Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The local Kroger had one Lorder Superman about a month ago. Considering grocery stores don't normally get full cases that may have been the only one they ever had...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:49 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

off2uk wrote:
I live in Richmond, VA and checked my local K-Mart yesterday. They only had three Yellow Box Green Arrows which have been there forever! The other 2 K-Marts in the area have no toy section to speak of so I'd be wasting the trip to check them.

While I was in my local K-mart, I did score a DC SuperFriends Lex Luthor!! That was the only one I still needed to complete the entire collection which will be a big Christmas gift for my 3.5 year old nephew who loves the SuperFriends!

But I digress, none of my Targets have had Purple Boxed 10" for months. Earlier this year I did see a few sprinkled in with the Yellow Boxes, but they went fast. Toys R Us only have the Giants of Justice 2-packs, but no other characters have been spotted.

I did, however, just score my third 10" Wonder Woman with the Cape in the Purple Box from a friend who lives in Puerto Rico. After buying my first one from him, I had asked that he keep an eye out for another one and he came through again! Hooray!! So far though, I've only heard reports of Wonder Woman being actually available in Brazil and Puerto Rico.

AntonyC, Curator
www.ExperienceTheWonder.com

Want to share the wealth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:11 pm 
I'd love to! Here's the deal...

I'm keeping one sealed in the box and opening the other to photograph turnarounds for ExperienceTheWonder.com. I bought it to replace the first loose one I got which I now realize in comparison was either a prototype or production error because the stars on the cape do not go around the entire border and the blue fabric is a shade darker.

So, I'll ask my friend in Puerto Rico to keep his eyes open for another one and make sure he knows that if he finds one, I want to buy it. If so, I'll get in touch with you and sell it to you for what I paid - how's that? He asks $29 plush $7 shipping to the US. Let me know and send me a PM with your e-mail address so I can keep you posted!

Talk to you soon -
AntonyC, Curator
www.ExperienceTheWonder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:05 pm 
MINT!

In Arizona, Kroger's grocery stores are called Fry's, and they are the only place I've seen the new 10 inch line. I have gone to about 12 different Fry's over the past month and I've seen multiples of Justice Lords GL, Flash and Superman, cloth-cape Batman, regular Superman and Hawkgirl. I've never seen Justice Lords Batman, Hourman, caped Aquaman, caped Wonder Woman and invisible Martian Manhunter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:04 pm 
Hat Pooper

the only have 10 inch figures i've seen is the batman and superman 2 pack at toys r us. and its been that way for about a year. i've never even once seen a hawkgirl 10 inch and shes been repackaged 3 times. i've never seen any of the justice lords or an hourman or the cloth capes (didn't even know they made cloth capes) never seen the wonder woman with a cape but yeah, you get the idea.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:25 pm 
PVC

I checked 6 K-Marts in the SF Bay Area; three of them had the Purple Box 10" cloth cape Batman, Superman and Aquaman, as well as JLords Superman and Flash. These are the only 10-inch purple box figures that I have seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:50 am 
Damage Control

Well to my understanding is that the JL BATS, Clear MARTIAN MANHUNTER, HOURMAN and the Cloth Caped WW has not been released just yet. I guess they'll push those the same time the GRODD 6 pack are out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:39 am 
Fugitive Dust

I can corroborate that all K-marts I have been to have the same Superman, and the cloth-caped Batman and Aquaman 10" figures for $10.99 each in the purple box, but no other characters such as Wonder Woman in cloth cape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:15 pm 
Here is a photo of one of my Purple Box 10" Wonder Woman with the Cloth Cape. As I said before, they are available in Brazil and Puerto Rico, and I have scored two of these from a friend who lives there.

wws1fan I'm working on getting you one but please reply or PM that you still want one if I can get it.

I will have loose photos with complete turnarounds once my second one comes sometime this week!

View Full Size: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2387/178 ... 94df_o.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:49 pm 
Hat Pooper

wow, has mattel every annoucned these 10 inch figures? the only new one that i knew of was Hourman.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:03 pm 
All of the new DCSH/JLU Purple Boxed 10" Figures were on display in the Mattel booth SDCC (and I think WWC).

That's why it's so strange to me that very few of them are finding their way to mass retail in the continental US.

Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:14 pm 
5" Scale

Thanks to JDC8's coupon link, I bought cloth cape Aquaman and Lords Superman from K-Mart and saved $5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

NitEwiNg86 wrote:
wow, has mattel every annoucned these 10 inch figures? the only new one that i knew of was Hourman.

Well, Hourman was the only one to get a lot of talk time since he was the only new character even though he's just a re-paint of Atom with a cape. A friend of mine has the Lorder Flash and Superman and I picked up a purple boxed Hawkgirl for him around April or so but that's really all I've seen of the purples. I gotta say that Wonder Woman does look great with the cape, may have to get that one if it shows up around here but I'm not going to go out of my way to get her otherwise 'cause I already have one... Hourman, on the other hand... I may have to break down and pay whatever I have to to get him even though I'm still a little upset that we're getting a 10"er before the 4.5", but the same thing happened with Aquaman...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:27 pm 
Earlier this year when they were just introduced in the purple packaging, the only 10" figures I actually saw in my local stores have been Giants of Justice (Superman/Batman) 2-Pack, Reverse Flash, Justice Lord Superman, Batman w/ Cloth Cape, and Hawkgirl. Except for the 2-pack at Toys R Us, the others were there and gone within a month or so! Now...nothing.

And I've never seen (locally) any of the other characters that were released in one of the other three versions of the packaging - or the new Hourman, Aquaman w/ cloth cape or Wonder Woman w/ cloth cape.

Jim, I understand what you mean about paying a premium for the one you want! I'm spending $36 a piece to get the WW w/ Cape from Puerto Rico. But to me, it's totally worth it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:51 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

ExperienceTheWonder wrote:
Jim, I understand what you mean about paying a premium for the one you want! I'm spending $36 a piece to get the WW w/ Cape from Puerto Rico. But to me, it's totally worth it!

With a focus like yours I can understand! :lol: I just can't justify more than $15 for a figure I sort of have already, especially since the 10" line isn't a really high priority for me, just the unique heroes... I've got too much else tugging at my budget with Star Wars, Cars, JLU, Super Friends and DCUC and the new Indiana Jones stuff next year... oy,... too much!