Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Multiple uses for "unique" DCUC bodies
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

elvis8batman's post on re-using the TNBA/JLU Joker body for Gentleman Ghost got me to thinking about how similar re-uses in DCUC could get more characters out of what would originally seem to be "unique" body sculpts. I'm not talking about the various "tights" bodies that are already in use, I'm talking more about how the more individual sculpts could see re-use. For example the way that the two Batgirl figures are essentially the same sculpt (save for a new head and belt) with paint changes creating most of the differences.

Catwoman's torso could be re-used for the recent Black Canary outfit (the one the Barbie Canary is wearing).

Linda Danvers Supergirl could be re-used for Stargirl with new upper arms, thighs, head, belt and an "S"-less chest piece. Guess she'd need new hands as well to hold the Star Rod...

A potential new Joker could be re-used for Uncle Sam, Gentleman Ghost, Alfred Pennyworth and John Zatara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:42 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

And if they made a Commissioner Gordon wearing a trench coat, they could re-use that for the Question, just with a new head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 pm 
Cold-cast

They could easily take the Clark Kent/Two-Face/Riddler body and give us Lex in a business suit. They wouldn't even have to sculpt a new head. Just use the one from Armored Lex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:59 pm 
Former King of Posts

:!: Mattel - if you are reading this, please do not infer that just because we are suggesting ways to reuse pieces that the characters mentioned here are high on people's want lists. I am still convinced this is what happened which caused us to get bottom of the barrel characters in the JLU line like Nemesis, who rarely appeared on want lists but was discussed a great deal in reuse threads like this one. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

superfriend wrote:
:!: Mattel - if you are reading this, please do not infer that just because we are suggesting ways to reuse pieces that the characters mentioned here are high on people's want lists. I am still convinced this is what happened which caused us to get bottom of the barrel characters in the JLU line like Nemesis, who rarely appeared on want lists but was discussed a great deal in reuse threads like this one. :!:

Good point, yeah Mattel, we're just bouncing ideas around. There are loads of characters that we are way more eager to get, so please go with the costume folks first!! (Then later, if you start to run out of ideas then maybe do some of these) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm 
Prototype

elvis8batman wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Good point, yeah Mattel, we're just bouncing ideas around. There are loads of characters that we are way more eager to get, so please go with the costume folks first!! (Then later, if you start to run out of ideas then maybe do some of these) :wink:

Absolutely! Give us the main heroes first! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:46 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Great thread, and some fantastic ideas here. Add some minor tooling to the Clark Kent body for Phantom Stranger, Golden Age Sandman and Golden Age Crimson Avenger.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:53 pm 
An Insider

Firestorm's upper arms "fabric sleeves" could be used on the Golden Age Green Lantern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:18 pm 
Damage Control

superfriend wrote:

Nemesis is one of my favorite JLU figures.... no joke :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:30 am 
Prototype

Veil1 wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Nemesis is one of my favorite JLU figures.... no joke :)

I don't know much about the character as far as the comics go but he does look cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Grodd's parts could be re-used for Ultra-Humanite, Monsouir Mallah (sp?) and Congorilla.

The Lobo/Despero body could maybe be used for Blockbuster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:45 am 
Infinite Hero

elvis8batman wrote:
And if they made a Commissioner Gordon wearing a trench coat, they could re-use that for the Question, just with a new head.

More likely we'd see that happen the other way around....

Either way, it'd be cool!

J

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:30 am 
An Insider

Mr. Bones can be made from shared parts.

Head: New
Cape: Dr. Impossible
Gloves: Dr. Impossible
Belt: Firestorm
Left Leg: Cyborg Superman

Director Bones could be be made from a Clark Kent figure with a new head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 am 
shirtless hugger

superfriend wrote:

Too late! The next wave will contain John Zatara, Comissioner Gordon, Phantom Stranger, Mr. Bones, Nemesis, Black Canary, and a Parademon, with a Congorilla C&C. Curse the misguided creativity of the board members! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 am 
Prototype

Wow. Never seen that Dr. Impossible figure. I don't know how I missed that. Which DCUC wave will he be in?