Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:34 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Thank you for this HEADS UP!

I walked into my TRU yesterday close to closing time after having been there on Thursday expecting to see the same that was there then, NOTHING.

so I casually strolled over to the action figure aisle, first stopping back at fisher price and Rescue Heroes. Nope, no DC Superfriends. What a surprise.

Then I head back to Lego and I see ...

The 2 new Batman Lego sets! Holy Denmark Batman! I now have my very own Lego Bane! Yay me!
Thank you for this HEADS UP!

I walked into my TRU yesterday close to closing time after having been there on Thursday expecting to see the same that was there then, NOTHING.

So I casually strolled over to the action figure aisle, first stopping back at fisher price and Rescue Heroes. Nope, no DC Superfriends. What a surprise.

Then I head back to Lego and I see ...

The 2 new Batman Lego sets! Holy Denmark Batman! I now have my very own Lego Bane! Yay me!

Kinda feeling a bit excited and trepidatious at the same time as I begin heading towards the action figures, fingers crossed but expecting disappointment.

I walk by Wrestling, Star Wars, and Transformers, delaying the inevitable I think. At least I got my new legos.
Turn the corner onto the "superhero" aisle and look over the Ben 10 pegs, Ninja turtles and power Rangers, take a deep breath and turn around...

...and there it was.
The Barda/Deadshot/Manhunter pack.
Wait, ...what... slowly I look up and down the aisle to see if anyone else is around...I reach out... touch the package...oh...my...GOD!...It's true. It's really there.

Not only have I never seen this pack ANYWHERE before, but here it is at TRU! I grab it and plop it down on my lego boxes and flip through the rest of the peg...

Trinity...Zatanna...Shining Knight...Obsidian...Trinity ...

Wait, back up, was that OBSIDIAN. Hell Yeah! Obsidian! That's 2 new 3packs in one day. I can't believe it.

But wait, where is Star Sapphire? Do I dare to dream for a trifecta???
I tore that aisle apart. Literally looked in and emptied out every one of the over head bins. Moved everysingle box on each shelf. Looked on every peg. Star Sapphire was nowhere to be seen.

Oh well, at least I got 2 out of three. I grabbed up my boxes and went back to wrestling "just in case" it was put there by mistake.

Just then a stock boy walked past and happened to ask "you find everything?" very casually. I decided to take him up on his "offer" and tell him that I couldn't find the one pack with Star Sapphire. "Sorry man, I just stocked that aisle this afternoon, I know for a fact that we don't have anymore."

Pretty much the answer I expected but it was unexpected that he would actually have taken the time to really listen and care about what I was asking about. That is another first for me at TRU.

So I head towards the checkout and start ringing up my toys when the stock boy comes runnin back over to me asking "hey, is this the box you were looking for? I saw it laying on the floor over by GI Joe" (sure, the one place i Dont' look). Wait, did a stock boy just go OUT OF HIS WAY to HELP a customer???

HELL YEAH!

So now i have 2 new lego boxes, the Bards 3 pack, the Obsidian 3 pack, and the Star Sapphire 3pack.

And on the way out I stopped by the customer service desk to drop a compliment card for the stock kid. I feel bad that I never actually got his name, but I made sure to point him out to the manager as I filled out the little card

A great day for me toy wise. SO again, THank You for the TRU tip.

I still need Blue Devil, Mr.Miracle, Fire & Ice, and Grundy but at least now I feel confident it won't be long.

On a final note, TRU told me that they are in the process of receiving their "holiday stock" and I should check back FREQUENTLY for shelf refreshes.

...i don't wanna grow up, I'm a TRU kid ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:42 am 
Factory Worker

Just to answer a few comments....

I was going to buy the Cassie Cain Batgirl and Two Face from DCSH but I don't collect that line. I had already amassed over $50.00 in purchases and didn't feel like tying up another $20.00 in purchases for something I don't collect. I figured that maybe some other collector might happen upon the figures and be as ecstatic as I was when I found the JLU figures I needed.

It's good to see that at least one person gained something from my reccommendation. I hope that other collectors benefit as well as I have from TRU.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:50 am 
Damage Control

MAN?!?!?!??!?!!! :evil:

Went there yesterday on a along my way of doing errands and saw nothing but a bunch of the small JLU STATUE packs.

Maybe next time. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:55 pm 
Hat Pooper

bnjmnrlyr, you are extremely lucky! I went to 2 Toys R' Us' today and found nothing as usualy. First one had Huntress, Atom, Batman 3 pack along with Trinity. Second One just had Aquaman, Dr. Light 3 pack. Why are these new JLU figures so hard to find!?

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:17 pm 
Prototype

My TRU only has Zatanna and Trinity packs. I saw one Huntress single there a couple weeks ago. Still no Joker or Hawkman packs there. Although, I did find Joker at Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

The TRU in times square mostly has Zatana packs, trinity and a few of the other more commons. I haven't seen Blue Devil yet, but I have noticed a few shades and single huntress's pop up there.

Staten Island is barren though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:39 am 
Hat Pooper

My TRU is starting to see new stuff. I picked up a Blue Devil a week. Yesterday I picked up a Cyborg Superman. They had the Superfriends Batmobile but no related action figures. Also there hasn't been any new 3-pack but they should be coming soon.

Now all I need to do is find a new job before Christmas and I can start shopping again in full force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:44 am 
MINT!

Just YESTERDAY my wife found Knightshadow Batman and Bane among the Supes and Bizarros at Toys R Us.

These are the FIRST we've seen at retail. I bought a Two-Face on eBay a month ago and I see the black Batgirls are getting cheaper on eBay now.

The 6" figures don't seem to have as many distribution problems as JLU, because except for Azreal (and black Batgirl, so far) I've found all the figures at retail EVENTUALLY. And Azreal isn't very expensive on eBay either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:14 am 
Hat Pooper

I just picked up the Deadshot/Big Barda/Martian Manhunter, Obsidian/Vigilante/Brainiac & Sand/Star Sapphire/Superman 3 packs at a local TRU. All caught up except for Blue Devil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:20 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

The only three I need to get are the Deadshot/Big Barda/Martian Manhunter 3 Pack, the Obsidian/Vigilante/Brainiac 3 Pack and Blue Devil.

If anyone sees these in a store and can pick them up for me I would be over the moon!!

(Living in the UK, I have to get my JLU figs off ebay, and these harder to find figures are really expensive on there, especially with the shipping cost.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:14 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Congrats on the finds! It gives hope to the rest of us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:59 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I too found these 3 3-pack at TRU last week.

For me, the thing that helped was asking at the desk and finding out when the their shipment comes in and when they have new product out on the floor. So now, around the time when I'm expecting a new wave of figures to hit, I can time my visit to that one particular morning. When I got there on Friday, the JLU aisle was stocked, and now all those 3 packs from the Deadshot/Star Sapphire/Sand/Obsidian/Barda wave are at my home. So I think I'd down to just needing Blue Devil. Kewl.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:45 pm 
Displays Backwards

Wow, I just finally found the Obsidian/Vigilante and Sand/Star Sapphire 3 packs at my local TRU (which currently looks like a federal disaster area) today...

I passed on Obsidian & Vigilante because the paint jobs were less than stellar, but maybe there is hope to find these after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:20 pm 
Hat Pooper

went to another toys r us today and once again found nothing. Also went to a Target and found nothing.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:24 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
My TRU sucks too,

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next