Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 am 
Collector Inspector

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
Maniac Joker wrote:
God get off the Hal Jordan crap already. Seriously guys. Fight for something else.

No.

Yes, for God's sake stop with the Hal. He is not the best Lantern out there. Never has been never will be. Probably the reason why he wasn't in the show. Hell all the Justice League Detroit characters had more appearances in the show then he did. And who did his voice none other then Adam Baldwin?! Just like Hal is not the best Green Lantern he is not the best Baldwin. I'd rather have a Composite Superman figure then a Hal figure. Give me a 3 pack of the 2 kids and the old lady from Patriot Act then Hal. Anything but Hal! I agree If he does come out he should come with a horse and a big green bat to beat it with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:10 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Hey don't tell us who to want and not want..we want Hal.....and ...and..and we we will hold our breath till we get him..............................................................................................................................................ok..turning blue..................................getting light headed...............................where did the lights go?..........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:35 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Maniac Joker wrote:
As for making anymore Lanterns, as much as I'd love them, everywhere I go it's ALWAYS the Lantern packs clogging up shelf space. Those things never sell. A repack of Batman, Superman and ANOTHER Batman would sell better.

Hate to agree, but I do. The only old figures hanging around at my Target are old Kyle/Katma 3-packs. At TRU, the Kilowog/Tomar Re packs were the only ones to survive Xmas, and they hung on until just a month or two ago. The only way I'd see another Lantern pack sell through quickly is if Hal actually is a part of it.

Speaking of...

Maniac Joker wrote:
God get off the Hal Jordan crap already.... Hal Jordan seems like such a dead horse to beat on. If they ever do make him, that should be his accessory.

:lol:
TOOO funny, too true! Even if he should to be made -- and I DO think he probably should, especially now they have the master license -- Hal's becoming a joke due to people's anger and overreactions. Mention Hal now and I don't think of the character; I think of raging fanboys. So the toy situation is like H.E.A.T. all over again, only a lot less amusing (and really, H.E.A.T. was never amusing to begin with).

Besides, how fun would it be to own a Hal Jordan with a dead horse accessory? It'd give the H.E.A.T. members conniptions. I'd vote for it for that alone.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:08 am 
PVC

Yes, they should make a Hal Jordan....No, They should not re-release the JLU snoog action Hal... Leave that for the kiss-ups. Let OUR Hal be from the new DC Animated line and show hal in his current uniform.

Face it, HAL is the ANIMATED GL AGAIN!! He is the GL on THE BATMAN, He is the FOCUS in the upcoming New Frontier movie ( which will probably garner us a Hal figure) ......John Stewarts days as the animated flag bearer are OVER....So, Mattel should go into the new animated line with a realistic and current line-up.

Let's face it If Hal is made he WILL sell, even to the cry babies that say they do not want him will buy him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:24 am 
I'm excited that we're getting him in "The Batman"! My one problem with JL/JLU was that (beyond some really bad writing in JL season 1) we got Hawkgirl & John Stewart as "founding members", ONLY because of forced "diversity". It really didn't make sense because we met KyleRayner FIRST in DCAU continuity! At least we were made to understand it later. We just as easily could have had Black Lightning & Zatanna, Black Canary, or any other prominent female. It just seemed forced, but they made it work well once they got through most of JL season 1, which was pretty bad: pansy, line-faced Superman, weak Injustice Gang line-ups, ect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:36 am 
Bob Vila

The funny thing about the SDCC panel is that, when he was brought up, the panelists seemed dumbfounded about the demand for the character, with little idea about the controversy. Anyone else have this impression?

And yes, God, not another GL 3-pack.

But let's get a few things strait here. John Stewart was chosen as the JLU GL to add diversity to the roster. And there's nothing wrong with that; Hawkgirl was chosen for the same reason. It had nothing to do with his "quality" as a character or a Green Lantern (or Kyle Raynor's, for that matter).

And the Hal embargo was not a rights issue, as with the Question, ect. DC owns Green Lantern, just the same as they do Batman, the Flash, and the rest. So the opening up of the license really doesn't affect his situation at all. So all this arguing remains sorta pointless. Sorry Hal fans! I want one too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:46 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Hal is my favorite GL, so for that reason, I want one! I customized one for myself, with help from Glassman (head sculpt) and it's a nice fill in, but I'd much prefer one from Mattel.

I have no problem with other GL's, but Hal is my favorite. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:07 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Guys - Hal Jordan is NOT going to be released in this line. Period.

I want it to happen, I think it would be awesome. But WB, DC and Mattel have made it very clear it is NOT HAPPENING, despite the polls and petitions and fan outcry. It sucks, but that's the truth.

Everytime these Hal Jordan threads come up, it turns very ugly. It doesn't need to be this way. I will keep this thread open for now, but please remember to be respectful of your fellow posters. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:08 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Lord, here we go. Yet again the Hal haters trying to turn it into a "My Dad can beat up your Dad" thread.

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
He is not the best Lantern out there. Never has been never will be.

Factually incorrect. He has been historically referred to as such. I'm sorry that he's not "your" Green Lantern whether it's because you grew up with Kyle or with John in the cartoon or you're a hardcore Alan Scott fan or you've got a thing for Apros or Leezle Pon or Tomar-Tu. The fact is, Hal Jordan will always be the Green Lantern that most people know. If you feel threatened by his popularity, that's your problem.

As for Hal never being part of this line -- yes, what's keeping him out of the line is "set in stone" -- and it's also reversable by the right people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:15 am 
Bob Vila

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
The fact is, Hal Jordan will always be the Green Lantern that most people know.

Just to back that up, I've heard Dan DiDio state this as one of the main reasons Hal was brought back as GL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:24 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Guys - everyone's favorite GL, or character for that matter, is "The Best". Hal, Kyle, John, Alan, Guy, G'nort, they're all the best. Just leave it at that. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:28 am 
4" scale

I would like a new GL 3pk, whether or not Hal Jordan is in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:14 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Well getting back to the original point, I'd love any Green Lantern 3-pack, but they might actually just sit there like the Kyle 3-pack does -- even though the first 3-pack did very well according to Mattel.

I'd say another GL 3-pack has not only "exclusive" but also "limited run" written all over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I'm no Hal Jordan fanatic, but I understand some are. It's really a matter of preference, and I respect that. Personally, I'd love to see them put out a three pack that included Salaak (come on, how cool would a four armed Green Lantern be), Hal Jordan, and Alan Scott. I am realistic though, and knowing the reasons he's been denied before, I doubt we'll ever see him. I hope I'm wrong, but sadly I don't see it happening.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:35 am 
Maniac Joker wrote:
God get off the Hal Jordan crap already. Seriously guys. Fight for something else.

As for making anymore Lanterns, as much as I'd love them, everywhere I go it's ALWAYS the Lantern packs clogging up shelf space. Those things never sell. A repack of Batman, Superman and ANOTHER Batman would sell better.

Hal Jordan seems like such a dead horse to beat on. If they ever do make him, that should be his accessory.

It's nothing huge for me, but I'd definitely like to see Hal Jordan made in a 3-pack with some other GL's. Abin Sur would be a great addition to a possible 3-pack, along with, perhaps, Guy Gardner, Salaak, or Arisia.

I would like to see the Thanagarians made, but I don't know if there's much demand for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next