Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: JLU Batman & Solomon Grundy 2pk?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:47 am 
User avatar
Totally Ripped ABS!!!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 539
Click the link, then click more or the picture of Luthor and Superman and read the description. It seems that there may have been plans for a Grundy and Batman 2pk?

http://tinyurl.com/2ljcu2

From the website:


JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 PACK ASSORTMENT
Product#: B4968 | Released: 2003 | Ages: 4+

Product Description:
JUSTICE LEAGUE™ 2-PACK ASSORTMENT These action figures include a hero and a villain in pairs taken from the animated television series, The Justice League™. There are two packs in the assortment with Batman and Solomon Grundy as well as Superman and Lex Luthor. Cool styling and classic pairing, each figure comes with a unique accessory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:00 am 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
:?:

That is some interesting news. I wonder if anyone can supply more info.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:08 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Old JL branded stuff. That was the first promise of a Grundy, way back when the JL Lex/Supes 2-pack was released. It became the Night-Flight Bats/Supes 2-pack when the Grundy mold became 'lost'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:28 am 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
Oh yeah. I remember now - I think.

Wasn't there a big stink over the lost/misplaced mold?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:31 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Glenn2000 wrote:
Oh yeah. I remember now - I think.

Wasn't there a big stink over the lost/misplaced mold?


A big stink over a Mattel mis-step? Here, of all places??? Naaaah. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
KRaZeE wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:
Oh yeah. I remember now - I think.

Wasn't there a big stink over the lost/misplaced mold?


A big stink over a Mattel mis-step? Here, of all places??? Naaaah. :lol:


Actually, I think the stink was within Mattel because the Grundy sculpt disappeared when that assortment was cancelled. I think Grundy had to be re-sculpted for the SDCC/WWC release.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:26 am 
MINT!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 144
Jim_Abell wrote:
Actually, I think the stink was within Mattel because the Grundy sculpt disappeared when that assortment was cancelled. I think Grundy had to be re-sculpted for the SDCC/WWC release.




PPPfffftttt. Yeah, and the SDCC Hawkgirl/GL/Ray 3-pack "slipped through the cracks" as far as retail distribution and therefore had to be issued as a Con exclusive. "We're lucky they made it possible for us to get it AT ALL!" say many AFIers. Yeah, and aren't we lucky that gas is around $2.50 a gallon in many places for Labor Day weekend, when it was over $3.00 a gallon so recently?

I mean, no offense intended Jim, but... whew. The Mattel PR department must have a poster of you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:21 am 
User avatar
Editor Emeritus of SDCC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 23080
Location: San Diego, California
killer mothzilla wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
Actually, I think the stink was within Mattel because the Grundy sculpt disappeared when that assortment was cancelled. I think Grundy had to be re-sculpted for the SDCC/WWC release.




PPPfffftttt. Yeah, and the SDCC Hawkgirl/GL/Ray 3-pack "slipped through the cracks" as far as retail distribution and therefore had to be issued as a Con exclusive. "We're lucky they made it possible for us to get it AT ALL!" say many AFIers. Yeah, and aren't we lucky that gas is around $2.50 a gallon in many places for Labor Day weekend, when it was over $3.00 a gallon so recently?

I mean, no offense intended Jim, but... whew. The Mattel PR department must have a poster of you.


I paid ten bucks for that 3 pack. That's what I would have paid if I found it at retail. The overwhemling majority of the people on this board didn't pay much more.

Mike
(What is it, exactly, that you're bitching about?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10590
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
killer mothzilla wrote:
The Mattel PR department must have a poster of you.
Actually, we're all on that poster.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron