Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "ASK MATTY" Q&A Question thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 pm 
my tummy itches

Do we know so far of anything later on in legacy besides what we know now and what is out Julius/Dan? Thanks, cheers - kalibak :twisted:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
Actually they have now said that Batman Legacy line will continue through 2012.

Guess I missed that. Cool news.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 am 
my tummy itches

Here goes to legacy having a legacy!!! Cheers - kalibak :twisted:

Jlu needs: Question 3 pack,MOC Grundy,Star Sapphire single, Barda, MOC tnba wildcard joker, go final 3 packs! Plus I need any TNBA figures. P.S. Why did it take me four days to find this signature change?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I read somewhere that the retail Plastic Man will have no accessories that made the sdcc plastic man such an appealing toy. having now gotten the news that Platinum and Tin will be in a 2 pack, is Tin supposed to be Tina's accessory, or, like the other metal men in the line, will they come with character specific add ons? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:36 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Nevermind.

Last edited by S. Griffin on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 pm 
Knows his stuff

Is Superboy Prime a standard adult buck or one of the teen bucks from the LoSH 12 pack?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:53 pm 
ABS

Since MOTUC relies upon tool re-use, has Granamyr been thought out/designed as dragon "buck" body so that characters like Sorrowful (the cowardly dragon from the Filmation She-ra cartoon) could be made from the same mold?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:31 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

If you were to make a comic accurate version of the Tim Drake Robin in his original costume, would it be on the smaller teen buck used for the young justice Robin? This would be the most accurate buck to use for that character as he looked at that time, similarly, could the same buck be used for a smaller, golden age Dick Grayson Robin to go with the Legacy golden age Batman, as even with the different heads, the wave 16 Robins represent the older version of Robin?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm 
Variant Head

Can you please please please place the recycle symbol on your plastic ?????

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 pm 
active in the community

My question is the same as always will we ever see the unreleased Dr Polaris, Shazam, Faceless Hunter, Gentleman Ghost, Flash, BTBTB Figures? Even as a collectors set! My collection feels very empty without them!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 pm 
Hat Pooper

ive always been a marvel fan and never knew much about dc figures except from batman superman and joker and the flash and green lantern
i watched a green lantern movie and there was a bad guy with yellow lantern and i remember being slightly shocked there was more than one lantern now recently look in toy store near me and theres a flash with black lantern and lex luthor has a orange lantern and sure there was some sort of superman or nitewing lantern

who created and where did all these other lanterns come from?
and is or isnt hal jordan the green lantern?

if someone has links to posts about this that would be great as i admit im finding the whole dc universe rather confusing compared to marvel
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:16 pm 
ABS

deadpool wrote:
ive always been a marvel fan and never knew much about dc figures except from batman superman and joker and the flash and green lantern
i watched a green lantern movie and there was a bad guy with yellow lantern and i remember being slightly shocked there was more than one lantern now recently look in toy store near me and theres a flash with black lantern and lex luthor has a orange lantern and sure there was some sort of superman or nitewing lantern

who created and where did all these other lanterns come from?
and is or isnt hal jordan the green lantern?

if someone has links to posts about this that would be great as i admit im finding the whole dc universe rather confusing compared to marvel
thanks

The DC Universe is more confusing than Marvel thanks in part to the DC "universe" being older than Marvel's and the fact that DC has pushed the reset button a lot more than Marvel has. However, if I might suggest the great cartoon series Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, you may get a better appreciation for the DC Universe (and I say that as a fan of both Marvel and DC).

The answers to your questions are a little bit complicated (and I invite anyone else to correct my errors and omissions). Hal Jordan is a Green Lantern (along with several other human Green Lanterns including John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner as part of the larger Green Lantern Corp). The whole explosion of multi-colored lanterns is the work of writer Geoff Johns. Johns began work on Green Lantern in the mid to late 2000s and added to the Green Lantern mythology with the whole notion of the "emotional" spectrum of the lanterns. Sinestro, a former Green Lantern, was banished to a planet in the anti-matter universe called Qward. There Sinestro builds an army around the yellow power of "fear" to counter the Green Lantern power of "will." This led to the formation of the Sinestro Corp (the yellow lanterns), leading to the Rage of the Red Lanterns and began the War of Light.

