Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Albertsons, now selling new JLU singles, Ruuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:46 am 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

I have been to Target more times than probably most of their employees, and I swear to god, as the main displayer of JLU, there has been absolutely nothing for over 3 months now. Absolutely nothing, no new 3 packs, no singles, the only thing I have gotten recently is the Repaint Doomsday, which I got for free, becasue I forgot to take it outta the cart, and they never charged me, so that was lucky. However, I heard the rumors of Big Lots, these where true, I picked up Joker and Hawkman. Now I have been going to Albertsons, and have found they are selling the new JLU singles, I picked up a Shinning Knight just last night, so that was awesome, but I gotta wonder Mattel, where I do enjoy the chase of finding figures, whats with the total obscurity of stores selling the figures?? anyone??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:47 am 
Knows his stuff

Albertson's has always sold JLU. The ones near me had several of the blue-boxed 10" figures and motorcycles for the longest time, as well as singles (mostly the orange-carded Wonder Woman, Batman, Aztek, Waverider, etc) and 3-packs (orange cards again). They also have a very small selection of The Batman, TMNT, and even Transformers. This is not a new thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:34 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Albertson's signed a deal to carry toys under the Toys R Us banner a few years ago.

Not sure if that's still in place but that might be why they have newer items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:45 am 
Knows his stuff

That's strange...I have been at two Albertson's and found no toy aisles... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:37 am 
MINT!

In the mid-west it's the Jewel/Osco chain...right now it's mostly the Orange carded figures. Recently they went away from a really nice action figure display to something pretty awful. Before they had the JLU 10" inch figures, singles and 3-packs - now it's down to a peg inbetween shelf space located at your knees. Not sure why they did this, but seems like it's scaled back. Also, they started carrying the Kenner-mold Animated Batman two-packs and singles....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:14 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Celtics-Unlimited wrote:

Don't you just hate it when THAT happens???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:08 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

lance wrote:
Celtics-Unlimited wrote:

Don't you just hate it when THAT happens???

Really? Check near the baby stuff next time. Mine used to have the 3-packs but nothing now. But mine only has one small section off to the side of the diaper section, a few feet from the pacifiers. Even if they don't have JLU stuff I'm sure there are at least a few toys in each stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:29 pm 
my tummy itches

Thanks to this thread I started snooping Albertsons again. As a result I finally got most the latest singles (each one from different store no less lol), but no Blue Devil. I havnt checked Albertsons for maybe almost a year. Not since they clrearanced off the old JLU. They didnt appear as though they were gonna continue carrying at that time.
Im glad they are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:32 pm 
Knows his stuff

Finally checked my Albertson's directly across the street, and they don't have any JLU. They do have Star Wars, Transformers, The Batman, Fantastic Four 2, and even G.I. Joe Sigma Six figures, though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:27 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

That's where I picked up some of my valuable JLU figures. I found an Ultra-humanite there once. I also found a Vigilante there also.

On the Batman front, I found an unmasked Catwoman and a Card Attack Joker there.

I also found a new sculpt Supergirl there too. But it is a crapshoot since they don't regularly resupply their stock.