Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:43 am 
my tummy itches

Ghost6 wrote:
TSR- thanks for reposting the advance order info... I kept wondering if this assortment was close to what was leaked...so if I was a betting man, I would put money down on wave 4 revolving around Wonder Woman and Ares. I do wish there would have been a female In this wave...Zatanna would have been a nice fit...

No problem and I do agree on your bet for Wave 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:32 am 
Former King of Posts

Quote:
Nightwing
Robin (Tim Drake)
Sinestro
Deathstroke
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Interesting. How many alternates do they make?
(Red Tornado, Penguin)
(Aquaman, Firestorm, Supes Blue)

Green Lantern - I wonder if John Stewart will be an alternate?
Robin - Grayson & Drake?
Sinestro - classic and current?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:43 am 
serves the Otter

superfriend wrote:

Green Lantern - I wonder if John Stewart will be an alternate?
Robin - Grayson & Drake?
Sinestro - classic and current?

Great point--I hadn't thought of those. I can see the GL and Sinestro alternates before the Robin...it seems like there are too many differences in the Robin's costumes to make one an alternate without a massive amount of retooling. It wouldn't just be a head swap.

I also think a Dick Grayson Robin would be a big enough draw that he could do well in a later series; they might be saving him for later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:50 am 
Prototype

Yeah, the Grayson and Drake variants are a good idea but Dick would need a different sculpt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14 am 
shirtless hugger

wws1fan wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
Jeff Cope wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
No Wonder Woman? :?

Give it time.

Jeff

She should have been in the first wave, she's wonder woman! one of the big three

AMEN brotha!! Why do we ALWAYS need to wait? Why can't Batman villain fans wait for thier Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Harley and Poison Ivy? You're NEVER told to wait and be patient because BM characters get all the love!! GOD forbid you have a wave without one of his rogues in there!! Ridiculous if you ask me!

I can see it now: Look for the new WONDER WOMAN figure coming soon...in maybe wave 9? Give me a break!!

You do realize that Catwoman and Joker came while the line was Batman/Superman only, right? And that Riddler and Ivy are still nowhere to be seen? Superman Red/Blue are the only Superman figures we've had since the line started, you know.

Anyway, I love this lineup! Hal Jordan, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Robin, and SINESTRO! Hello Legion of Doom, that's yet another figure closer to the thirteen members. And hurray for not needing to buy the inferior Robin and Nightwing out currently. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:26 am 
An Insider

What would you guys think of a Nightwing variant? They could repaint it to be like the costume he wore in the nineties during the whole Az-Bats saga. I don't much care for it, but it wouldn't be difficult as a repaint and they would just have to clue on his Jedi-training tail. Also, they could do an animated costume variant with the bird on the front. No Mullet though, please. Another Variant they could do would be simply long hair or short hair.

For a Hal variant, I really hope they don't rob us of the opportunity to get Kyle or John by using them as variants. I bet it will be classic or modern costumes; the difference being how far the green goes doen in the crotch section and maybe how the Lantern insignia looks. Another variant they could do would be his first appearance / New Fronteir costume.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:44 am 
PVC

riddler2403 wrote:
Yeah, the Grayson and Drake variants are a good idea but Dick would need a different sculpt.

Could someone post pics of these 2? I'm afraid I don't know the difference between the 2 costumes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:58 am 
An Insider

Tim's costume has pants. Dick's had a speedo because he was designed in the '30s or 40's when readers didn't care as much about the fact that a 13 year old kid fighting crime in a green speedo is rather silly.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 am 
serves the Otter

robiwan wrote:
Tim's costume has pants. Dick's had a speedo because he was designed in the '30s or 40's when readers didn't care as much about the fact that a 13 year old kid fighting crime in a green speedo is rather silly.

-R

But wasn't it a speedo with chain mail? Or scales or something?

Yeah, okay. That doesn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:03 am 
An Insider

Chafe! Chafe! Hope he had some downy soft tighty-whiteies and a good cup under that thing!

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:30 am 
Cold-cast

ManCalledNova wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:

Could someone post pics of these 2? I'm afraid I don't know the difference between the 2 costumes.

Here's Dick Grayson's traditional Robin costume.

And here's Tim Drake's traditional costume (although he's recently changed to a new one, which is almost entirely red).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:39 pm 
Hat Pooper

Don't know how Grayson could of possibly worn that...

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:46 pm 
serves the Otter

NitEwiNg86 wrote:
Don't know how Grayson could of possibly worn that...

Those crazy circus kids...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:57 pm 
PVC

Thanks for the pics. I guess I would be happy enough with the one we have as long as it had DCUC-standard articulation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:24 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Arrakhat wrote:
wws1fan wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
Jeff Cope wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
No Wonder Woman? :?

Give it time.

Jeff

She should have been in the first wave, she's wonder woman! one of the big three

AMEN brotha!! Why do we ALWAYS need to wait? Why can't Batman villain fans wait for thier Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Harley and Poison Ivy? You're NEVER told to wait and be patient because BM characters get all the love!! GOD forbid you have a wave without one of his rogues in there!! Ridiculous if you ask me!

I can see it now: Look for the new WONDER WOMAN figure coming soon...in maybe wave 9? Give me a break!!

You do realize that Catwoman and Joker came while the line was Batman/Superman only, right? And that Riddler and Ivy are still nowhere to be seen? Superman Red/Blue are the only Superman figures we've had since the line started, you know.

Anyway, I love this lineup! Hal Jordan, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Robin, and SINESTRO! Hello Legion of Doom, that's yet another figure closer to the thirteen members. And hurray for not needing to buy the inferior Robin and Nightwing out currently. :D

I know that. But honestly, do you think Mattel is going to just keep going making new characters or repackage the couple of waves of just Sups and Bats figures so they can say that they're part of the new line? They're not going to do that so in my eyes...they've already been made. Do you get my point? I meant to say too, Two-Face and Clayface not the other two mentioned since I know they weren't made yet. I don't think that Mattel is going backwards with this line. I think they are moving forward. I hope I (WE, the collectors) don't have to wait for Mattel to release another whole 5 waves of Sups and Bats figures before we see Wonder Woman. That would be SO wrong. With the character selection so far, it seems that Mattel is on the right track to make new requested/wanted figures for the collectors. I didn't say kids because parents usually won't hunt down a specific figure unless it's for a holiday or birthday gift. I think collectors rule this line and I hope I, as a collector, get a couple of cool Wonder Woman figures before the line is through. At this point just having one would be nice. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next