Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:32 am 
Brand Manager

I would like to know when we'll hear (or take a look) about the new JLU figures (please, don't tell me it will be soon, let us know at least the month we'll hear about them).

Is the Fire/Ice pack hitting stores before xmas?

Any chance of including some BAF in the JLU line? Even some normal size characters that couldn't be released as a single, or included in a 3-pack would be really nice (as Amanda Waller or Gen. Eiling).

Thanks in advance :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:29 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Mattel, is there any chance of a "Do-Over" on certain characters when JLU becomes DCAU?
There are a few characters that fans were unhappy with, mainly due to scale issues.The pic below gives an example of one such case, the Supergirl figure released, (the one on the right) is too small. The one next to Superman has been scaled up to be the right size.

I am pretty sure if you asked collectors of the line if they would like you to try again with this figure, they would say yes!!

Other characters that could be redone are:

Booster Gold (blue and yellow paint deco instead of black and gold)
Stargirl (same scale issue as Supergirl, as they use hte same body)
Amazo (again too small, if it had been done to scale the first time, you would have gotten your monies worth of the new tooling, seeing as he has been released 5 times in the line so far)
Atom Smasher (too small, could have used the larger Amazo sculpt with just a new head)

Please can you pay more attention to scale and design of the characters when the line becomes DCAU!

PS. Just wanted to say thanks for releasing Grodd, he looks fantastic!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:45 am 
Damage Control

First off, thanks Mattel for trying to answer questions as best as you can. Most of us appreciate the time you spend trying to make us happy:). Ok, here is my question. In another question and answer session you did with another site, this was stated:

"Other Site: During the last Comic Con, there was mention of Bruce Timm doing some new turn-around drawings for Mattel. Can you tell us what that is all about and for what product line?"

"MATTEL: This was not an announcement made by Mattel but rather a rumor that spread around. At this time we do not having anything to announce regarding Bruce Timm art on the packaging."

Well obviously the person answering the question didn't understand the question being asked. It's been stated directly from Mattel, to people on this board(to my knowledge), that Bruce Timm is doing turnarounds for future *figures* not package art. Through the disappointing JLU showing throughout this toy show season, the one thing that kept me excited was BT actually doing new designs for the redo of this line. So, on the record, which is correct? Bruce Timm helping design characters for the new line, or was it just a rumor stated by Mattel employees. I'm just curious, as this will help reaffirm my excitement in the line. Thanks a lot for listening to our rants:)

Thanks to AFHUB for the 'sound' bite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:10 am 
The Last Word

Mattel wrote:
This is a question we get a lot, and the bottom line is that if you are having trouble finding Mattel product at your local retailer, you should let them know what you want to see on the shelf. While Mattel works with all of our retail partners to bring product to the shelf, it is up to the individual stores and chain stores to decide what they want to carry.
Mattel wrote:
It is the corporate headquarters of our retail partners that you would want to contact. Mattel does not have an official policy on this, but it is up to individual fans (customers) to let the retail stores they shop in know what product they would like to buy.

My preferred retailer, one of the more popular online stores, knows what I want to buy, but their orders are not being fulfilled. I sent an e-mail to them today to ask if they had heard anything new from Mattel on figures I had pre-ordered through their web site. This was the response I received.

my favorite online retailer wrote:
Unfortunately Mattel is not very good at updating us on these items. We do not have any further information at this time -I'm sorry!

So my questions are: Why isn't Mattel fulfilling the orders of online retailers frequented by collectors so that we can purchase these items? And why aren't you communicating better with them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:48 am 
Factory Worker

Now that the DCSH line has transformed, what is going to happen to figures in the original DCSH line? i'm mostly referring to Supergirl who was not truly released, my two local, target NEVER released a blue Supergirl figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:45 am 
Dog Squeezer

Azrael24 wrote:
Now that the DCSH line has transformed, what is going to happen to figures in the original DCSH line? i'm mostly referring to Supergirl who was not truly released, my two local, target NEVER released a blue Supergirl figure.

Same here. I've never seen the Blue(current costume) Supergirl in my area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

1. Mattel, if your planned rebranded JLU/DCAU line does not get picked up by the big retailers and therefore gets abandoned, will we still be able to get any of the scheduled figures that have already been shown but still not hit the shelves, namely Fire, Ice and Mr Miracle?

2. If these figures dont hit stores, would you consider releasing them through an online outlet or as a convention exclusive at a later date, like you did with the Shayera & The Ray?

