Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:52 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I will have some extra time in my schedule this week so I will let you all know

IF YOU NEED ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR PLEASE PM ME AND I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND IT FOR YOU. I am making NO PROMISES but I will do my best to share the new finds with as many as I can.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:48 pm 
Knows his stuff

Norman, OK:

deluxe Mattel Batman Figures as well as the two pack with Batman and Joker.

JLU packs: superwonderbat, Hawkman with red Rocket and reverse flash pack, Joker 3-pack and Super Family 3-pack. Darksied was there was some funky thing on as was superman etc.

no cyborg Superman however

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:22 am 
MINT!

I forgot to mention!!!

When I entered the Big Lot that had the new DC stuff, that old song that has the line "Superman and Green Lantern ain't got nbothing on me" was playing on the store's sound system. I thought to myself as I made my way past the Halloween decorations "THis is either a good omen or bitter irony." And, for a change it was a good omen!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:56 am 
Hat Pooper

Yesterday at a local Big Lots, I picked up Black Canary/Joker/Batman & Hawkman/Justice Lord Flash/Rocket Red for $9 each. They also had the new Super Friends line, they had a ton of Batmans, Supermans & Flashes.

No Cyborg Superman. They still had about 3 or 4 more of the 3 packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:50 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

So, I'm guessing it was just a fluke that someone found the Sand 3-Pack at Big Lots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:01 am 
ABS

No Cyborg Superman at my local Big Lots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:55 am 
MINT!

kastor417 wrote:
one thing i noticed that the new product is not in the toy department. i had to find their Xmas set up to get the new figures so check the whole store or ask

Is this true for everyone that is finding these figures at Big Lots? Are they being found in places other than the toy section?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:15 am 
Joint Unfreezer

I found them right there in the toy section, which has never looked better!

One of the Big Lots I went to had them in a differen aisle than the Batman figures though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 am 
Hat Pooper

I found them in 2 different locations in the toy section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:10 am 
Knows his stuff

All of the stores around here have them in the Toy Section or very nearby to the toy section. It looks like each store received 3 cases of DCSH, a good amount of JLU 3-packs, and a ton of Superfriends, Batman/Joker 2-packs, and Batman comic line deluxe figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:34 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

My store isn't lucky enough to have a "toy section" anymore. After a revamp a few years ago, now there are little islands of tiny aisles, and so the toys are scattered all around the store. Some up front on one section/island of aisles, while more are over to the right on another island. The boys superhero stuff has been in a long row right up next to the front door. The rest of the toys -- the yucky stuff -- are in a row in the back. It's made shopping for toys at Big Lots very confusing.

(BTW -- no new figures here at the BG, KY Big Lots yet)

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:09 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I found the Joker and Hawkman packs here in a BL in Atlanta. I got the only Hawkman and one of the three Joker sets. No sign of Cyborg Superman, but I did see the Superfriends figures for the first time in person (haven't been in too many toy stores lately.)

Added: Saw two of the variant light colored Hawkman packs at BL on Sandy Plains, along with lots of Joker packs.

Last edited by Chris Appel on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:12 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I checked another Phoenix BL today and they didn't get anything. I even got a full tour of the stock room. They had got their truck yesterday but not a Mattel box in site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:05 pm 
Santos L. Halper

YAY! After months of nothing...I FINALLY found new toys...AT BIG LOTS....I am as stunned as everyone else...The BIG LOTS I went to is on John Young Parkway in Orlando and they had a FEW Hawkman and Joker packs...but I was thrilled to also find BARDA AND DEADSHOT!!! No, Sand, Volcana or Obsidion which I am still missing. I also snagged one Cyborg Superman for a friend...

I still keep scratching my head...BIG LOTS!!?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Apparently Big Lots must have thrown a lot of money at Mattel. Only thing I can think of. They are redoing the store near my house, and have devoted an entire 10 foot aisle to what is called Boys Action Toys. I actually got to see the planner since they're in mid reset. Kinda cool actually lol. At any rate, half the aisle is for the GI Joe knockoffs they sell, and the other half is for DC product. So they must have some kind of commitment to give Mattel a certain amount of space. And I don't think they'd have put this much effort into it if they didn't have some type of guarantee on the space. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next