Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Sticky'd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:53 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'm all for Bats having the black trunks with blue highlights on the side as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:11 am 
Fugitive Dust

Hey Toyguru I dont want to sound off topic but is it possible to create an other Topic similar to this one but based on the JLU figures? maybe on the figures that had been released in the past and have some paiting problems? this is a nice way to produce old figures with new colours more accurate to the comicbook or the show. or paiting ideas for new figures that dont need any sculpture job
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:24 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

nightwing wrote:
The new aquaman should have bare upper arms and those armor shoulder pads right?

This was the only thing I could think of as well. I know it isn't a paint issue more then it is a arm replacement issue but I think if they change it to bare arms with shoulder pads (and the possible black eyes the current Aquaman has) then it will be a better representation of the modern aquaman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:58 am 
Damage Control

Another thing about Modern Red Tornado, is that he does not have stripes going down his arms or legs AT ALL. And ditto on the cape lining being yellow, not red.

Post subject: Re: Changes needed to paint on DCUC figures Wave 1 or 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:31 am 
MINT!

ToyGuru wrote:
Hey gang,

I've seen alot of emails flying around commenting about certain figures not having the right colors on boots/belts etc. (Aquaman among others)

If someone will please follow up this post with point by point what they feel the changes should be on figures in wave 1 and 2 (with comic images to back up comments) I will pass on to the designers to see if these changes are possible.

I just ask that people don't post the same comments twice. Keep it short and to the point please.

Thanks,

TG

Toy Guru,

You have just asked the cardinal question that no one is supposed to ask on an action figure site, we are all differnet ages and have differnet likes, where as myself, for example love the classic look but someone else may not and may not give you the correct info just so to get the figure done their way.

I know you want to involve us, the fan as much as possible but you will not get a solid answer to your question or you may get many different pics for the same figure.

I think your best bet is to allow one of the moderators who knows comics from modern age to classic age handle the descriprtions and pics for you. I think you will get faster and more accurate results this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 am 
MINT!

Philly-Phil wrote:
nightwing wrote:
The new aquaman should have bare upper arms and those armor shoulder pads right?

This was the only thing I could think of as well. I know it isn't a paint issue more then it is a arm replacement issue but I think if they change it to bare arms with shoulder pads (and the possible black eyes the current Aquaman has) then it will be a better representation of the modern aquaman.

okay, I have aquaman sword of atlantis #54, and on the cover he is wearing short sleeves and inside he is wearing no sleeves and he still has fins on his costume like all aquaman costumes, I would post pics but I do not know how to do this

Last edited by darkknight42 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:56 am 
MINT!

Kevenn wrote:
Another thing about Modern Red Tornado, is that he does not have stripes going down his arms or legs AT ALL. And ditto on the cape lining being yellow, not red.

wrong, I guess you didn't read Tornados Path in the new Justice League of America comics because yes, he does have stripes on his legs, Reddy has the one long yellow stripe that runs down the outside of his legs down to the yellow circles on his calves and they flow into one another so as to not see where they do connect. I would post pics but I do not know how.

and yeah the cape outside trim is yellow not red, Reddys costume changed to this yellow trim after the Tornado Path saga was over and Reddy was no longer human but again an android

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:00 pm 
MINT!

John Jones wrote:
Shouldn't one of Aquaman's hands be blue? :P

yes, but not this Aquaman that everyone is referring to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm 
Former King of Posts

DC has announced that the current run of Aquaman is cancelled. he will be appearing in the new Batman and the Outsiders comic. I've seen art might be by the new artist. Its on the cover of Previews.

www.diamondcomics.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'm onboard with the batman having black trunks with or without the blue hilights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 pm 
MINT!

superfriend wrote:
DC has announced that the current run of Aquaman is cancelled. he will be appearing in the new Batman and the Outsiders comic. I've seen art might be by the new artist. Its on the cover of Previews.

www.diamondcomics.com

okay, well maybe now they will think of somehow to bring back the true aquaman, I mean did they really think that this kid was going to take aquaman's place and most the time the art was not up to par and the storyline sucked

Last edited by darkknight42 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:15 pm 
serves the Otter

superfriend wrote:

www.diamondcomics.com
just checked it. he still has bare arms though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm 
Resin

My only concern with Aquaman at this point is whether or not the Classic version will have the proper triangle-shaped "A" on his belt, as opposed to the new, almost Omega-shaped "A" that seems to indicate the newer modern Aquaman...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

darkknight42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
Shouldn't one of Aquaman's hands be blue? :P

yes, but not this Aquaman that everyone is referring to

Yes, I was meaning that it would look better on the 'classic' one. :?

Like so: Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next