It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 am 
Loose, Missing Package

riddler2403 wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
superfriend wrote:
Except that Mattel has stated from the beginning that "Superfriends" is a young BOYS directed line. DC Classics YES, but I wouldn't hold my breath for one from the kiddie line.

I would think that they'd approached Rescue Heroes the same way and yet there were two female characters that I can remember (Wendy Waters and Ariel Flyer, there may have been more) and each of them had at least two different sculpts made and those seemed to sell...

I guarentee a Superfriends Wonder Woman figure would sell. I mean, who doesn't know who Wonder Woman is?

Well, I used to work with a girl who didn't know what Kryptonite was (prime demographic age for Smallville) and after spending 30 minutes trying to explain it to her I finally figured out that I was going to have to explain Superman, too, so I gave up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:18 am 
Former King of Posts

Hah.

My mother used to substitute teach. She had a degree in Chemistry which led to a stint filling in for a chem teacher out for maternity leave. she used to get so ticked at the kids who thought Krytonite was an actual element on the atomic chart. fyi "Krypton" is an element, one of the noble gases, atomic number 36. Kryptonite is only fictional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:25 pm 
An Insider

Didn't Dan post a recent article showing that Kryptonite has now been discovered based on its purported formula in Superman Returns? Its actually chalky white and I don't think it really affects Kryptonians as I feel just fine around it.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:00 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Well the 4h said they sculpted a WW for DCU so we will see her soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:01 pm 
categorically opposed

DC Superfan wrote:
Well the 4h said they sculpted a WW for DCU so we will see her soon.

No, they didn't. They said she's coming, but they didn't say that she'd been sculpted yet. They just finished the third wave, and they said she's not in the third wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:42 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Actually the did say she was sculpted, and that she was not the female in wave 3 but that we would see one in wave 3. I forgot you were there when the conversation took place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:35 pm 
categorically opposed

DC Superfan wrote:
Actually the did say she was sculpted, and that she was not the female in wave 3 but that we would see one in wave 3. I forgot you were there when the conversation took place.

I believe the quote from the conventions was that Diana was "coming." If they had just finished sculpting wave three - which Wonder Woman isn't in - how had they already sculpted her?

And no, I wasn't there for the conversation, but I've read all the posts about DCUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:19 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I remember a story going around that the 4H had sculpted three non- Batman/Superman related characters to show DC/WB in an attempt to get the full license well over a year ago. If that story is true I would think that Wonder Woman, a Green Lantern and The Flash would have been the three chosen, possibly Aquaman in place of GL or Flash, but WW would definitely be one of them. If that was the case that could be how Wonder Woman would be "finished" early at the Horsemen end of things. I know that we will never get a confirmation on what characters they are/were, but maybe we can get confirmation that the story is true.

Think I'll go post the question to Cornboy over at Fwoosh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:04 am 
categorically opposed

Jim_Abell wrote:
I remember a story going around that the 4H had sculpted three non- Batman/Superman related characters to show DC/WB in an attempt to get the full license well over a year ago. If that story is true I would think that Wonder Woman, a Green Lantern and The Flash would have been the three chosen, possibly Aquaman in place of GL or Flash, but WW would definitely be one of them. If that was the case that could be how Wonder Woman would be "finished" early at the Horsemen end of things. I know that we will never get a confirmation on what characters they are/were, but maybe we can get confirmation that the story is true.

Think I'll go post the question to Cornboy over at Fwoosh...

Cornboy has said that that isn't true, if memory serves.

And I think the story was that there were sketches, not actual sculpts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 am 
proverbial old fart

Just to throw a little gasoline on the fire, I'll mention that all three of my grand daughters have several of the Spidey & Friends figures, including Spidergirl.

Admittedly, they were influenced by their brothers and their grandfather, but the point is that as more of the action figure sales are actually driven by collectors, it would make sense that a good number of the old fart collectors like me have grand daughters and that many of you young whippersnapper collectors have daughters.

So saying, unless Mattel is run my a bunch of flaming buttholes, I think there is a good possibility that we will see WW in the Super Friends line. After all, look how quickly the JLU female figures fly off the shelf...