Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:34 am 
Kool Moe Dee

my favorite graffiti I ever saw said:

ZOE IS A POOH BRAIN FART MOUT HEAD(sic)

like you said caped crusader, "art"

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:44 am 
The Last Word

Right, and the existence of boy bands renders all other musical expression devoid of artistic value. I honestly wonder what attracted some people to comic book superheroes in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

The point is that not all people who spray graffiti on walls are artists. Some are just vandals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:10 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Caped Crusader wrote:
Right, and the existence of boy bands renders all other musical expression devoid of artistic value. I honestly wonder what attracted some people to comic book superheroes in the first place.
I like cartoons.

I like murals too. They look really neat and beautiful. Graffiti on the side of the road that is just letters and swears and stuff is kind of annoying but they have some very beautiful murals in Boston. I like pictures of oceans and sunsets and stuff. That's very cool.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:14 am 
Kool Moe Dee

Just BECAUSE it's graffiti doesn't mean it has artistic value.

Living in Toronto I see graffiti everywhere and while there are talented people doing it, 90% of it is just vandalism.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:17 am 
shirtless hugger

Hey guys,
Why are we ruining such good news with such negativity? 6 months ago people would have been dying to hear this news! I have the Vig 3-pack but this makes me excited that i'll be able to get the Jim Lee huntress and Shade at retail! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 am 
Kool Moe Dee

I didn't realize there was any negativity, but off topic? For sure.

The best part Vigilante reappearing is that we are only about six months away from Volcana showing up again.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 am 
Fugitive Dust

Did you say you found a BTAS Catwoman? That's a pretty old figure to find. Did you mean a Catwoman figure from The Batman animated series? I head some of the "exclusive" SDCC ones showed up at a chain called "Value City" that is not in my region, but if they are also in Family Dollar I might have to go look for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:33 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

brebro wrote:
Did you say you found a BTAS Catwoman? That's a pretty old figure to find. Did you mean a Catwoman figure from The Batman animated series? I head some of the "exclusive" SDCC ones showed up at a chain called "Value City" that is not in my region, but if they are also in Family Dollar I might have to go look for one.

No, he's talking about the TNBA version of Catwoman. FD stores have had the orange striped version for about a year now and the "normal" black costume/blue face version has been showing up recently, too. $3 each carded like the silver Batgirl in this photo...

...the 2 pack paint jobs on Two-Face and Joker have been showing up in these, too. The checklist on the back lists Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl so we've been holding our breath that when they show up they'll all be in "normal" colors...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:50 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Oh, right, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I've seen some of those at Big Lots too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:26 pm 
my tummy itches

Lansing, MI Family Dollars had not a single yellow carded Vigilante or any JLU fig today. :-( !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm 
Knows his stuff

bat313 wrote:
Hey guys,
Why are we ruining such good news with such negativity? 6 months ago people would have been dying to hear this news! I have the Vig 3-pack but this makes me excited that i'll be able to get the Jim Lee huntress and Shade at retail! :-)

I hadn't thought of that. Darn it! Now you've given me hope. And in this hobby, hope is not good. Cause it usually leads to disappointment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

Caped Crusader wrote:
hellpop wrote:
Dammit, I have one within walking distance of my office, but I really hate that place (the last time I was there, they were selling eight cans of spray paint to two teenagers in front of me).

Yeah, I despise stores that let people buy what they want, too.

:?

Anyway, I'm stopping by Family Dollar this afternoon, anyway, to look for some $2 Tele-Viper army builders. I'll look around for new (old) JLU product while I'm there.

Like others have noted, selling spray paint to those under 18 is illegal in some cities, due to it being sniffed, and used for graffiti. That was his point.

You rather enjoy being snarky, and for no reason, it seems. Give it a rest, it's tiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:32 am 
Prototype

vancleef9000 wrote:
I didn't realize there was any negativity, but off topic? For sure.

The best part Vigilante reappearing is that we are only about six months away from Volcana showing up again.

VC9k

Yeah, I'm thinking Volcana might be a single.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:06 am 
The Last Word

vancleef9000 wrote:
Just BECAUSE it's graffiti doesn't mean it has artistic value.

Living in Toronto I see graffiti everywhere and while there are talented people doing it, 90% of it is just vandalism.

Well, it's not like Michelangelo began his career by painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, you know? Besides, I'm sure someone, somewhere considers Julian Beever's work to be "vandalism", as well. It's the blanket dismissal that I find puzzling.

geoffdude wrote:
Give it a rest

:lol:

Hilarious. :D

Hit a couple more dollar stores yesterday to see if I could help anyone out, but nothing out of the ordinary was on the pegs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next