Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:36 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Found the joker pack at one target Sunday AM- so on a whim I drove the 15 miles to the next target and found both a Joker and Hawkman pack-- there was some missed paint on the canary so I left that pack there.

My brother also found 2 joker packs and a Vigilante on purple card.

If anyone wants to trade for either of these (with a Blue Devil single or the Obsidian, Barda wave packs let me know-- I should have them in my hand on Friday--- and if anyone is going to the Steel Ctiy Con on Saturday we could exchange in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:27 am 
5" Scale

Thatman wrote:
This is driving me nuts...there are two Targets near me, and neither of them have restocked ANY JLU stuff in at least a month (literally). I've been going in twice a week out of increasing desperation, and there hasn't even been so much as a new pegwarmer. Just the same two Zatanna/Shining Knight 3-packs, and a handful of Superman, Batman & Steel singles.

So they're hitting in this area, just these places won't put the stuff on the shelf! :(

If it's only 2 Zatanna packs left, you might want to try Ham Salad's "trigger a restock by buying up the pegwarmers and then returning them later" strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:06 am 
5" Scale

brand42 wrote:
Thatman wrote:
This is driving me nuts...there are two Targets near me, and neither of them have restocked ANY JLU stuff in at least a month (literally). I've been going in twice a week out of increasing desperation, and there hasn't even been so much as a new pegwarmer. Just the same two Zatanna/Shining Knight 3-packs, and a handful of Superman, Batman & Steel singles.

So they're hitting in this area, just these places won't put the stuff on the shelf! :(

If it's only 2 Zatanna packs left, you might want to try Ham Salad's "trigger a restock by buying up the pegwarmers and then returning them later" strategy.

Believe me, I've been tempted. :D I customize a bit, but I already have an extra Shining Knight lying around & more Batmans than I can use, so there goes that option.

I'm giving it 'til the end of this week. My obsessive-collector mentality is screaming at me because I'm still missing figures shown at last years' SDCC! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:12 am 
Former King of Posts

My current fear is that when new figures do finally show up, they will be the Joker/Hawkman packs meaning that Stargirl/Parasite, Volcana, Barda/Deadshot, Sand/StarSapphire, and Obsideon will have never appeared in my area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:09 am 
Fugitive Dust

Haven't seen anything new at the Target in Livermore, CA for months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:53 pm 
Mint on Card

JBElliott wrote:
Haven't seen anything new at the Target in Livermore, CA for months.

Just today at lunch time I saw the Joker 3-pack and the Hawkman 3-pack at Target in San Ramon, CA. I didn't buy it since i already had it but i wanted to report it for those local.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:56 pm 
Collector Inspector

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFTER A FREAKIN YEAR.. MY TARGET GOT NEW JLU 3PACKS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All they have had forever is a few Injustice Gang 3packs.
But of coarse, they got new 3packs in, but they werent the ones I wanted. They were of the Hawkman wave.
I still need Obsidian and all of them. Lately is seems targets are getting the hawkman wave in more than the obsidian wave and this bothers me. Im afraid were falling back into what happened with the Volcana wave. Where that wave became so hard to find and distributed very little.

It would help if stores would put the DC stuff on sale. My target has had those Injustice 3packs and some orange carded scarecrows and supergirls forever. If they would just put them on sale they would sell.

Opened me up a BBTS account and put what 3packs they had on preorder and some other stuff in the "pile of loot" feature. But as time goes on I keep feeling uneasy about it.

Oh yeah... my target also had new singles. Vixen, Rayner, Orion, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 pm 
ABS

At least you're getting the Hawkman wave. We STILL havent gotten ANY purple packaged figures here. I only have the Nemesis pack due to the kindness of a complete stranger.

And if youre reading this you know who you are, and you are still THE MAN! :D

I'm going out hunting tomorrow 20 miles away, so hopefully I have a successful hunt, but with the scalper epedimic out there, I doubt I will. :evil:

Notoriety can be fun.

http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
Prototype

superfriend wrote:
My current fear is that when new figures do finally show up, they will be the Joker/Hawkman packs meaning that Stargirl/Parasite, Volcana, Barda/Deadshot, Sand/StarSapphire, and Obsideon will have never appeared in my area.

That's what happened here. The Joker packs showed up here last week and the Barda and Star Sapphire packs never did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:08 pm 
Knows his stuff

I found these today. Two Joker packs and one Hawkman. Bought one Joker and the Hawkman. I've already got a case preordered from bbts, but my buddy already said he'd take the Hawkman pack off my hands. Unfortunately, finding these probably means I'm never going to see a Stargirl 3-pack at retail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:46 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I worry as much as everyone else on here about the figures not being seen again- HOWEVER-

JLU seems to be a line that harkens back to the days of old, where older characters continue to ship with newer characters- look at all of the reissues we have had this year-

I think Mattel will ship Stargirl and Volcana packs again, along with the Obsidian, Barda, and Star Sapphire sets again. The pattern seems to indicate that they will find their ways back to retail...

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:14 am 
Collector Inspector

It kinda reminds me of MOTU (another Mattel line Ironically) where you could find the core characters pretty much until the line ends. Unfortunately I went to ebay for Stargirl, but I agree with CordeliaChasefan and you'll see them packed out again. And if I'm nopt mistaken, Volcana is scheduled to ship with an upcoming assortment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:43 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Stargirl is definitely going to be packed in with a future assortment. It was either Boy Wonder or Toy Guru who said that a short tme ago.
As far as Volcana goes, I'm hoping we find out this week that she will be available individually because I really don't want a 4th Green Arrow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 am 
PVC

darkknight30 wrote:
Stargirl is definitely going to be packed in with a future assortment. It was either Boy Wonder or Toy Guru who said that a short tme ago.
As far as Volcana goes, I'm hoping we find out this week that she will be available individually because I really don't want a 4th Green Arrow....

I hope you mean stargirl and parasite. Heck, I even want the aquaman with both hands :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:20 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Yes, I did mean the 3 pack, w/ Parasite and Aquaman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next