Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:30 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
[Okay, so the robotic penguin variant has been scrapped and replaced with a mystery variant... Any guesses on who/what the other variant might be?... At this stage I would think it would only be a paint variant, could it possibly be a paint change on Penguin? I can't see variants on Orion or Etrigan, but then I don't know the characters that well. RT already has one variant, could he be getting a second?... Please, not Batman and definitely NOT Metamorpho...

Orion could come with a second 'angry' head. Super Powers version had a two faced head that spun around inside a helmet. DCDirect's version from years back had two different heads to represent his angry and calm moods.

Well, I'm thinking that whatever variant we're going to get will be just a paint change as it seems too late in the game for a newly sculpted head in wave 1. The only way I could see a head change in this time frame would be if they were to do an unmasked Batman with the existing Bruce head sculpt.

Ya know, as a kid I always loved the stories where Batman and Superman would change places to protect the other one (and that's one of the best episodes of S:TAS, too!) and would love to see something like that done down the line in DCUC. Along those lines, that DCD figure from Toy Fare of Superman disguised as Captain Marvel is something that I really wish that I had gotten...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm 
Jim_Abell wrote:
superfriend wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
[Okay, so the robotic penguin variant has been scrapped and replaced with a mystery variant... Any guesses on who/what the other variant might be?... At this stage I would think it would only be a paint variant, could it possibly be a paint change on Penguin? I can't see variants on Orion or Etrigan, but then I don't know the characters that well. RT already has one variant, could he be getting a second?... Please, not Batman and definitely NOT Metamorpho...

Orion could come with a second 'angry' head. Super Powers version had a two faced head that spun around inside a helmet. DCDirect's version from years back had two different heads to represent his angry and calm moods.

Well, I'm thinking that whatever variant we're going to get will be just a paint change as it seems too late in the game for a newly sculpted head in wave 1. The only way I could see a head change in this time frame would be if they were to do an unmasked Batman with the existing Bruce head sculpt.

Ya know, as a kid I always loved the stories where Batman and Superman would change places to protect the other one (and that's one of the best episodes of S:TAS, too!) and would love to see something like that done down the line in DCUC. Along those lines, that DCD figure from Toy Fare of Superman disguised as Captain Marvel is something that I really wish that I had gotten...

I really hope the variant turns out to be a balck-suited Batman...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I gotta tell you, seeing it up close at sdcc...that robotic penguin kicked serious ass! Maybe Mattel should release a 2 pack of penguins like we saw for the Batman Returns line!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:11 pm 
Knows his stuff

hehe...march of the penguins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:49 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Arrakhat wrote:
As for rereleasing older figures further down the line, who needs to be rereleased? I know Two-Face, both Batgirls, Clark Kent, Cyborg Superman, Supergirl II and others were all hard to find. Maybe an oppotunity for brown Man-bat will arise?

I would think they would follow the same formula they've been using for older figures. Store exclusive 2 packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:32 pm 
shirtless hugger

Y2Bogus wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
As for rereleasing older figures further down the line, who needs to be rereleased? I know Two-Face, both Batgirls, Clark Kent, Cyborg Superman, Supergirl II and others were all hard to find. Maybe an oppotunity for brown Man-bat will arise?

I would think they would follow the same formula they've been using for older figures. Store exclusive 2 packs.

What formula is that? I mean to say, what two-packs have we seen? There's the Batman/Robin TRU packs, but that's all I can think of. Not much of a pattern yet, so they could do something completely different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:10 pm 
serves the Otter

Arrakhat wrote:
Y2Bogus wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:

What formula is that? I mean to say, what two-packs have we seen? There's the Batman/Robin TRU packs, but that's all I can think of. Not much of a pattern yet, so they could do something completely different.
There's Batgirl/Batman, Bizarro/Superman, and Bizarro/Clark, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:35 am 
Knows his stuff

almost. it's superman/clark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:27 am 
Prototype

Christophe wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
Y2Bogus wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:

I think two packs would be a great way to get characters like Alfred, Gordon, Lois and Jimmy into the DCUC line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 am 
shirtless hugger

Christophe wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
Y2Bogus wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:

The purpose of those packs wasn't to get us older figures though, although Superman/Bizarro breaks that rule. Batman/Batgirl and Superman/Clark Kent were released to distribute new figures (Batgirl and Clark Kent), but I'm hoping for multipacks to get older figures out. Something like:

Superman
Supergirl II
Clark Kent
Brainiac
Darkseid
Cyborg Superman

Batman
Batgirl
Azrael
Two-Face
Man-Bat (brown)
Batgirl II or Mr Freeze (I'd personally want Freeze since I don't have him yet, but Batgirl II would be better for the fans having trouble finding her.)

No new figures would save collectors from having to rebuy to get one new figure out of six, and multipack format allows nearly all rare figures to be purchased in just two packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:56 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

ooops... wrong topic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:47 am 
serves the Otter

Tom-Tom wrote:
almost. it's superman/clark
sorry, mistype

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:51 am 
serves the Otter

Arrakhat wrote:
The purpose of those packs wasn't to get us older figures though
If you lived in the Philippines, it is. LOL. It's how I got my Superman. Late-bloomer much? Haha. Yeah, but I get what you mean now. Although if Supergirl (Kara) came out in a 2-pack down the line, I'd be dang pissed at the fact that she's the most expensive figure I bought. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:12 am 
Former King of Posts

The only solution to that "buyers remorse" syndrome is to set a price you are willing to pay, not go over it, and live without the product if it never gets below that. If it shows up later for less than you paid, you can still feel good that you got it for a price you considered to be fair.

I have a whole bunch of HeroClix missing from my sets because I am not willing to pay the cost for them on the secondary market. KC Superman for instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:02 am 
shirtless hugger

superfriend wrote:
The only solution to that "buyers remorse" syndrome is to set a price you are willing to pay, not go over it, and live without the product if it never gets below that. If it shows up later for less than you paid, you can still feel good that you got it for a price you considered to be fair.

I have a whole bunch of HeroClix missing from my sets because I am not willing to pay the cost for them on the secondary market. KC Superman for instance.

That's a really good idea. Heroclix prices suck, especially when some of your favorite characters are a freaking fortune. I don't know how I'm going to get an affordable Ultraman. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next