Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 pm 
shirtless hugger

My TRU has done me proud. Although there was nothing new in the JLU department, they have expanded peg-space for the line from one peg for the singles and one for the 3-packs, to 3 pegs for singles and 2 for the 3-packs. DCSH was without any pegs (? :? ) but was sitting on the shelf. However, there was Parasite, Mongul, Balck suit Supes, and a few other Super-variants newly stocked. Good toy run for me, I love Parasite. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:34 pm 
PVC

I went to my closest Toys R Us today, and I found no new JLU figures (the aisles looked like they were being restocked while I was there).

I did see something that made me smile: the parents of a four-year-old girl pulling out a trinity three-pack for her. She tightly hugged the pack and said, "Mommy, I'll play with Sup'man and Wonner Woman, an' you can play with Batman!"

From pegwarmer to heartwarmer. Take that, trinity haters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:01 pm 
Bob Vila

Arrakhat wrote:
My TRU has done me proud. Although there was nothing new in the JLU department, they have expanded peg-space for the line from one peg for the singles and one for the 3-packs, to 3 pegs for singles and 2 for the 3-packs. DCSH was without any pegs (? :? ) but was sitting on the shelf. However, there was Parasite, Mongul, Balck suit Supes, and a few other Super-variants newly stocked. Good toy run for me, I love Parasite. :)

I found a similar setup at a TRU tonight. I think (hope) that we'll be able to find the new packs there soon in pretty good quantity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:26 pm 
serves the Otter

JDC8 wrote:
I went to my closest Toys R Us today, and I found no new JLU figures (the aisles looked like they were being restocked while I was there).

I did see something that made me smile: the parents of a four-year-old girl pulling out a trinity three-pack for her. She tightly hugged the pack and said, "Mommy, I'll play with Sup'man and Wonner Woman, an' you can play with Batman!"

awww. Personally I like the pack. It's a great starter. Just overstocked is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:38 am 
Prototype

Christophe wrote:
JDC8 wrote:

awww. Personally I like the pack. It's a great starter. Just overstocked is all.

Yeah, that's very sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:28 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Man, I had a great day hitting TRUs yesterday... First stop my friend gets to the JLU stuff and starts digging and he pulls out three packs -- he got Vigilante/Obsidian and I got Deadshot/Barda and I got a Star Sapphire/Sand set for another friend. I was really surprised to find that Deadshots wrist guns and leg details were sculpted on! A couple hours later we hit the second TRU and, while there was no new JLU there, I did get the Knight Shadow Batman and Camo Bane. The next TRU was about an hour later and no new JLU there, either, but there was a shiny new Two-Face hanging on the front of the pegs! I'm still having trouble believing what a good toy run yesterday was, as of now, I'm down to needing 2 3-packs and 4 singles (I think) and 2 DCSH figures... Now to just get myself caught up on The Batman and Super Friends... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 am 
Collector Inspector

Christophe wrote:
JDC8 wrote:

And that is exactly the point of the pack, lure them in and then hook em
! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:32 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I got the Barda pack and Sand pack. Missing Blue Devil, Vigilante. and Volcana pack. If anyone in the Metro Atl area spots one, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:33 pm 
Factory Worker

I went back to the TRU that started this thread out and low and behold I found one Blue Devil that I really needed. Really nice paint job too.

TRU is my new favorite place to shop for JLU stuff.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:40 am 
Former King of Posts

Glad to read about your success. Brings me hope that others and maybe even I will find these some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:06 am 
Bob Vila

Jim_Abell wrote:
Man, I had a great day hitting TRUs yesterday... First stop my friend gets to the JLU stuff and starts digging and he pulls out three packs -- he got Vigilante/Obsidian and I got Deadshot/Barda and I got a Star Sapphire/Sand set for another friend. I was really surprised to find that Deadshots wrist guns and leg details were sculpted on! A couple hours later we hit the second TRU and, while there was no new JLU there, I did get the Knight Shadow Batman and Camo Bane. The next TRU was about an hour later and no new JLU there, either, but there was a shiny new Two-Face hanging on the front of the pegs! I'm still having trouble believing what a good toy run yesterday was, as of now, I'm down to needing 2 3-packs and 4 singles (I think) and 2 DCSH figures... Now to just get myself caught up on The Batman and Super Friends... :wink:

Isn't it funny how a day like that can make up for days and days and days (and days and days) of failure in this stupid hobby? Why can't it always be like this?!?!?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:20 am 
Loose, Missing Package

hellpop wrote:
Isn't it funny how a day like that can make up for days and days and days (and days and days) of failure in this stupid hobby? Why can't it always be like this?!?!?!?!

What makes it even more amazing is that I really stopped going on regualr toy runs a couple of years back when my last car first started acting up and Saturday was just one major league fluke. I've sort-of been keeping up with the help of friends who also collect this stuff because my work schedule doesn't really allow me the time to go out an hunt anymore, but Saturday was great because I actually found stuff on my own and got to help out some of the guys who've been helping me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:10 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

yeah I picked up a Two-face the other day, they also had batgirl and that redeco batman that looks pretty badass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:06 pm 
Resin

CHICAGO - WESTERN AVE - TOYS R US
A Barda Deadshot J'onn 3 pack today. I already had it so I passed. There was only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:29 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, My TRU has been given a bit of an overhaul in the layout recently and I have found it much better stocked lately (that sounds so grammatically wrong I almost am ashamed of typing it).

I picked up a Two-face yesterday but missed out on a Batgirl. They still had a camo Bane and 3 Knight SHadow Batman (which I know you all seem to like but it just doesn't work for me, something about the head bothers me.)

With the semi-recent find of Aquaman, GL, and Lex Superfriends, the Barda, Star Sapphire, and Obsidian JLU 3packs, and now Two-Face, I am beginning to love TRU and walking the new aisle layout reminds of the "Good Ole Days" of toy collecting and aisle walking.

Just when you think its time to pack it in they go and start making this stuff accessible again...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next