3. Do all of the big retailers in the States have to be onboard for you to continue the line or would you still be able to go ahead if it was just Toys-r-us, Target and not Wal-Mart? I ask because you have done exclusives to certain stores and not others, so it would seem you dont need every outlet selling the same items to justify the lines existance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:32 pm 
Knows his stuff

1.would we get the clear "flying" stands similar to the ones released in marvel legends? if so, would they feature a system similar to ML or perhaps a grip around the waist/torso?

2. will the batgirl and clark kent figures be released as single packs?

3. if batgirl is re-released, would it be the same neal adams gray version, or her first appearance black coloring?

4. will the bases shown at SDCC '05 ever be released, even as a mail-in (or similar) exclusive?

5. will their be box sets or two packs throughout the line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:33 pm 
An Insider

zaxilla2 wrote:
RobinR wrote:
Mattel thinks he won't sell.

This is why we all lose. :roll: I would definitely buy The Alfred.

on a side note:
I was really let down wehn Mattel only showed "The Justice" figures at SDCC and not any new villians or other supporting characters. Mostly because at that point, those characters were only in the season finale and "The Superman" hadn't even made an appearance. Also because it's The Batman and we've already got JLU figures. I collect this line for the villians.

How about it, Mattel: are we ever going to see any other The Batman villians or supporting characters in this line?

Last edited by zaxilla2 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:11 pm 
PVC

Mattel, this line is shaping up to be the one to beat among comic superhero action figure lines. However, with the 3 announced waves of DCUC, only 1 female made the cut. Without getting into specific characters, will we be getting more females in the remaining 2 waves for '08?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:21 pm 
Factory Worker

hi,

I know you must be tired of getting questions about distribution and have repeatedly asked us to ask our retailers.

So I did.

These are the answers I got when asking about JLU and Mattel's last two Batman waves (Two Face and Clayface):

I talked to Distributors' reps, branch managers and even retail shop owners. I visited Toys R Us outlets in Singapore, Manila and Hong Kong. I Also ToyKingdom, ToyTown, KidStation, the biggest toy retail chains in Philippines as well as the owner of Bestoys, the oldest and possibly biggest collector market retail chain. All informal though.

I had no tape recorder so this is all from memory and I had to paraphrase to combine similar responses.

Here are their replies:

- We've repeatedly tried ordering these from Mattel but the product just isn't arriving. Maybe it isn't being distributed here in Asia. Sometimes they just skip us (Asia) altogether like they did with several JLU waves and when we ask about it, they are hard to get a hold of.

- We've ordered but they keep sending the old stuff. We keep getting new shipments of these (older waves).

- We've ordered and we've been waiting for these for over a year but they just aren't arriving here.

- They only listen to American retailers. We don't have any say in case ratios. We just get what they let us order.(Or words to that effect)

- They just aren't making it available for order.

- We stopped ordering because of the case assortments. No one is buying the variants.

- We order very little because we don't like the case assortments and we don't get to order what we want. We only ever had a few Azraels in our stores and we couldn't order a new one because we would have to order more Batmans and we're stuck with so many Batmans and Supermans already. Same with Mongul.

- We want these but we're not getting any shipments.

- One said: We can't choose what we order. They are offered to us as "6 inch DC Superheroes" and "Justice League figures" They just send whatever they have. So sometimes we get old stock and sometimes we don't get complete waves. We missed two whole JLU waves here in Manila.

And someone even said, we never had these problems with ToyBiz. Hasbro on the other hand sent only Variants to Asia. All Green Quicksilvers and not a single blue one. But at least they get the product to us. Mattel? Seems like they don't have problems with their other lines like CARS or Barbie. Only the DC stuff gets mixed up (I don't know what the guy meant by mixed up).

===

So these are replies from retailers about Distrubtion and case ratios. Nothing formal I admit.

Oh, and they ALL said they've tried to talk to Mattel but they don't get clear answers on DC product.

Any chance you can comment on their replies?

===

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:40 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I have a question in regards to the DC Super Friends Line, will there a GL Hal Jordan figure to be added?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 am 

Follow-up to my DC Super Friends question,

Are the following DC Superheroes being considered as Super Friends action figures?

Black Lightning
Booster Gold
Hawkwoman(Shayera Thal)
Green Arrow
J'onn J'onzz
The Atom(Ray Palmer)
Black Canary
Fire and Ice
Firestorm(Jason Rousch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:01 am 

Is Mattel planning to create Batwoman and Superwoman(from Superman/Batman#25) for the DC Universe collection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 am 
Former King of Posts

When should we expect to see the Grodd 6pack to hit retail?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 121  Next