Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Can you package the toys with the DVDs? I have all the DVDs and most of the figs (damn you Vigilante!), but I think that could make the line more appealing to the non-collector community. And hopefully keep the toys rolling long enough to get more figs out for the collector.

I know that these are 2 different companies that we are talking about, but worth a try no? Co-op marketing and broadening audiences for both products, win win situation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:36 pm 
Damage Control

Dear Wonder Boy,

1-Any chance we will ever see vehicles for the JLU line? I know the Batmobile was done by Kenner when they had the BTAS license, any chance we could see it again? I think it labeled as the knightstriker batmobile?

2-Any chance of seeing VIGILANTE on his motorcycle or SHINING KNIGHT on his horse? Just a thought, why not make the motorcycle like the old SW taun taun, trap door to fit the lower body into the vehicle/animal. It would certainly cut down on new tooling and allow the buyer/collector to enjoy both the figure and the vehicle/animal without a rider.

3-Have you thought of doing 6 figure or 4 figure collecor packs that get the htf figures like what was done with DOOMSDAY?

Thanks for your time.
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:01 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

TRISTAN wrote:
1-Any chance we will ever see vehicles for the JLU line? I know the Batmobile was done by Kenner when they had the BTAS license, any chance we could see it again? I think it labeled as the knightstriker batmobile?

2-Any chance of seeing VIGILANTE on his motorcycle or SHINING KNIGHT on his horse? Just a thought, why not make the motorcycle like the old SW taun taun, trap door to fit the lower body into the vehicle/animal. It would certainly cut down on new tooling and allow the buyer/collector to enjoy both the figure and the vehicle/animal without a rider.

3-Have you thought of doing 6 figure or 4 figure collecor packs that get the htf figures like what was done with DOOMSDAY?

The JLU line is a budget line, so any costs are used for new figures. You'll see the same packaging (singles, 3-packs, 6-pack) because it would use more R&D money to develop new packaging. This also gives a zero chance of getting vehicles or anything like that.

Target will likely get another 6-pack exclusive, since they were very happy with the Doomsday.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:02 am 
serves the Otter

Will Justice League members on The Batman next season effect the JLU toyline in any negative way?

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:16 am 
Bob Vila

Howard the Duck wrote:
...This was copied from the previous Boy Wonder/JLU thread, so I apologize for the repeat, but I want to see the question possibly answered...

Okay, Boy Wonder. I have a toughie of a question to ask. And I'm not so sure it's within your/Mattel's best interests to answer it, but I just have to know.

You've been quoted as saying that certain characters couldn't be made into figures in the JLU and DCSH lines due to not wanting to step on DC Direct's toes(or something to that effect) Here it is:

Q. Can you make the characters from the JLU animated-style comic? Answered on 12/13/2005 :
Quote:
Comic book appearances are tougher given our license agreement. We can only make figures in the 'look' of the line, and not in the 'look' of specific comic book story lines. The reason is because DC Direct makes those figures, and we would be infringing on their business.

So, in light of the upcoming Superman/Doomsday direct to DVD animated feature, DC Direct is releasing animated style Superman characters in the same scale as Justice League Unlimited. Granted, the two projects(Supes VS Doomsday and Justice League Unlimited) are two completely separate entities with no ties to each other, couldn't one say that now DC Direct is infringing on Mattel's business by producing and releasing DC Universe Animated figures?

Sorry to be a pesky question-asker, but that's the info I'm curious about. And, as if I had to tell you, keep up all the great work on the DC stuff, and I'm looking forward to what SDCC brings!

Later!

Are you sure that that answer doesn't apply to the DCSH and not the JLU line? Because that answer sure seems more in line with that line. Of course, I'm too lazy to go back and check....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:13 pm 
Factory Worker

Fone Bone wrote:
Will Justice League members on The Batman next season effect the JLU toyline in any negative way?

i doubt it, it didnt affect joker from being on the JLU line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 pm 
serves the Otter

Azrael24 wrote:
Fone Bone wrote:

i doubt it, it didnt affect joker from being on the JLU line
I'm not talking character embargoes. What I meant was if The Batman has shiny new Justice League members to put into plastic will Mattel think it is worth it to have TWO animated superhero lines with Justice League members?

