Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:20 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

found them in san rafael tru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:10 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Norwalk,OH Big Lots had 1 Hawkman set left. (It's mine now!) Crappy rubbery ankles though..... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:17 am 
Hat Pooper

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Prices were about the same as Target.

$9 for JLU and DCSH
$7.50 for Superfriends

I didn't bother with the batman stuff simply because I don't need/want any of those repaints from several years ago.

I DID get extra Hawkman and Joker pack (the store had two and I got them both! hint hint) ALSO, the stock person said that they SHOULD have more as soon as this stock starts to run low so I will head back in a day or so and check again.

There was only ! Cyborg Supes and he is already open and on my shelf, sorry.

The store had several Steels, Monguls, and Parasites, and I saw a BLACK SUIT SUPERMAN there as well. No BLue Supergirl so I am still looking for her.

Give me a PM if there is anything in particular I can look for.

Which Big Lots did you find them at? I work in Rochester and still need the 5 latest 3 packs.

Post subject: Re: Check your Big Lots
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 am 
shirtless hugger

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I saw this posted over on the DC Direct boards so I thought I would share it here ...

Big Lots has the new DCSH waves including Cyborg Superman and JLU 3 packs with Hawkman and Joker.

I haven't been yet myself but plan to check it out tomorrow.

Iwill confirm or deny once I see for myself.

Heads up and Happy Hunting!

All i can say is GOD BLESS YOU!!! I went to Big Lots and finally, after about 2 years of looking for figs, i was able to pick the 3-pack i wanted out of about 10 or 12 others. They had both the Joker and Hawkman packs! I'm starting to think the reason it's been so hard to find the new 3-packs is more Targets fault then Mattels. If Big Lots can order 10 cases of JLU figs then why can't Target? Oh yeah, i forgot, they need 20 pegs for unmovable pirates merchandise!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:51 am 
Dog Squeezer

I wonder if TARGET, WALMART and TRU people look here in the boards to see how much collectors say stuff about their distribution/stocking item problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:08 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Big Lots in Redwood City, CA was unexciting - Had the JLU 3 packs (Trinity, Joker, but no Hawkman) and DCSH (Parasite, Mongul, Steel, Supes, but no Blue SG or Cyborg). Didn't see any Superfriends. It is encouraging that another retailer is carrying the product though.

I did see Superfriends at Kmart in RWC. Picked up a Luthor and GL. Although it won't scan, it is 7.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:15 am 
MINT!

If even *** I *** can find new product at Big Lots, things are really looking up. And the guy working there was very friendly. I asked if they has some of the other sets shown on the back of the JLU packs (volcana, etc) and he said no, they didn't always get in everything from a particular line. But he was very nice about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:27 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I also forgot to mention that although I didn't find anything at Target, it looks like they raised the prices on the 3 packs to $10.99 here in Northern California.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:53 am 
Damage Control

Both my gf and I went to different Big Lots and found nothing. Right now I'm in Nor Cal and she's in Sol Cal and we hit up all the stores in our area and nothing. Not even a trace of any DCSH product. Again, I hate you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:21 am 
Joint Unfreezer

The Big Lots close to work has restocked already. 3 Hawkman packs, but not the version I want. Oh well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:28 am 
Knows his stuff

found cyborg sups no jlu though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:24 pm 
Killer Mothman

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
The Big Lots close to work has restocked already. 3 Hawkman packs, but not the version I want. Oh well!

Not the version you want? Not the version you want??!! :evil:

YEAH GODS! I still haven't seen hide nor hair of Hawkman and you guys are just "leaving them hangin'?"

To quote my amigo stcardinal...

stcardinal wrote:
we hit up all the stores in our area and nothing. Not even a trace of any DCSH product. Again, I hate you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:28 pm 
Knows his stuff

Scott Rogers wrote:
JQ3x29yz4a wrote:

YEAH GODS! I still haven't seen hide nor hair of Hawkman and you guys are just "leaving them hangin'?"

stcardinal wrote:
we hit up all the stores in our area and nothing. Not even a trace of any DCSH product. Again, I hate you all.

one thing i noticed that the new product is not in the toy department. i had to find their Xmas set up to get the new figures so check the whole store or ask

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Scott Rogers wrote:
JQ3x29yz4a wrote:

stcardinal wrote:

did someone forget to eat their cocoa pebbles this moring? ;) :)

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:51 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

The Big Lots magic hit Phoenix today. I stopped at one on the way home and although nothing was put out yet I saw right into the stock room and on top of a pyramid of boxes were the coveted "Mattel" cases.

An employee opened the case that looked to be holding JLU and I snagged the (poorly painted) Hawkman. I didn't want to bug her to bring down more. I'll check that one and another tomorrow. Be nice to find Sand...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next