Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:37 pm 
Hat Pooper

I'm pretty sure they're trying to kill this line, hoping JLU fans will collect DCUC instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:11 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Could be that Mattel might be kissing up the major retailers. I've noticed that JLU is starting to appear in the retailers. I saw them at TRU, Target, and Kmart, but no Wal Mart. SO far, just the 3packs with the Joker, Hawkman, and Entrigan, and the holy trinity. Not to bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:30 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

cowmuf wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're trying to kill this line, hoping JLU fans will collect DCUC instead.

This occurred to me as well. All the money & hype seems to be funneling in one direction only. All other DC lines are being crapped on.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:36 pm 
Factory Worker

cowmuf wrote:

as much as i love DCU, JLU gives me 3 figures for the amount of money DCU gives, so i prefer JLU any day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:55 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Azrael24 wrote:
JLU gives me 3 figures for the amount of money DCU gives, so i prefer JLU any day

I don't understand why the retailers have not picked the line up yet, given this glaring fact.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Kmarts getting new singles as i saw zatanna and picked up blue devil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:41 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

marillion wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
JLU gives me 3 figures for the amount of money DCU gives, so i prefer JLU any day

I don't understand why the retailers have not picked the line up yet, given this glaring fact.

Peace,

Chip

I think that the retailers might have their collective heads up their, um...You-Know-Whats. Ending or killing a successful toy line is dumb. Capital D, U, M, B, dumb! I don't give a lick about planograms and shelf space. I've seen aisles with more than enough room, and I've seen the opposite. All I care about as a JLU fan is "Where in #%^! are they"?

Well...? I'm waiting, Big Retail! :roll:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:43 pm 
Prototype

marillion wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:

Peace,

Chip

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me either. A bunch of idiots must be running these companies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:45 am 
Damage Control

The reality is the JLU line no longer sells. Kids are not interested in weird obscure characters like Sand or Fire. It's strickly a collector's line now and stores are not going to order cases just so one or two collectors can buy one set while the rest of the case rots on the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:13 pm 
Prototype

I just hope that what ToyGuru says about collectors getting new JLU no matter if the stores pick it up or not will actually happen. I'm not holding my breath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:24 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I recently saw new 10" figures (JLord Supes and caped Aquaman) at K-mart and some new singles (GL, WW, Supes wave) and 3 packs (JLord Hawkgirl set) at Target.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:59 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

stcardinal wrote:
The reality is the JLU line no longer sells.

Completely untrue. A line that no longer sells doesn't automatically clear out multiple Supes or Bats figures from the pegs, nor would it warrant a retailer(Target) receiving even more exclusives(the Grodd set).

JLU is cheap, cool, and mommy-friendly. It sells better than all of that Power Rangers crap at the very least.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm 
Santos L. Halper

How funny....I too ordered Volcana from BBTS only to get this email...

But there are 2 interesting things I gleaned from the comment from Mattel...

#1. If the product has been allocated to stores, does that mean we will be seeing Volcana on the pegs soon? If so, I can live with them cancelling all the BBTS orders...

however...

#2. If Volcana fails to show up on the pegs, this little white lie will be very telling. The folks at Mattel have said they are going to try and get some of the harder to get figures back on the toy shelves, so this COULD be that attempt. However since Volcana was realeased MANY months ago, I hope Mattel is not trying to say that all of THOSE previous assortments were toys that BBTS was trying to sell now on their sites since they showed different product mixes.

I have been forgiving to a point with this line, but I will be frustrated if this is yet another "distraction" technique to keep stringing the fans along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:27 pm 
Factory Worker

stcardinal wrote:
The reality is the JLU line no longer sells. Kids are not interested in weird obscure characters like Sand or Fire. It's strickly a collector's line now and stores are not going to order cases just so one or two collectors can buy one set while the rest of the case rots on the pegs.

Dont make me laugh! kids arent interested in sand and fire because theres no sand or fire out in the stores! my little brother and his friends LOVE all the obscure characters and they dont know who they are! besides collectors are a pretty big part of who buys this stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:56 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

vancleef9000 wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
And when was the last time anyone saw a JLU figure at WalMart? :? It's been about two years for me.

I was in Ottawa on the weekend and saw a full case of three packs on the shelf at a Walmart, nothing I needed of course.

as for new stuff I'm sure the recalls have set everything back month's.

VC9k

Which store in Ottawa? What figs were there? I live in Ottawa, and I need custom fodder :).