Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 pm 
Wow! I did buy the entire DCSF line as a Christmas gift for my nephew. When (IF) the Wonder Woman feature film ever comes out I hope they do tons of merchandising like they do with the others you mentioned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:12 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

ExperienceTheWonder wrote:
When (IF) the Wonder Woman feature film ever comes out I hope they do tons of merchandising like they do with the others you mentioned!

Well, if the Justice League movie keeps chugging away there should be plenty of Wonder Woman merchandise associated with that. Toy Guru said in one of the Q&As that he couldn't discuss details but there would definately be figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:03 pm 
shirtless hugger

Whoopee! The missus and I went to our local K-Mart (45 minutes away), and found a caped Aquaman.

Now to wait for Wonder Woman, Hourman, Lord Batman, and Clear Martian Manhunter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:11 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I just received my second 10" Wonder Woman w/ Cape in the Purple Box from Puerto Rico! As promised, here are my preview-sized turnarounds including a close-up and packaging. Full-size versions will be available on www.ExperienceTheWonder.com after the official launch in a few weeks. Be sure to sign-up for the mailing list to be the first to know when the "experience" is live!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:35 am 
Joint Unfreezer

ExperienceTheWonder wrote:
Earlier this year when they were just introduced in the purple packaging, the only 10" figures I actually saw in my local stores have been Giants of Justice (Superman/Batman) 2-Pack, Reverse Flash, Justice Lord Superman, Batman w/ Cloth Cape, and Hawkgirl. Except for the 2-pack at Toys R Us, the others were there and gone within a month or so! Now...nothing.

And I've never seen (locally) any of the other characters that were released in one of the other three versions of the packaging - or the new Hourman, Aquaman w/ cloth cape or Wonder Woman w/ cloth cape.

Jim, I understand what you mean about paying a premium for the one you want! I'm spending $36 a piece to get the WW w/ Cape from Puerto Rico. But to me, it's totally worth it!

The Wonder Woman DOES look GREAT with a cape! Hope I get one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:09 am 
I vastly prefer the caped version to the original - they did a nice job on this figure and the paint applications are really clean like they were when the first version was released in 2003 in the dark blue box.

The paint apps that made it through production in the light blue (JLU) and yellow (DCSH/JLU) boxes were a bit sloppy comparitively. They seem to be keeping a good eye on QC the Purple Box release. Both of mine are absolutely perfect with no paint or production flaws!

Eric, I just replied to you PM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:02 am 
MINT!

The caped WW actually looks nice. Its the only figure that comes with that many accesories btw (cape, lasso, stand)...can you imagine a Huntress, Black Canary or Supergirl 10"? I thought they were gonna release BC when her maquette came out! :cry:

Oh well...I wish we could get a Legion of Doom 10" but I dont see that happening any time soon :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:10 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Wish the 4.75 inch WW looked as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:49 am 
Fugitive Dust

I know!! The first sculpt in 2003 is probably the best looking of them all. It was much more true to the original character design than the second sculpt they came out with in 2005 and have been using ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 am 
Fugitive Dust

Hey, I'm not a new guy - I just reactivated my account! ;)