Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hal Jordan JLU figure question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

OK Ive been collecting toys for a long time ,and I guess I should know the answer to this , after reading the Mattel answers thread but what is up with the Hal Jordan thing , is the ONLY reason we as fans can't have a JLU figure of him because of the exclusive in house at Mattel Christmas gift of a few years back?

Last edited by weezeemule on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hal Jorden JLU figure question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:18 am 
Cold-cast

weezeemule wrote:
OK Ive been collecting toys for a long time ,and I guess I should know the answer to this , after reading the Mattel answers thread but what is up with the Hal Jorden thing , is the ONLY reason we as fans can't have a JLU figure of him because of the exclusive in house at Mattel Christmas gift of a few years back?

Yes. Apparently whatever deals were signed to get the Christmas Hal made prevent him from being released in the JLU line.

Post subject: just a random thought
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:52 am 
Tis' but a pup

We keep hearing there can be no Hal in a JLU line, well isnt the new line thats coming out going to be somthing other than JLU, like DC animated universe or somthing?

DC animated is not JLU...

So maybe he's coming after all. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:20 pm 
shirtless hugger

Sorry, but we've already been told that Hal is still off limits. I understand your line of thought though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

Oh No, here we go again! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm 
Collector Inspector

OH NO! NOT ANOTER ONE! :cry: first two topics I open today and there aboutHAL! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 pm 

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Oh No, here we go again! :cry:

no no I just really didnt know thats all

topic closed, thanks for the info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:53 pm 
Resin

Weezeemule, I used to have a poster of your avatar about 30 years ago. Great piece of artwork long before the days of Alex Ross.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:59 pm 

4-L.O.T.T. wrote:
Weezeemule, I used to have a poster of your avatar about 30 years ago. Great piece of artwork long before the days of Alex Ross.

thanks its a pretty rare piece , Ialso have the superman and Wonder Woman
the Batman and Supes were done my a guy Named Drew Struzan, ( the powers that be changed the head on Superman , but Stuzan today is just about the foemost Movie poster artist , he's done all the Indian Jones Movies Back to the Future , Harry Potter , any poster that looks almost real is probable his[url=http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ce2056f0fx8.jpg][img]h
here is a link to his movie posters
http://home.scarlet.be/~bliek/drew-posters.htmlImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:46 pm 
Prototype

With all the characters in the DC Animated Universe why is this Hal thing such a big deal? I mean I know he's a very important character in the DCU but life goes on and Mattel will bring us plenty of cool characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:41 pm 
Dog Squeezer

riddler2403 wrote:
With all the characters in the DC Animated Universe why is this Hal thing such a big deal? I mean I know he's a very important character in the DCU but life goes on and Mattel will bring us plenty of cool characters.

For the most part I think it's a case of when you can't have something, you want it more. The only reason I want Hal is because I'm a completist and my JLU version of the GLC has a huge hole in it just cause he is out there (even if in limited quantities)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:31 pm 
Collector Inspector

Uh oh...

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:13 pm 
Dog Squeezer

KRaZeE wrote:
Uh oh...

LOL :lol: Classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:03 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

mako wrote:
Yes. Apparently whatever deals were signed to get the Christmas Hal made prevent him from being released in the JLU line.

I'd like to say that from what I know there is no malicious intent on the part of anyone involved. They aren't "trying to keep him from us" -- it's just one of those things that happens, those involved apparently didn't realise how big a deal it would be, but they can't go back on their word/deals/agreements. That doesn't mean I agree with it, and I have spoken my mind about it where it counts :wink:

riddler2403 wrote:

Two reasons in my case. First, I'm a Hal Jordan fan and I was hoping to see him in the JLU line. Second, as a unique character, he should never have been made in such a small quantity. It should have been some sort of variant, not the only version of a character to ever be made. I would've been just as upset had it been Captain Marvel or Lobo, even though I'm not as big a fan of theirs.

Post subject: Posters - Avatar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:22 am 
Tis' but a pup

I have those Drew Struzan pieces as well. Actually they are a part of a series of posters produced in 1977 by a company called the "Thought Factory". In the series includes : Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Shazam (which is ultra rare), Captain America, Thor, Spiderman, and Hulk.
They are all really neat bronze age pieces. Sadly, Struzan only did Batman and Superman. From what I understand the Superman piece was done for Warner Bros as concept art for Superman I. The others were done by Ron Kriss, Garnett, Carroll, and I have yet to find out who did Shazam and WW. If anyone knows, please lend a hand.

I have all of these and will be happy to post photos or email pics to those interested.

Late

Double D