February. All we've seen is the Surfs Up Joker, and that was last Fall! If Mattel was serious about doing another full wave, they should have hinted at it or shown concept art/prototypes at Toy Fair in February to help excite consumers and encourage retailers to order more of wave 1 (which retailers stupidly failed to do last year).

Sadly, I don't expect we'll get an SDCC exclusive Batgirl with motorcycle, and the absence of Surfs Up Joker at February's Toy Fair makes me wonder if Mattel decided not to go forward with ANY further waves of figures for this line. :(

I guess we'll know for sure in 2 months, based on what is or isn't unveiled at SDCC.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:32 am 
Loose, Missing Package

At this point I think that any thing more in the 66 line is going to be timed with the DVD release.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:57 am 
ABS

shabbyblue wrote:
FAN-DOR wrote:
Dang, I was hoping Mattel would have a 1966 Batgirl with Motorcycle as an exclusive.

Maybe Mattel is still under the impression that this is a line that nobody wants. They certainly did nothing to promote the possibility of future waves at Toy Fair back in February. All we've seen is the Surfs Up Joker, and that was last Fall! If Mattel was serious about doing another full wave, they should have hinted at it or shown concept art/prototypes at Toy Fair in February to help excite consumers and encourage retailers to order more of wave 1 (which retailers stupidly failed to do last year).

Sadly, I don't expect we'll get an SDCC exclusive Batgirl with motorcycle, and the absence of Surfs Up Joker at February's Toy Fair makes me wonder if Mattel decided not to go forward with ANY further waves of figures for this line. :(

I guess we'll know for sure in 2 months, based on what is or isn't unveiled at SDCC.

I thought Mattel said they were continuing with the 66 line and that it sold well. I also hope to see a Batgirl and her cycle....but not a SDCC exclusive.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:20 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I think the general thought is we will get a Batgirl at retail now that Yvonne's likeness rights are cleared up, but that we would only get her batcycle as part of a bigger packout offering like something at SDCC. There has never been confirmation one way or the other, just general speculation

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:04 am 
ABS

When's the Surfs Up Joker coming out?

As for SDCC, Doomsday & Cyborg are buys.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm 
MINT!

Yeah, I'd love to get that Surf's up Joker.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 pm 
ABS

I offered to pick stuff up for people last year, but no one took me up on it.

**shrugs**

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 pm 
We're going streaking!

CJF28 wrote:
I offered to pick stuff up for people last year, but no one took me up on it.

**shrugs**

I actually did sent you a PM a year to the date asking for help with the Monster High Set, but you never responded :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:58 pm 
ABS

because I stated in the post that Monster High and Boba Fett werent doable. Anything else, I could help with

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:14 am 
PVC

CJF28 wrote:
because I stated in the post that Monster High and Boba Fett werent doable. Anything else, I could help with

you going this year? I have the badges, but no hotel room. The chance of going are not good for this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Mattel announced another SDCC item, this one an Ever After High doll. The con doll will be Cerise Hood following her father's path instead of her mother's so the doll will be called Cerise Wolf with a somewhat darker outfit, brown fur trim and a wolf mask. Don't know much other than that right now, the only place I know of photos is on Tumbler pages and those aren't always "safe" when it comes to MH and EAH dolls (it baffles me sometimes how much some people want to "put out there" online...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Mattel announced a couple of Hot Wheels exclusives, too.

The first is The Homer, the car designed by Homer Simpson, and the second is James Bond's Aston Martin DB5.

I will definitely be getting The Homer. The packaging is cool, and it looks like it comes with a voice chip, although that was not verified by Mattel's announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 pm 
4" scale

When are we getting the Comic Con want thread, specifically since the pre-order for Mattel would be coming up soon?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:38 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Honestly I wasn't going to do one this year. Last year had very little interest and seemed like less "success" in providing items. This year's lot doesn't seem to even be getting that much interest. I suggest just posting a "want" in the swap meet, you might get more attention than a list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next