Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Which GL do you want to see?
GL Alan Scott 23%  23%  [ 25 ]
GL Guy Gardner 14%  14%  [ 15 ]
GL Kyle Rayner 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
GL John Stewart 18%  18%  [ 20 ]
Jade 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Kilowog 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
Arisia 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Guy Gardner leather jacket/yellow ring 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
G'nort 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 109
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:19 am 
Joint Unfreezer

For years I've been asking DC Direct for a Build-A-Corps figure -- basically a Hal Jordan in standard, classic Corps uniform with interchangeable alien heads, hands and feet. This seems more up Mattel's alley though -- I'll post a thread with examples later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:02 am 
Dog Squeezer

JQ3x29yz4a wrote:
For years I've been asking DC Direct for a Build-A-Corps figure -- basically a Hal Jordan in standard, classic Corps uniform with interchangeable alien heads, hands and feet. This seems more up Mattel's alley though -- I'll post a thread with examples later!

YES.

That is exactly what DCD should have done with that GL Sinestro! (just make the head removable at the collar).

You can easily do Hal, Tomar Re, Arkkis Chummuck, John and lot's of other alien GLs this way.

Now the argument might be made that you would not be able to sell those guys later.

But to that I'd say you'd sell 4 or 5 Hals right off the bat NOW (folks would want to display all the versions) and that in most cases the more obscure Lanterns would not sell that well singly anyway.

I'd love to see a ton of heads packed in with Hal, but honestly even 1 or 2 spare swappable heads would be great.

Hope Mattel is considering this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:13 am 
Prototype

SpyMagician wrote:
JQ3x29yz4a wrote:

YES.

That is exactly what DCD should have done with that GL Sinestro! (just make the head removable at the collar).

You can easily do Hal, Tomar Re, Arkkis Chummuck, John and lot's of other alien GLs this way.

Now the argument might be made that you would not be able to sell those guys later.

But to that I'd say you'd sell 4 or 5 Hals right off the bat NOW (folks would want to display all the versions) and that in most cases the more obscure Lanterns would not sell that well singly anyway.

I'd love to see a ton of heads packed in with Hal, but honestly even 1 or 2 spare swappable heads would be great.

Hope Mattel is considering this!

What a great idea! I actually never thought of that. You guys are always thinking. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 am 
ABS

I wouldn't mind that at all!!!!! DCD practically did that with Hal, Tomar and John. But from a business standpoint, it's a possible loss of revenue, so I understand if they don't do it.

And for the record, I don't want, say, Hal Jordan with a chase John Stewart or Kyle Rayner. If you do the chase deal, use the same character! Grr!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:31 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Where's the option for "ALL?"

Sheesh, Ryan...get on the ball! :P

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:26 am 
Joint Unfreezer

alterclark wrote:
I wouldn't mind that at all!!!!! DCD practically did that with Hal, Tomar and John. But from a business standpoint, it's a possible loss of revenue, so I understand if they don't do it.

Well the point would be to make it a Corps builder, not to put out all the marketeable characters all in one. It would be alien heads, hands, feet etc. -- all the guys you see in the background but might not sell on their own. Casual buyers would have a Classic Hal Jordan with extras, while die hards could buy as many as they want to make each seperate GL.

I'll post an example later in a seperate thread -- promise :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:33 am 
Dog Squeezer

alterclark wrote:
But from a business standpoint, it's a possible loss of revenue, so I understand if they don't do it.

I actually think it's a gain in revenue.

Rather than holding out in the hopes you can sell those characters down the line, if you pair swappable parts of less marketable obscure characters with the more popular (Hal, John) you'll in face sell MORE figures.

Exactly as JQ3x29yz4a says:

"Casual buyers would have a Classic Hal Jordan with extras, while die hards could buy as many as they want to make each seperate GL. "

Brilliant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:16 pm 
PVC

Hal Jordan all the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:19 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

SpyMagician wrote:
alterclark wrote:
But from a business standpoint, it's a possible loss of revenue, so I understand if they don't do it.

I actually think it's a gain in revenue.

Rather than holding out in the hopes you can sell those characters down the line, if you pair swappable parts of less marketable obscure characters with the more popular (Hal, John) you'll in face sell MORE figures.

Exactly as JQ3x29yz4a says:

"Casual buyers would have a Classic Hal Jordan with extras, while die hards could buy as many as they want to make each seperate GL. "

Brilliant.

See, that would be a great idea *except* for the BAF concept. If we were getting cases that were being packed heavier with Hals (or whoever) with extra pieces, that would be fine, but doing that with a relatively even packed case would make Hal an immediate sell-through with the die-hards leaving the "regular" collectors missing both Hal and whatever BAF piece he was packed with. Granted, there would be plenty of extras on that BAF part floating around (along with the extra hands/feet/heads) but it would still leave a void with the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:31 pm 
Dog Squeezer

But no build a figure wave will ever sell evenly.

Consider HML 2. THOR sells much faster than all the rest.

There's no way you can really guaranteed equal availability when BAF is involved and to NOT add value simply to make a figure sell less so as to no outsell the others is ill advised, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:59 pm 
Prototype

alterclark wrote:

And for the record, I don't want, say, Hal Jordan with a chase John Stewart or Kyle Rayner. If you do the chase deal, use the same character! Grr!

Oh, I'm with you on that. That would make me so mad. I doubt they'll do it like that though. Hal, Kyle and John are completely seperate characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 pm 
active in the community

The Superfly wrote:
They are listening! :wink:

Indeed we are! -FH-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:18 am 
proverbial old fart

There has to be a Tomar-Re in the GL line. Next to Alan and Hal, he's been around the longest in DC history - and besides he's cool looking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:07 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Glenn2000 wrote:
There has to be a Tomar-Re in the GL line. Next to Alan and Hal, he's been around the longest in DC history - and besides he's cool looking!

Abin Sur?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:20 am 
proverbial old fart

yea, I suppose technically Abin Sur has been around longer, but he died and Tomar-Re was an active GL... :wink:

Frankly, if all the above had been an option I would have probably selected it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next