When truth is only a matter of opinion, advantage goes to the liars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:22 pm 
Factory Worker

Oh, sorry Fone Bone :lol:

marillion wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
Not to go around Marillion but i seriously want this answered:

Is there nothing Mattel can do about what the distributors ask for in terms of cases? If so, will Mattel not release so many of the same stuff??

Mattel has nothing to do with it. Hell, DCSH wouldn't even exist if it weren't for WalMart & Target. Mattel develops the product and produces what is requested from the retailers.

WalMart, Target, KMart and TRU want 75% Superman and Batman, and then 25% of whatever.

Peace,

Chip

But Mattel must have some type of authority on what is being distributed and the amount of figures they give out. after all they are the ones MAKING this line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:30 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Azrael24 wrote:
But Mattel must have some type of authority on what is being distributed and the amount of figures they give out. after all they are the ones MAKING this line

Nope. They develop the product, and show it to retailers. The retailers place an order for X amount of each product. They produce what the retailers order.

I'm waiting for Otter to jump in and outline the entire process for y'all.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:02 am 
proverbial old fart

Can anyone confirm that Boy Wonder is still among the living? I don't recall a peep out him in ages....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Glenn2000 wrote:
Can anyone confirm that Boy Wonder is still among the living? I don't recall a peep out him in ages....

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6467

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:24 am 
proverbial old fart

marillion wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6467

Peace,

Chi

:? ??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Glenn2000 wrote:
:? ??? :?

That quote was a reply to me from the other day, so he's most definitely still alive. :)

Sorry, I should have been clearer...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:09 am 
Damage Control

Thanks Wonder Boy for answering these questions. I have a few.

Is it possible to do a 2 pack-one hero, one villain? You could pair alot of the heroes up with the villains or even thier partners ie STARGIRL and STRIPE.

I understand about the packouts being at least half of the core team, but if that's so, why not just make all new hero and villain 3 packs with no Core heroes? Folks will still get basic characters of the JLU line as well as the variants in the single pack, why not use the other half to go balls to the wall with other characters?

I thought there was a rumor that CAPTAIN MARVEL aka SHAZAM was approved to be done, is it still going to happen?

How many more new characters have been picked for 2007 and 2008? How many new repainted variants?

I hope the line continues and if there is any chance of mattel setting up a collectors club to include the JLU, I hope it comes about.

Tristan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:43 pm 
Damage Control

I understand that the packouts are what the retailer ordered, but isnt mattel the one that is offering how the packouts are made? Is there any way to contact the retailers and ask them to pick just all new figures or at least mostly new figures rather than half the box being the trinity. This line is about diversity and Im sure diversity will help boost sales rather than having them send the trinity 3 packs to the clearance aisle. When Doomsday 6 pack came out, I gotta be honest, I didnt get it right away, most of the characters I already had, I can understand Superman being in the pack, but it would have been cool to see a better cross-section or even random characters put in rather than what was there. The reason I say this is because chances are there are going to be a few figures that the buyer does want in addition to what is drawing him in the first place.

I totally get that the retailers are the ones picking the order, but just what is mattel offering? If you only offer it in one way, it's not really a choice. I know this because AA did the same thing with thier c3 line, they wanted to get into the brick game and rather than just do the mm like marvel mm, they had it in thier contract to do dc minimates only if they sold c3 with it. I know this for a fact. So why doesnt Mattel at least offer more variety with the pack outs? How many trinities does one mom or kid or fan really need. The line will sell just because of the diversity, thats the key thing. If a 3 pack has a core character and the kid gets two unknowns then bully for him, mom got him the figure plus two more figures to play with for 10$. If mattel doesnt want to offer better or more diverse packouts to the retailer then they should at least sell them online.
Not to comptete, but to get the full run of the mold and make thier money, plus not as much scalping can be done if everyone knows where to go. Im not trying to be a jerk, but its one thing to say the retailers picked it like this for sales, but its another to say this was thier ONLY choice at what was offered. Cmon Boy Wonder, let the suits know we want to keep supporting this line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next