All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 pm 
Prototype

It figures. I'm not surprised at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

I got this email as well. I too am keeping my preorder open, but this is pissing me off. What is going on with Mattel? You can't find any of their product, they keep telling you things will get better, but they don't show you jack.
It's getting to the point where I don't want to support Mattel anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:16 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

zaxilla2 wrote:
And when was the last time anyone saw a JLU figure at WalMart? :? It's been about two years for me.

I was in Ottawa on the weekend and saw a full case of three packs on the shelf at a Walmart, nothing I needed of course.

as for new stuff I'm sure the recalls have set everything back month's.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:28 pm 
Resin

I got the same email, also... The only thing that I had pre-ordered from JLU was a Volcana 3-pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

Received my e-mail today also. But half of this case assortment was the one some lucky folks got at Toy'r'us and of course Hawkman at Biglots. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:04 pm 
Knows his stuff

Quote:
..due to high demand from Walmart, Target, and other big box stores, our order for the Justice League figures has gone unfilled - the inventory was sent to the national retailers instead.

I've got to the point where I don't even want to comment on Mattel and their DC toy issues. But, I can't believe this.. so I must once more jump into the melee. This is just another sad development, in a long line of poorly executed business actions from Mattel.

The last new Mattel figure I've seen, and bought too, was the Aquaman SF figure a few months back. Before that I can't remember when I purchased a Mattel product, let alone a JLU figure.

I know the new DC Classics (BAF) stuff will supposedly hit Jan. 1, 2008, and at least that's encouraging, but this year was something to behold.

I'm sure we'll eventually get the Mattel-can-do-no-wrong choir boys jumping in to defend them, but even they can't, in good faith, continue the glass half full misdirection if stuff like this keeps up.

"..high demand from Walmart, Target, and other big box stores" Indeed.. We really need to find these stores. :roll:

Oh well.. back to the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:59 am 
Tis' but a pup

I got the mail too, this is a really bad thing, but we are talking about mattel, so I think is not a surprise... for the people who lives outside the US BBTS is the better option to get this figures cause mattel will never sell this figure in our retail market (in my country matel only sold the first blue card jlu figures), so mattel can go to the hell right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:47 am 
Collector Inspector

I figured this would happen to my Volcana pre-order. Hopefully I'll find one in the store sometime, but since they aren't charging my credit card I might as well keep the preorder open.

Post subject: Re: Here's a big screw you from Mattel to BBTS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

impulse wrote:
Hi - Mattel has informed us that due to high demand from Walmart, Target, and other big box stores, our order for the Justice League figures has gone unfilled - the inventory was sent to the national retailers instead.

High demand for JLU from Walmart? Huh? What did I miss?

B.S. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:38 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Well, let's see here...

Wal-Mart doesn't carry these any longer, so they never asked Mattel for anything.

Toys R Us and Target do, but they sure as hell haven't received such an influx of newer product to explain the lack of shipments to online retailers.

Conclusion? Mattel has either by accident or by design screwed up big time. And they don't want to explain things to anyone, nor do they wish to be truthful to buyers and fans on this matter.

And what toy line in recent memory(or ever, for that matter) was so outrageously popular and/or ordered across the board as to necessitate Mattel allocating existing stock to the brick and mortar stores only? I managed to find all of these figures at retail(Target, by the way) in the last five months or so. But it wasn't due to target receiving a windfall of JLU product. Nope.

I'm calling this myth busted! "BS" and rubbish, Mattel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 am 
Former King of Posts

I actually saw a single pack Shining Knight last night at Kmart. I was shocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:13 am 
Hat Pooper

superfriend wrote:

Man, that's crazy :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:06 am 
The Last Word

I got the e-mail twice, once for each three-pack I ordered. I currently have 73 Mattel DCAU characters in my collection, and I'll eventually get Deadshot and Barda on eBay, if that's what I have to do. At this point, I don't really care if any more are produced. I've been getting my fix from other (non-Mattel) lines, so whatever.

I will say, though, that even if what we've seen of DCUC really looked like it will live up to its enthusiasts' hype and be THE line of comic style action figures (it doesn't), I wouldn't start buying them. I'll probably buy Harley, but nothing else. The lack of effort in getting these items to BBTS leaves me feeling blah about Mattel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:16 pm 
Former King of Posts

cowmuf wrote:
superfriend wrote:

Man, that's crazy :shock:

Forgot to mention that the new Superman and Lex were there too.

Post subject: Re: Here's a big screw you from Mattel to BBTS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:27 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I was really excited when I saw the title of my email from BBTS. I thought it was a confirmation that the case had arrived and was on its way. Finally, I would be getting new figures! But when I opened and read the email, I just sat there.

The promise of getting this case was the last strand of hope connecting me to the JLU line. Now that it's gone, I'm giving up.

The title of this thread is "a big screw you from Mattel to BBTS," and no doubt BBTS feels jerked around. But the truth is, this is yet another "screw you" from Mattel to the fans.

And for me, it's the final "screw you." This is no way to treat loyal customers.

Farewell JLU and ToyGuru. It was fun while it lasted.