Initially, there are seven different lantern colors each with its own emotion attached to it: Red (powered by the emotion of Rage), Orange (emotion = Greed/Avarice), Yellow (emotion = Fear), Green (emotion = Will), Blue (emotion = Hope), Indigo (emotion = Compassion), and Violet (emotion = Love).

In Johns' addition to the methology, it was fortold that these seven color power batteries and their users would meet in a "War of Light" which would destroy the world and lead to the "Blackest Night" (this was actually based upon a story in the 80's by Alan Moore that depicted a prophecy of the fall of the Lantern Corp). Most of the Guardians of Oa (The blue-skinned bosses of the Green Lantern homeworld) decided to get rid of all mentions of this prophecy except for 2 Guardians who protested and were kicked out of Oa. These 2 Guardians, Ganthet and Sayd, then created the blue power battery of Hope and warned Hal Jordan and a few other Green Lantern of the prophecy. Each of the colored lanterns has their own members and leaders. Without spoiling too much, along the way each of the colored lanterns armies recruit deputies from Earth - many of DC's popular superoheroes/villains - to join in the fight. Lex Luthor becomes an orange lantern and deputy to Larfleeze (the leader and original orange lantern). Aquaman's wife, Mera, becomes a red lantern and deputy of Atrocitus (leader of the red lanterns). A yellow ring chooses a popular character who refuses it and instead it goes to Scarecrow who becomes a deputy of the Sinestro Corp. Flash becomes a Blue Lantern, and this continues on. During the events of "Blackest Night" and the follow-up story "Brightest Day" we come to learn about 2 other colors - Black and White). The Black Lanterns become a threat that seek to destroy everything as we know it and their members come from a unique source. As a result of these storylines, several characters become members of different color Lantern corps (and some characters change their lantern affiliation multiple times or collect multiple lantern rings). This includes Hal whose strong emotions led him to be part of many of the lantern colors - which is why you might be confused about whether or not Hal is still a member of the Green Lantern Corp).

If your interest has been peaked, I would suggest that you check out the Sinestro Corp, Blackest Night, and Brightest Day tradepaperbacks. They are pretty interesting reads, but if you want a cliff notes version, you could always check out:

Wikipedia Sinestro Corp Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinestro_Corps_War
Wikipedia Blackest Night Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackest_Night
Wikipedia Brightest Day Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brightest_Day

I hope that helps clarify things somewhat without giving away too much in case you want to read the books on your own.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The colored Lanterns don't recruit anyone per say. Their rings spawn new rings which look for suitable candidates to become The New Guardians during Blackest Night. I only point this out because it is WAY out of Larfleeze's character to want to give away any of his rings let alone seek out a deputy. In which he fights Luthor for the ring at the end of Blackest Night.

"And if you had any hair... I'd take that too, baldy!"

Also the yellow ring doesn't choose anyone before Scarecrow, it's an earlier Green Lantern issue where the ring chooses Batman and he rejects it. During Blackest Night... Batman isn't really around too much if not at all...

The Green Lanterns shift colors when Krona is able to control Green Lanterns. So Hal, Guy, John and Kyle all take significant color shifts.

As for the Black and White Lanterns... no Black Lanterns are none to exist and there is only one White Power Ring.

The Red Lanterns who are led by Atrocticus are chosen due to extreme rage. His story can be found in Green Lantern: Secret Origin as well as Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns

The nature and place of Blackest Night is still yet unknown in the New 52... Dan DiDio, Editor and Chief of DC Comics has stated that none of the previous Crisis stories are no longer canon. If this is the case then some of the events of Blackest Night couldn't have occurred how they did.

At this point to try and jump into anything from pre-New 52 DCnU is just going to havoc for anyone!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:58 am 
Hat Pooper

thanks very much for the info guys really was interesting cheers.
i only just started getting into dc stuff and have seen a few animated movies like supermans death and a few batman ones and a weird superman one where lex luthor was in metropolis and supergirl was living with or going out with him which i found strange and apparently superman was ok with this hmm.

i watched all smallville and thought it was a lot of fun and the green arrow just looked really cool in smallville but not keen on the way he is in comics which is strange for me as normally hate the way they change comic heros outfits and things for the movies.

thanks again im off to study up on the lanterns
and i think i really like deathstroke hes cool i hope you get a figure of him too

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:12 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I got my Deathstroke in the mail finally! Should be here tomorrow or Friday!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 121  Next