Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:23 am 
5" Scale

only new thing I found is the Joker 3 pack, picked one up for me and one for a friend. Im still missing a lot of the 3 packs. Im really hating this crap!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:49 am 
Bob Vila

I found two Hawkman packs at two different Targets last night, so I'm guessing new cases are reaching stores. I think this has been the problem with most of the new stuff: each store got one case, sold the packs with new figs that collectors want, and added the dregs (Trinity packs and Zatanna/ Shining Knights) to their growing collection. Since JLU packs all have the same SKU, the system doesn't think they need to reorder, since the store still has numerous packs. So each store essentially is getting only one of the desired packs, ever. I hope that Mattel addresses this problem by repacking packs like Barda/Deadshot and Stargirl/Parasite so that we all have a chance to find them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:27 am 
PVC

darkknight30 wrote:
Krypton1976 wrote:
Found both Joker & Hawkman packs in a Target here in Miami. They should be all over the country now.

but they're not..... :x

They are definitely not. I just got back from a road trip in which I traveled from Pennsylvania to South Carolina and back. Since I was traveling by myself, I took the opportunity to stop at every Target and TRU I saw along the way. All in all, I stopped at 27 Targets and 7 TRUs in PA, DE, MD, VA, TN, NC and SC. (Yikes, typing that makes me sound cuh-razy.) I visited 14 of those Targets and 3 of those TRUs again on my way back. And you know what I scored?

Not a damn thing.

Sigh. I still don't own a Shade. I hate to always complain, but man, this sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:10 am 
Dog Squeezer

Rebis wrote:
darkknight30 wrote:
Krypton1976 wrote:
Found both Joker & Hawkman packs in a Target here in Miami. They should be all over the country now.

They are definitely not. I just got back from a road trip in which I traveled from Pennsylvania to South Carolina and back. Since I was traveling by myself, I took the opportunity to stop at every Target and TRU I saw along the way. All in all, I stopped at 27 Targets and 7 TRUs in PA, DE, MD, VA, TN, NC and SC. (Yikes, typing that makes me sound cuh-razy.) I visited 14 of those Targets and 3 of those TRUs again on my way back. And you know what I scored?

Not a damn thing.

Sigh. I still don't own a Shade. I hate to always complain, but man, this sucks.

MAN... sorry to hear your pain. WOW 27 Targets and 7 TRU's?!?!?! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 am 
MINT!

Rebis wrote:
darkknight30 wrote:
Krypton1976 wrote:

Not a damn thing.

Wow! :shock: You would think that you would have been able to find at least one Joker or Hawkman 3-pack. This is really discouraging to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:04 am 
PVC

Thanks guys. I know part of it was bad luck. I saw the Superman/Steel/Supergirl three-packs at a few places, and at one Target there were a few of the repaint wave singles (Lex Luthor, repainted Supes, Bats, WW, etc.) Saw plenty of the old Doomsday 6-packs, which was weird. But otherwise, a big ZERO.

Kinda demoralizing. I left on the trip certain that I'd be able to finally get some new figueres on my shelf. I haven't given up hope yet, but something needs to change soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:06 am 
PVC

audiecugi wrote:
Wow! :shock: You would think that you would have been able to find at least one Joker or Hawkman 3-pack. This is really discouraging to hear.

Nope, didn't see a single one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:21 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Rebis wrote:
All in all, I stopped at 27 Targets and 7 TRUs in PA, DE, MD, VA, TN, NC and SC. (Yikes, typing that makes me sound cuh-razy.) I visited 14 of those Targets and 3 of those TRUs again on my way back.

Now that's what I call a serious toy run! :D

Sorry to hear about the unlucky results though. Do you have any Big Lots near you? Maybe you can try there. That's the new hot spot for finding JLU and DCSH. Targets are rough out here for JLU too since the reset. There's only one peg for 3 packs and two for singles at the ones near me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:00 am 
Bob Vila

Man, Rebis, that's just awful. Sounds like you saw the remnants of the Joker and Hawkman cases (The Steel/Supergirl pack is in those). But to have gone oh- for 51 (the number of stops you made, total).... Wow. That's gotta be demoralizing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 am 
PVC

bh wrote:
Do you have any Big Lots near you? Maybe you can try there. That's the new hot spot for finding JLU and DCSH.

Thanks bh! Yeah, I read about Big Lots being a great place to score JLU figures lately, but the 2 in my area don't have anything (yet). I actually did stop at 2 Big Lots on my giant toy run (one in northern VA and one in Rocky Mount, NC) but struck out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:11 am 
Tis' but a pup

Rebis wrote:
...All in all, I stopped at 27 Targets and 7 TRUs in PA, DE, MD, VA, TN, NC and SC. (Yikes, typing that makes me sound cuh-razy.) I visited 14 of those Targets and 3 of those TRUs again on my way back. And you know what I scored?

Not a damn thing....

Wow, I can only imagine the discouragement you must feel. You really went on a quest, didn't you? Your story really gives me pause. Distribution has long been a problem with this line, and it's clear that we're not out of the woods yet. Good for you for trying. I certainly wish that the outcome had been more rewarding!

By the way, I live in PA. Since that's where your journey began, is that where you're from? A few of us were lamenting in another thread how PA seems to be a wasteland for JLU and DCSH figures...

Last edited by Caprica6 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:50 am 
Fugitive Dust

I found the Joker three pack below at the Livermore, CA Target this morning:

I got the lava Doomsday Target special pack at a Target in Naperville, IL last week.

Other than those, I've had no luck finding things at the brick and mortar stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:04 pm 
Prototype

I've seen several Joker packs, but no Hawkman packs yet. I'll be checking Target again tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:12 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I've seen the Joker set 4 or 5 times. I found a Hawkman set once and have yet to see the Deadshot wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:38 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Has the Star Sapphire three back shown up anywhere?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next