Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:45 pm 
Killer Mothman

Thanks for taking the time to answer all our questions.

1) Everyone knows the Four Horsemen sculpt a majority of the DCSH figures, but we have no idea who does such a wonderful job of translating the animated 2D designs into 3D. Can you share who some of the sculptors on the JLU are? (and tell them great job!)

2) There have been some very cool paint variations in the past (Justice Lords, "battle damaged" and "internet code" versions) and I was wondering if you could tell us what effort is required in creating a repainted figure and how easy or difficult and desireable it is to make those changes?

3) I found it odd that I somewhat recently saw Vigilante both on the single card and in the three-pack at the same time and was wondering what decisions go into choosing which figures to get re-issued and does shelf life factor in to that decision?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:44 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Because a Hal Jordan figure can't be made, with the freedom you now have to make nearly all other characters from the DCAU, will we ever see a nod to fans and customisers that features a DCAU character that has a similar head sculpt to the Hal figure?

It would be a completely different character, different body type and paint, maybe even one you guys create yourselves like some of the characters in the original superpowers line? It would though, have a head sculpt similar enough to that of Hal Jordans that fans and collectors could do an easy head swap and repaint to enable those that want a Hal, (all be it a custom one) but that shares a similar enough head at least to the original?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:56 pm 
Knows his stuff

im new here (just found out my account works!), so i dont know if anyone has asked this question, but will we ever see attack armor batman in north america?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:21 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I think Mattel would be missing a HUGE oppurtunity by not re-using the Shyera Hol body for future female characters...is this something that is on your radar? I think many of us would like to get a bit more variety in the body types. Is there also any chance to re-use the catwoman/batgirl body for a new Supergirl or Stargirl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:14 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Toy Guru/Mattel, if Lobo's still a 'no' for JLU... can a figure of him be made by the 4H in the new DCSH line? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:31 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

My apologies if this has been asked before.

Any word on an approximate shipping time for the Fire & Ice three pack? Many of us are worried that this is going to be another case of the Ray/Shayera pack from last year. Just concerned because the original release date was believed to have been May/June but to date none have been reported at retail.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm 
An Insider

zaxilla2 wrote:
TG- why is there no link to a Justice League or The Batman toy site on the mattel 'our toys' page? is it because they are WB properties? I think it would be nice to have an official page, at least for The Batman.
edit: a good reference would be the BEN 10 page. they've got all the products, games, and cool info about the show

thanks again!
z.

Q1. Why is there no link to a Justice League, DCSH or The Batman toy site on the Mattel 'our toys' page? Is it because they are WB properties? I think it would be nice to have an official page, at least for The Batman.

A: We’re actually working on a new web presence as we speak (or type) Look for news in the near future.

thanks for the response! Looking forward to this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:07 pm 
proverbial old fart

Thanks for the latest responses!

However, I do have a question that still hasn't been addressed...

What is the status of the Legion of Super-Hero figures? Before Mattel finalized the agreement for the license, it appeared that the first series was on track for this holiday season. Subsequently, the sneak peeks disappeared from all the toy sites and there has been no real communication from Mattel.

The Legion is fast approaching it's 50th anniversary. Will Mattel be participating with anything Legion related?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:44 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Your advice for us to talk to retailers about the availability of DCSH and JLU figures is not applicable here in the Philippines. Our retailers cannot even get their orders for these figures, which prevent us from getting the figures on retail.

Where and how can we get the DCSH and JLU figures Mattel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:39 pm 
I really hope this question will be answered.

I'm collecting the whole "Super Friends" line. I just love these cute toys!!! I'm collecting, anticipating that we will get a Wonder Woman figure. Here's my concern. Mattel, in the past, had a clear philosophy about little boys "not wanting" female figures. The company wanted pink aisles full of Barbies for girls, and blue aisles full of superheroes for boys. Super Friends is a kids' line-little boys being the primary target, presumably. Soooo..will we get a Wonder Woman figure/ Or is that not an option for this line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:21 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Hi ToyGuru, thanks for answering a couple of the questions that I posted last time. When I asked about new body types for characters now that JLU will become DCAU, you answered the following:

A: We are trying to make the JLU figures as close to on-model as possible and if that means a character needs a new body, that is what we will do.
One of the reasons we are able to create so many characters in the JLU style is due to the simplicity of the body and the re-use of existing tools.

This answer made me want to ask the following question, can you sculpt a new set of legs for the basic female body that doesnt wear heels?
(Like in this diagram)

If you made a new set of legs with flat feet, you would be able to make certain JLU/DCAU female charcters on model, as you say you aim to.

The following figures would all benefit from the new body type:
• Harley Quinn
• Poison Ivy (TNBA)
• Catwoman (re-release of your TNBA Catwoman head on this body)
• Killer Frost
• Livewire
• Gypsy (would need vinyl skirt piece like Blue Devils vest)
• Tala (would need vinyl skirt piece like Blue Devils vest)
• Tsukuri
• Katma Tui (re-release as shouldn't have had heels)
• Ice (possible running change/re-release as shouldn't have had heels)
• Crimson Fox
• Inque
• Silver Banshee
• Circe

I think it would help make the sculpts in the line just that bit more on model and make it look a bit more varied with very little effort. Plus, with such a large number of characters to use the new sculpted legs, it should make the tooling cost worthwhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:37 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Oh, and one more question......

After the Grodd 6 pack is released, is there any chance you'll do a Solovar 6 pack, to give us another large character and also allowing more usage from that sculpt? (A new head sculpt for him would be nice though, afterall he is a good guy).

Basically you'd be doing something similar to what you did with the "Red Lava Doomsday 6 pack". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:20 pm 
Former King of Posts

Do you see the 3pack and single pack dual packout of Animated figures continuing? The 3pack method causes collectors to have to buy figures they already have. Not just Superman and Batman, but recently Hawkman came with Rocket Red and robot Flash. Rocket Red came as a single way back. And could be found at the grocery store until recently. robot Flash with Justice Lords GL and Mars. No way do collectors need another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:46 pm 
Former King of Posts

And please, stop packing out 3packs which were released on orange cards.

The only JLU in my local Target is 5 copies of Batman/ ShiningKnight/ Zatanna. Yeah, they are on purple cards, but this product was released on orange cards over a year ago.

Please ship more of the product shown at SDCC 2006:
Aquaman/ Stargirl/ Parasite
Green Arrow/ Hawk/ Volcana
Martian Manhunter/ Barda/ Deadshot
Superman/ Sand/ Star Sapphire
Brainiac/ Vigilante/ Obsideon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:58 pm 
Hat Pooper

superfriend wrote:
And please, stop packing out 3packs which were released on orange cards.

The only JLU in my local Target is 5 copies of Batman/ ShiningKnight/ Zatanna. Yeah, they are on purple cards, but this product was released on orange cards over a year ago.

Please ship more of the product shown at SDCC 2006:
Aquaman/ Stargirl/ Parasite
Green Arrow/ Hawk/ Volcana
Martian Manhunter/ Barda/ Deadshot
Superman/ Sand/ Star Sapphire
Brainiac/ Vigilante/ Obsideon

I second that!

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 121  Next