Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 pm 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
SDcomics wrote:
(I was told that Bruce Timm was doing Turn Around drawings for certain characters that never appeared on the show. This is at the request of Mattel's design team. No, the JLU line is not dead.)


Great to see you back posting, Mike. :D

That's big news right there. Whom told it to you?

I'd love to make it my sig, but I'm so damn depressed I've gotta keep the quote I have. However, as soon as I get a new g/f that's going in there until the fall Toy Fair rolls around. ;)

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:47 pm 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
I expect to see Hal in the Superfriends line pretty soon.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:12 am 
Bob Vila
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2451
Location: Bethlehem, PA
texgnome1 wrote:
Sorry, but I believe Blue Devil had more screen time. So at best it's a tie. ;)


Read my post again. The point I was making is that speaking trumps screen time. They had to cast an actor and pay him to voice Hal Jordan. I would even argue that he's more "important" than Atom Smasher, since I don't believe he ever speaks (though I might be wrong about that).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:03 am 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 913
SDcomics wrote:
>>A JLU Hal Jordan will be made. Count on it!<<

Not anytime soon, I'm afraid. The word we got at SDCC is not to include Hal or Lobo in any polls. They're not part of Mattel's new agreement with DC. There is hope for the other previously "off limits" characters, however. We can petition for Captain Marvel, Captain Atom and the Question.


That's odd. So Hal is NOT part of Mattel's new agreement for JLU specifically? Because he's part of something as he's in an upcoming THE Batman assortment and those Fighting Figure thingys... Seems to me he's clearly been okayed for at least some of their lines...

EDIT: From Newsarama's WWC Coverage http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124797 :

Quote:
- Will Mattel have more Green Lanterns like Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner? Yes. "And maybe more. There are a lot of Green Lantern Corps members out there."


Again, gotta question the Hal being off limits idea.


SDcomics wrote:
>>I read it as "no plans for Hal" because there are "no plans for JLU period."

Not encouraging but I don't see any signs to the contrary.<<


Well, except for what was said at Mattel's and DC's SDCC panel (And I believe you were sitting right there when the announcement was made). The JLU line will continue. In fact, because of the new agreement with DC, Mattel can now include characters in the line who never appeared on the show.


I was there. And what I heard was that some of the design team would LIKE the line to continue and they're exploring HOW to make that happend and IF it can indeed happen. But I did not get any sense that there were any sort of concrete plans in place or that upper management was pushing JLU anywhere near as strongly as they are DCUC, Superfriends of even those fighting figure thingys...

Spy

_________________
Image
Custom Action Figure Accessories
http://www.spymonkeycreations.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:14 am 
...Wave 2 DC Classics looks pretty nice... I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with! The variants thing is weird... I hope for the "classic" fans' sake that they can get them easily. Too bad about poor Hal... Especially since he's in the Batman line! I want a "Superboy-Prime" figure!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:31 am 
Bob Vila
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2451
Location: Bethlehem, PA
SpyMagician wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
>>I read it as "no plans for Hal" because there are "no plans for JLU period."

Not encouraging but I don't see any signs to the contrary.<<


Well, except for what was said at Mattel's and DC's SDCC panel (And I believe you were sitting right there when the announcement was made). The JLU line will continue. In fact, because of the new agreement with DC, Mattel can now include characters in the line who never appeared on the show.


I was there. And what I heard was that some of the design team would LIKE the line to continue and they're exploring HOW to make that happend and IF it can indeed happen. But I did not get any sense that there were any sort of concrete plans in place or that upper management was pushing JLU anywhere near as strongly as they are DCUC, Superfriends of even those fighting figure thingys...

