Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 am 
Joint Unfreezer

fball13z wrote:
DC Superfan wrote:
Just got back from Big Lots and they put out a ton of Mattel stuff including a crap load of just Sups,Bats,Flash. A bunch of new 3 packs and quite a few cases of DCSH. plus Joker 2 packs and a bunch of deluxe figures.

what 3 packs?

The Hawkman 3-pack,Joker,etc,etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:08 am 
Hat Pooper

I saw Lex and GL at a local K-Mart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:10 am 
Former King of Posts

I've seen Supes, Bats, and Flash at Target. I hope the distribution issues we have had with other lines do not affect this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:40 am 
Prototype

I've seen a ton of Batman and Supermans and an occassional Flash but no Green Lantern, Lex or Aquaman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:41 pm 
Knows his stuff

Well i think i finally cuaght up. i have them all except the deluxe Green Lantern, is he out yet? I found Aquaman at a TRU in MA on Sunday and i was surprised i got the Bat glider and ATV .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:06 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

With the exception of the Deluxe glider Batman I have all the ones I want so far.
I have the regular Batman (along with the 3 variants)
Aquaman
Green Lantern
Flash
Superman
Lex
The Batcycle w/Batman
Batmobile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm 
ABS

I think they may be in two waves myself, and I'll tell you why.

Most of my Walmarts have only had Supes Bats and Flash.

My local Kmart has only Gl and Lex nothing else. This is the only place I have ever seen Gl and Lex.

I have never seen Aquaman anywhere.

It is a strange distribution to say the least. But I have never seen anything besides Supes, Bats and Flash together at any one place.

Is it just me or can someone back me up on this.

Notoriety can be fun.

http://hallofjustice1.proboards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 pm 
3 3/4"

I collect JLU/DCSH and I love them, but am I crazy or does anyone else agree that these DC superfriends toys are way to FISHER PRICE-esque...People tease me about my figures, but these toys really are for 4 yr olds....am I crazy? Do you guys actually like these? Or are you all just buying since its something new and pretty available....just a question....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:58 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I like the toy designs, there pretty cool and fresh. I doubt I get all of them but I'm definitely into the classic colored/designed ones. They are just fun little toys, and that most of all is what I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

Darth_Ennis wrote:

My local Kmart has only Gl and Lex nothing else. This is the only place I have ever seen Gl and Lex.

It is a strange distribution to say the least. But I have never seen anything besides Supes, Bats and Flash together at any one place.

I would say you are right except i have seen sups and bats at kmart. bat variants and superman and aquaman at TRU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:32 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Darth_Ennis wrote:

I know that my Wal-Mart only got in Batman (all blue/gray), Superman and Flash (pack out of 3,2,1) and that seems to be the same mix that Big Lots is getting (at least the 7 I hit two weeks ago). Target's cases seem to have GL, Luthor and Batman -- didn't see a single Superman in the 3 Targets I've been in. Didn't check the pre-school section at the lone TRU that day so I'm not sure on Aquaman. The line is just now starting to hit so I wouldn't be too worried about any of them yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:07 am 

No, I do like the design/look of them and happily bought them...although I do wish they had ball-jointed shoulders, but I understand that these like Rescue Heroes & Spidey & Friends are made for small children. So less articulation is better/safer.

Here's what I've seen at each retailer so far...

TRU - only 3 Batman variants along with the vehicles - Batcycle/Space Cruiser/Batmobile & bat-ATV/batplane

Target - Batman/Superman/Flash & the vehicles - Batcycle/Space Cruiser/Batmobile

Wal-Mart - Batman/Superman/Flash/Green Lantern/Lex & the vehicles - Batcycle/Space Cruiser/Batmobile

Big Lots -- Batman/Superman/Flash

K-Mart - Batman/Superman/Flash/Green Lantern/Lex & the vehicles - Batcycle/Space Cruiser/Batmobile

Other than the tag for them at Wal-Mart I've yet to see the deluxe figures (Bats/Supes/GL) And I've not seen Aquaman at any mass retail stores. although TRU.com did have Aquaman in stock with Batman & Supes...That's how I got my Aquaman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 am 
Loose, Missing Package

PJ wrote:
Other than the tag for them at Wal-Mart I've yet to see the deluxe figures (Bats/Supes/GL) And I've not seen Aquaman at any mass retail stores. although TRU.com did have Aquaman in stock with Batman & Supes...That's how I got my Aquaman.

The Wal-Mart here got in about three cases of deluxe (just Batman and Superman) but they're still in the back with the many, many pallets of toys that came in for the resets unless they went out over the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:13 am 

Jim_Abell wrote:
PJ wrote:

The Wal-Mart here got in about three cases of deluxe (just Batman and Superman) but they're still in the back with the many, many pallets of toys that came in for the resets unless they went out over the weekend.

Is the deluxe Glider Batman any different from the single carded black & gray Batman? If the only difference is the glider I'll probably pass on it. Here's the single carded black & gray variant -

From what you remember is the deluxe any different? Maybe a darker gray or plain black bat logo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:14 am 
5" Scale

Again I will beg if I have too, if someone finds GL, Lex or Aquaman and will pick them up for me, i will be inyour debts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next