Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Clayface wave available online
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:37 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Superherotoys.com
Toyrocket.com
These stores still have these in stock so get then while they got them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Thanks for the info but I check all my DCSH in person before I buy since Mattel uses mentally challenged chimps to paint their figs! I'll wait for retail before I spend $25 on a figure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:08 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Be careful about ordering from Superherotoys.com, I've heard a bunch of horror stories about people being charged and never recieving the things they ordered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:23 pm 
Prototype

As much as I want those right now I'll wait a little bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:30 pm 
An Insider

yeah, those prices are steeeeeep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:56 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Considering the fact that the distrbution on DCSH has been shoddy at best, and the gas money it will cost driving to the stores to find the figures it's not tha bad of a deal. Later people will be kicking themselves for not ordering. Alot of people ordered because now they are both sold out. I have a bunch coming plus the cases I ordered from CSC. Thiis is a nice wave and love the sculpt on Clayface and Catwoman there for I bought tons of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:48 am 
Former King of Posts

How many is tons? More than 2 of each (one to take out and one to leave in package)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 am 
PVC

DC Superfan wrote:
Considering the fact that the distrbution on DCSH has been shoddy at best, and the gas money it will cost driving to the stores to find the figures it's not tha bad of a deal.

and
DC Superfan wrote:
So Far with just the 6 figures I bought its at about 600.00 and I am waiting for the other 3 to end.

Duuude... Dude... If you've got nearly a grand to blow (a reasonable estimate after your other three auctions) I suppose you must also own a helicopter, or a sherman tank, or something else that eats thousands of dollars worth of gas in the span of a month.

I, personally, don't have that kind of money. I'll take my chances with my $60-for-all-six-figures preorder at BBTS, or buy them on Amazon, or buy them from KBToys.com, or buy them from TRU.com, or from Toys R Us, or from Target, or from ANYWHERE that doesn't cost me $100 per mass-produced figure.

$100 is nuts, and $25 isn't much better. In two months, they'll be available for $10 each at retail. If I can't find them for that, I won't be buying them.

Remember, if you stop feeding the scalpers on eBay, they'll stop buying what you want, and you'll be able to find it at retail.

Post subject: to each their own...and the challenged chimp comment...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 am 
active in the community

to each their own, right? i mean, when i had a little more disposable income to use for my plastic love-addiction, i would be more willing to shell out up to $25 a pop for a $10 a pop mass-market fig. these days...uhmmmm...not so much. and sometimes, i'd just say the same thing as others might be echoing: i ain't feeding the alleged would-be ebay scalpers any more than i decide to. so, in the end, if you got the cash you wanna lay out for it, more power, do it! if not, then wait a spell...they'll show up. and, worse case scenario, you don't get to 'em this round, they'll be back for a future round...or at some local toy clearance bin a year from now...when you've long gotten over not being able to get 'em when you had the chance to. either way, it's all good.

and just another comment about ~Batman305's remark about the alleged mentally challenged chimps: i realize this may be a general whitty, humorous, non-threatening remark about how apparently poorly the figs are painted -- freedom of speech and opinion and all, i respect that...and please imagine this: the folks overseas that are doing this for a living do 1,000 of these figs a day. ONE DAY. i don't care if you're the master painter for www.perfectactionfigure.com, but you will frack up every now and again after the first 10,000...you're bound to get tired. anyone put in that position would be. i guarantee it. so, i just offer up the reminder of compassion and understanding: these manufacturing folks overseas get such a crappy rap from us collectors so many times about how shoddy the paint job is, how sucky the joints are, how messed up the sculpt turned out compared to the prototypes, how...well, you get the picture. all i'm saying is these are people too, and they bust their collective butts each day to churn out more plastic love to us than we could have ever dreamed of. now is truly a marvelous time to be a collector -- DC, marvel, whatever -- and it's all b/c the handful of manufacturing plants over there are doing the dirty work of bringing those figs to life thru mass production. we wouldn't be able to get them in such quantities -- not to mention at such reasonable prices -- if these supposed "mentally challenged chimps" weren't doing their job the way they're doing it.

i mean, can you even imagine if we made these figs in the states how much they'd cost? uhm...yeah. ~DC Superfan would be the only dude on the forum, along w/ a few others, who would be able to afford them, baby, and then it would be like shelling out $100+ a pop for a NOW $25 a pop mass-market fig.

AFR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:50 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Obviously I mean it to be funny, I understand what a pain it must be to paint all those figs, it just makes me wonder if there isn't someone at the end of the line inspecting the final product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:22 am 
Fugitive Dust

Well, if they aren't inspecting them to make sure they are free of brain cell-killing lead, I doubt they are inspecting for good paint applications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:58 pm 
Prototype

brebro wrote:
Well, if they aren't inspecting them to make sure they are free of brain cell-killing lead, I doubt they are inspecting for good paint applications.

Absolutely. These guys are just stuffing these toys in packages without giving them a glance. No wonder paint jobs aren't always perfect. Luckily, I'm not as picky as most about stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:09 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Clayface & Catwoman are back in stock at Toyrocket.com.... At Scalper prices though.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:33 pm 
ABS

This is why I'm out of trying to get DCSH. For all the scale issues with DCD, they at least made enough for everyone. I know...DCD is more of a direct market, and DCSH is mass, but blah I'm letting off steam.

When they restart as DCUC, I'm just ordering the sets. They all look good to me so far, unlike the 4th Bat wave---not into any of those except Clayface.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:37 am 
Prototype

I think I'll be ordering the cases to, especially with the build-a-figures.