Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:35 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 465
If no media is permitted, are we going to have no pics of what is coming? Or will we get pics straight from Toy Guru? Or will there once again be nothing and we'll be told to wait until February?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:56 am 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
That's what I've been asking on this board for the last few weeks, and no one 'in the know' has said anything yet.

Which probably leads to the assumption we'll have to wait until February again.

All it takes is less than two minutes to post "We will have the first three waves (about 18 characters) on display at the fall Toy Fair in October along with a sample of the redesigned/rebranded packaging. No media is allowed, but we'll be sending promo shots to Wizard/Toyfare for an online reveal during the event."

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:22 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 465
Then come February we'll be told to wait until Comicon and then we begin this frustrating cycle all over again. I agree 100% that someone "in the Know" should be able to at least shed a little light on the situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:40 pm 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
bizzaro wrote:
Then come February we'll be told to wait until Comicon and then we begin this frustrating cycle all over again. I agree 100% that someone "in the Know" should be able to at least shed a little light on the situation.

Yeah. You would certainly think so. Why are they being so close mouthed?

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:58 pm 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 181
bizzaro wrote:
...someone "in the Know" should be able to at least shed a little light on the situation.

Definitely! The "MATTEL ANSWERS" thread doesn't contain too many answers, does it? Paging Toy Guru...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:18 pm 
User avatar
Daniel Pickett
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8260
Location: So Cal
Hold on everyone...

The Mattel team just went from SDCC straight to WWC. Then some of them traveld other places for other meetings after that. Today was Toy Guru's first day back in the office. I got a breif email from him this morning. He mentioned that as soon as there is news on JLU that he will share it.

There are a lot of irons in the fires at Mattel. Please be patient.

D.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:10 pm 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
Thank you, Daniel, for reminding us that we need to give the Mattel guys a little breathing space... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 pm 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
JuliusMarx wrote:
Today was Toy Guru's first day back in the office. I got a breif email from him this morning. He mentioned that as soon as there is news on JLU that he will share it.


This is all I was looking for. Just a small update as to what's going on.

Thanks Dan.

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:46 pm 
User avatar
Kool Moe Dee
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2496
I'm heading to the bathroom to take a whiz, just wanted you to know Chip.

:P

VC9k


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
ROTFL! Hilarious! :D

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:54 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1472
Be patient? Are you kidding me? We have nothing better to do than scan these boards day and night looking for toy news! We want news and we want it yesterday! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:57 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 457
Just to back up Dan, a Mattel toy designer at an SDCC AFI panel let it slip that they just received 3 new figures from their sculpt vendor. Of course, he could not tell us who the characters are. They have to get their paintjobs done, then multiple rounds of approval (Mattel upper management, DC, Warner Animation, etc.) before they can announce anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:18 am 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
BamBam wrote:
Just to back up Dan, a Mattel toy designer at an SDCC AFI panel let it slip that they just received 3 new figures from their sculpt vendor. Of course, he could not tell us who the characters are. They have to get their paintjobs done, then multiple rounds of approval (Mattel upper management, DC, Warner Animation, etc.) before they can announce anything.


I wish they'd say how many figures are planned for the next batch. They don't have to name names, just give a number. What is the harm in that? ;)

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 am 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 549
marillion wrote:
BamBam wrote:
Just to back up Dan, a Mattel toy designer at an SDCC AFI panel let it slip that they just received 3 new figures from their sculpt vendor. Of course, he could not tell us who the characters are. They have to get their paintjobs done, then multiple rounds of approval (Mattel upper management, DC, Warner Animation, etc.) before they can announce anything.


I wish they'd say how many figures are planned for the next batch. They don't have to name names, just give a number. What is the harm in that? ;)

Peace,

Chip


Im sure in one of the interviews he will let us know something. he has been very nice so far and i think some one will get some JLu info from him. But i know he has been busy and this will take some time, lots in the works right now

_________________
www.kastorskorner.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:37 am 
Grickle Grass Grower
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1494
I thought it was tough to be patient when I was still looking for Figs. It's even worse when you are caught up, cuz I gots nothin to do but check AFI 15 times a day! I'm glad something is in the works though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.045s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]