Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Where are the caped 10" JLU figures?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:33 am 
Joint Unfreezer

I seen an Aquaman and Wonder Woman figure on ebay once!! They were from a seller in Asia. I've only seen the 2 pack of (of course) Batman and Superman at TRU. I want a Wonder Woman with a cape but I don't know if she's going to be distributed or what. Anybody know? Anybody seen them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:37 am 
MINT!

Ive been asking myself the same question for a long time my friend...I guess theyre not out yet (are they even coming out?) :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:51 am 
Joint Unfreezer

I saw the 12" cloth caped Batman about 2 months ago along with the yellow Flash which I bought. Before that, I don't think I'd seen 12" JLUs since around the beginning of the year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:03 am 
Joint Unfreezer

A.J wrote:
Ive been asking myself the same question for a long time my friend...I guess theyre not out yet (are they even coming out?) :roll:

I seen Wonder Woman with a cape on ebay once and I thought they would be hitting the stores soon. THAT was about 7 months ago and still nothing!? I don't know?

PS A.J. I NEED a full page pic of your avatar!!!! It looks awesome!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:48 am 
An Insider

Never seen 'em. 10" JLU up and disappeared around these parts dang near the beginnin' of the year. C|8^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:09 pm 
I was lucky enough to buy two of the newest 10" Wonder Woman figures with the cloth cape. Yes, two!

I found one for sale from Asia sold loose about a month ago, and a second one more recently in the USA that is mint in the purple box!!

I paid a major premium for each - $20 for the loose; $50 for the MIB. But they are SO worth it to me! I would imagine that they will be on the shelves soon for the holiday resets. However the premium I paid offsets the cost of gas and time (not to mention frustration) while trying to track two of these down locally. They were very prominently displayed at the Mattel booth at SDCC and Wizard World, so I'm not sure why they are so hard to track down at mass retail.

If you love Wonder Woman collectibles, please sign-up for my mailing list at www.ExperienceTheWonder.com and be looking for the soft-launch of my site soon with high-resolution photos, turnarounds and packaging variations for all 4 versions of the Wonder Woman 10" figure as well as every other Wonder Woman collectible in my collection.

Thanks!

AntonyC, Curator
ExperienceTheWonder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:59 am 
Joint Unfreezer

It's already been done. Let me know if you need pics of other stuff. I'll contact you once I DON'T see something on your site that I might have.

E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:32 am 
Thanks so much for the offer! The uniqueness of my site is that I am only showcasing items I actually own, so if something is missing (and there are a few!) I'll just add them once I actually own them.

That way, I can take really high-resolution photos from all angles of my actual item, and write a personal review and description rather than using a stock photo or another collector's generous contribution. I am studio lighting every piece on a white infinity sweep background and they truly look like catalog shots - but the difference is they are bigger, clearer and entirely my own!

I am working feverishly every day and night to get the site to a point where I am comfortable releasing it. I do not want to have half of it up and then 50% "coming soon" - I'd rather just wait until a visitor can really dive in and spend some time looking around at everything - I assure you, you will be amazed!

Thanks to you and everyone else who has for siging up for the mailing list and please stay tuned...

AntonyC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:28 pm 
MINT!

wws1fan wrote:
A.J wrote:

I seen Wonder Woman with a cape on ebay once and I thought they would be hitting the stores soon. THAT was about 7 months ago and still nothing!? I don't know?

PS A.J. I NEED a full page pic of your avatar!!!! It looks awesome!!!!

Suuuure:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:22 pm 
my tummy itches

I know where there is 1 purple boxed Batman w/ cloth cape and a purple boxed HG. This same store (Mervyns) is the only place they exist for me and thats all there is other than 1 Lords Flash months ago. I once found a cloth caped bats at Target (on clearance?), and found Lords GL and Supes overseas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:51 pm 
PVC

I saw Aquaman with cloth cape today at K-Mart. I also a Justice Lords Superman. First time I've seen either of those figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:29 am 
Prototype

None of my local stores have the 10" figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:53 am 
I live in Richmond, VA and checked my local K-Mart yesterday. They only had three Yellow Box Green Arrows which have been there forever! The other 2 K-Marts in the area have no toy section to speak of so I'd be wasting the trip to check them.

While I was in my local K-mart, I did score a DC SuperFriends Lex Luthor!! That was the only one I still needed to complete the entire collection which will be a big Christmas gift for my 3.5 year old nephew who loves the SuperFriends!

But I digress, none of my Targets have had Purple Boxed 10" for months. Earlier this year I did see a few sprinkled in with the Yellow Boxes, but they went fast. Toys R Us only have the Giants of Justice 2-packs, but no other characters have been spotted.

I did, however, just score my third 10" Wonder Woman with the Cape in the Purple Box from a friend who lives in Puerto Rico. After buying my first one from him, I had asked that he keep an eye out for another one and he came through again! Hooray!! So far though, I've only heard reports of Wonder Woman being actually available in Brazil and Puerto Rico.

AntonyC, Curator
www.ExperienceTheWonder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:53 am 
I live in Richmond, VA and checked my local K-Mart yesterday. They only had three Yellow Box Green Arrows which have been there forever! The other 2 K-Marts in the area have no toy section to speak of so I'd be wasting the trip to check them.

While I was in my local K-mart, I did score a DC SuperFriends Lex Luthor!! That was the only one I still needed to complete the entire collection which will be a big Christmas gift for my 3.5 year old nephew who loves the SuperFriends!

But I digress, none of my Targets have had Purple Boxed 10" for months. Earlier this year I did see a few sprinkled in with the Yellow Boxes, but they went fast. Toys R Us only have the Giants of Justice 2-packs, but no other characters have been spotted.

I did, however, just score my third 10" Wonder Woman with the Cape in the Purple Box from a friend who lives in Puerto Rico. After buying my first one from him, I had asked that he keep an eye out for another one and he came through again! Hooray!! So far though, I've only heard reports of Wonder Woman being actually available in Brazil and Puerto Rico.

AntonyC, Curator
www.ExperienceTheWonder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I saw a purple boxed Batman with cape at my Kmart when I went in to use the $5 off Mattel purchase coupon and I saw Superman in purple box but he had plastic cape and also a shiny S shield version. There was an Aquaman there too, but I did not look at the cape since I was not looking for him.