Spy


I was there too, and I really don't see how you could walk out of that panel feeling that JLU might end. They even had a slide specifically stating to be patient, that our most requested characters were on the way. the fact that they are doing a new JLU exclusive box set alone indicates that the line is not dead; neither Mattel nor Target would go to the trouble to support a toy line that is DOA. Moreover, Toy Guru has explained that they didn't have new figures to display because the new license has allowed them to change their plans. IT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD THING THEY DIDN'T HAVE NEW FIGURES TO SHOW, EVERYBODY! REALLY!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:25 am 
User avatar
An Insider
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Well, new word from WWC says no Hal. Its on the front page. I guess we'll have to keep customizing and hope we can one day get a cast of the head. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am 
User avatar
Variant Head
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2101
Location: Brazil
Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Well, new word from WWC says no Hal. Its on the front page. I guess we'll have to keep customizing and hope we can one day get a cast of the head. :(




:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am 
User avatar
Dog Squeezer
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 913
Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Well, new word from WWC says no Hal. Its on the front page. I guess we'll have to keep customizing and hope we can one day get a cast of the head. :(


Hmm, interesting.

Maybe with the appearance of Hal on THE Batman, we've got a situation where WB doesn't want to "confuse" consumers/viewers with multiple versions.

Sorta like the "no bat family" on JLU as it would conflict with THE Batman.

I think it's all rather silly, but it would be consistent with past policy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:34 am 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
Well, I'm not all that sad about Hal. I just can't wait to see what else is coming for JLU.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:52 pm 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
SDcomics wrote:
(I was told that Bruce Timm was doing Turn Around drawings for certain characters that never appeared on the show. This is at the request of Mattel's design team. No, the JLU line is not dead.)

Okay, how come no one is fixating on this tidbit but is instead saying how Mattel has done JLU dirty?

_________________
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10670
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
hellpop wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:
Sorry, but I believe Blue Devil had more screen time. So at best it's a tie. ;)


Read my post again. The point I was making is that speaking trumps screen time. They had to cast an actor and pay him to voice Hal Jordan. I would even argue that he's more "important" than Atom Smasher, since I don't believe he ever speaks (though I might be wrong about that).


If I remember the story correctly, the actor voicing Hal was the same one voicing Chronos, he wasn't being paid extra to be Hal unlike Kevin Smith who voiced him for Duck Dodgers (what happened to *that* line?... I was wanting those!).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:04 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10670
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
MoMoney wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
(I was told that Bruce Timm was doing Turn Around drawings for certain characters that never appeared on the show. This is at the request of Mattel's design team. No, the JLU line is not dead.)

Okay, how come no one is fixating on this tidbit but is instead saying how Mattel has done JLU dirty?


Not sure how you mean that MoMoney, we've gotten over 70 distinct characters (so far) in what became a budget line that's lasted for 4 years or so from a basic cable cartoon (that even the network airing it chose to ignore) that's been off the air for a year now... The fact that this line is still around (especially with all of the blunders made by all of the corporate entities involved (I mean WB and DC as well as Mattel and the retailers) is nothing short of amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:08 pm 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
Jim_Abell wrote:
MoMoney wrote:
SDcomics wrote:
(I was told that Bruce Timm was doing Turn Around drawings for certain characters that never appeared on the show. This is at the request of Mattel's design team. No, the JLU line is not dead.)

Okay, how come no one is fixating on this tidbit but is instead saying how Mattel has done JLU dirty?


Not sure how you mean that MoMoney, we've gotten over 70 distinct characters (so far) in a budget line that's lasted for 4 years or so from a basic cable cartoon (that even the network airing it chose to ignore) that's been off the air for a year now... The fact that this line is still around (especially with all of the blunders made by all of the corporate entities involved (I mean WB and DC as well as Mattel) is nothing short of amazing.

Alright, Jim, let me rephrase.

SD is saying that he's heard that Mattel has Bruce Timm doing turnarounds for non-JLU characters.

We've been hearing since SDCC that the line is not going to be canceled and will be around "as long as we keep buying it."

Yet everyone is still crying foul on Mattel.

I am more than satisfied with JLU as it stands right now. Anyone else I get from the line is an added bonus, believe me. It just amazes me how people are willing to drone on and on about how they were wronged by a TOY COMPANY instead of actually reading what said company has to say.

_________________
Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:16 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10670
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
I apologize, Mo, I completely mis-read your post (several times, actually) and thought you were complaining instead of making a point about the complainers... My vacation starts next weekend and I *NEED* it...

Sorry, again!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: