Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Here's a big screw you from Mattel to BBTS
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:55 am 
Knows his stuff

I'm sure you've all received the e-mail if you pre-orderred from BBTS but here it is for the rest of you.

"RE:Justice League Figures - Assortment '999F' Case
Hi - Mattel has informed us that due to high demand from Walmart, Target, and other big box stores, our order for the Justice League figures has gone unfilled - the inventory was sent to the national retailers instead. We are working with a new contact at Mattel who's main job is to grow and satisfy the collector market - he has told me that they are going to try to work this figure into some 2008 product mixes made especially for the collector market. I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on getting these items, and we did not expect them to basically ignore our substantial order. It is unlikely this preorder will fill until sometime in 2008, so feel free to cancel your preorder if needed and I apologize for the supply problem. Mattel has been a bit difficult to deal with lately with their inventory policies, but they have assured me that things will improve in 2008."

Has anyone else seen these figures in big box stores because I sure haven't! I really am begining to hate Mattel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:03 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I got the same e-mail. I plan to keep my preorder open and buy the figures from BBTS when/if they arrive. I've already eBayed them for fear I'd never see them and the line would be cancelled, but I feel that supporting BBTS is the least I can do in this situation.

And no, I've never seen them at retail either.

Despite the cheery 'tell your favorite retailers' and disingenuous responses from Mattel, it's very clear that something went seriously, seriously awry this year in the production/distribution chain. I don't know what and I don't feel they owe me an explanation, but I hope they get it worked out soon. I've begun to doubt we'll see Grodd before the new year, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:15 am 
5" Scale

yeah i was not happy getting that email either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:24 am 
Knows his stuff

I have no intention of ebaying the figures. I'm keeping my order at BBTS open as well. I don't want to over pay to get figures in a line that I fear is dead.

Post subject: Re: Here's a big screw you from Mattel to BBTS
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:46 am 
PVC

impulse wrote:
"Mattel has been a bit difficult to deal with lately with their inventory policies, but they have assured me that things will improve in 2008."

Mattel forgot to add "Stay tuned! (TM)"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Even though I preordered this case off BBTS, I panicked 2 months ago and bought these figures off Ebay. Mattel kept delaying shipment to BBTS like the DCSH Two-Face/Batgirl assortment... I figured the order would get cancelled. Surprisingly, BBTS eventually got that DCSH wave. Hopefully, those of you who have preordered this JLU case will be rewarded for your patience and not get screwed like the Shayera Hol/Ray 3 pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:18 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

What's in this case anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:30 am 
Hat Pooper

I've been waiting months for the Volcana from BBTS. Thanks a lot Mattel, once again you prove your "dedication" to the collector market. Anyone remember when 2007 was supposed to be the year for collectors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:38 am 
MINT!

Looking on the bright side, maybe this means that we will be able to find these figures in large quantities soon. Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

audiecugi wrote:
Looking on the bright side, maybe this means that we will be able to find these figures in large quantities soon. Maybe.
That would be great. With the exception of the round of frank questions before the last answer session Bus Accident Guy hasn't been very straight with us and STILL hasn't satisfactorily explained the distribution problem. I hate the response of "Stay tuned" too. I've been waiting forever. When are they going to fix this? I need Blue Devil!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:13 pm 
An Insider

I don't know what these figures are, but the way this sounds, they're a bunch of Superman and Batman Single packs. :lol: And when was the last time anyone saw a JLU figure at WalMart? :? It's been about two years for me.

Also, it's a shame that BBTS has to apologize for Mattel. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:14 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Was this in reference to the case that has Blue Devil?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

Cantina-Dan wrote:
Was this in reference to the case that has Blue Devil?

I dunno if they sent one out to the people that have that on backorder or not. Mine was in reference to the "collector friendly" 3 pack case assortment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:42 pm 
Collector Inspector

It's this case.

Hawkman, Obsidian, Barda/Deadshot, Volcana, Nemesis/Lightray, and Aquaman/Dr Light packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:45 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Thanks.

Not that it matters now, but why wouldn't the Star Saphire pack been included in this case?