Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:26 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Ghost6 wrote:
I would not however start speculating wildly about deluxe figures, vehicles or anything else of the sort. The JLU line will probably expand to include some fun new characters, but I just don't see some sweeping new format taking over.

I was just presenting some theorhetical examples of what might be, I don't mean for anyone to take those as actual product I just needed examples of possible new products that could possibly be being offered to the buyers and those are what came to mind. That said, I do strongly believe that there may be something to the idea of placing the giant-sized characters into the 10" line, it's been discussed as a possibility from Mattel before so I wouldn't rule that one out. Thing is, if the retailers don't pick it up we'll probably never know about anything "new" that may have been offered and turned down.

Last edited by Jim_Abell on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:28 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I'll believe it when I see it, we've been waiting since last Toy Fair and keep being told to be patient, we'll I think we have been, bt here we are in October of 07 and still know nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:04 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

We'll never know about the unmade stuff until ToyOtter lets us know years after the fact! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:31 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

darkknight30 wrote:
We'll never know about the unmade stuff until ToyOtter lets us know years after the fact! :wink:

T3h Sp3cial 3dition R0xx0rz JLU DvD S3t St4rring Ott3r!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:49 am 
Damage Control

After so many months with no product or news of new product, we've moved on. My kids and I are extremely excited about DCUC and that is where we will get our DC fix now. The other money I would have used for JLU are now being divided amongst StarWars (me), Galactic Heroes& SuperHero Squad(the kids), and maybe some of those 25th Anniv GIJoe figures (me). Thanks Mattel. :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:43 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I was never aware that the Legion toys were dead I merely thought that they were delayed.

As for JLU, well, I totally appreciate ToyGuru taking the time to address things. But I have a point to make.

Why should, in theory, Mattel take the bashing and the blame if, let's say, a bunch of upcoming JLU product was announced and then never produced? it wouldn't be Mattel's fault then. It would be the retailers, and/or the buyers for said retailers' fault.

If WM, TRU, and Target, or any combination of those three balk at the prospects of a unified and rebranded DCAU/JLU line, then it is those retailers that should shoulder all of the ire and disappointment of the collector community, and not Mattel. Distribution and case packouts, maybe, but not the retailers collective lack of vision.

So, my point is this: Why doesn't Mattel tell EVERYBODY what they want to do with the JLU line? Get the news out there! The more of us who know what the possibilites are, the more likely that we'll all tell the Big Three retailers that we want to see this in their stores. Thus, those Big Three will have some kind of real world feedback, and not some aisle space alottment mumbo jumbo.

That's my question, anyway. And thanks again, ToyGuru. You're a brave one to jump in the waters around here lately :wink:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:47 am 
categorically opposed

Howard the Duck wrote:
Why should, in theory, Mattel take the bashing and the blame if, let's say, a bunch of upcoming JLU product was announced and then never produced? it wouldn't be Mattel's fault then. It would be the retailers, and/or the buyers for said retailers' fault.

Because Mattel always takes the blame for everything. Haven't you read every thread here? ;)

But you're right. They shouldn't take the blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:55 am 
Prototype

MoMoney wrote:
Howard the Duck wrote:

Because Mattel always takes the blame for everything. Haven't you read every thread here? ;)

But you're right. They shouldn't take the blame.

Agreed it's not Mattel's fault. Let's not run ToyGuru off the boards. I'm glad he posted an update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:26 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I look at things like this...

If as a retailer, I can't keep keep the pegs full becasue I don't order the product fast enough or don't anticipate customer demand, then it's my fault.

But if I order said product and it doesn't come in or comes in at a much slower pace compared to other similar items, then that's the company's fault. And as a retailer, I just wouldn't order them any more and use that space for something that I know I could get in consistantly and sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:10 am 
Collector Inspector

Well I'm hopeful and patient. It seems to me like there willbe some new product comming next year. And if not it's been a great run and a fun line to collect. In fact everytime I look at my collection I still smile.

Hopefully they can continue this year trying to catch people up with the hard to find characters and the remaining waves that were yet to be released.

Then next year maybe we'll see that the wait was well worth it. If not, like I said it's been fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:13 pm 
Former King of Posts

I'm actually hoping we get some Legion show figures bundled in with this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:43 am 
Collector Inspector

superfriend wrote:
I'm actually hoping we get some Legion show figures bundled in with this line.

That would be cool, especially since there is a show on the air. It could only help the line. Especially because I'd really like a lightning lad figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:40 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Did the revamped Legion show start already?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:32 am 
Resin

I believe that they are about 3 episodes into the new season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:28 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Yes, exactly three shows into the new season of Legion of Super Heroes! Imperiex was in the most recent one! For a kids cartoon, it has some fairly dark moments, such as the death of Ferro Lad last season and the accident with Lightning Lad this week! :shock:

[spoiler]He lost his arm![/spoiler]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next