Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Interview with ToyGuru Pt II @ Fwoosh
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:10 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Everyone should go read this:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=763&Itemid=1

I'm guessing that female Con exclusive figure is JLU Amanda Waller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:30 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

great interview, thanks VB & TG. I really hope things work out like they are planning with JLU. Gotta get me a Blackhawk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:14 am 
shirtless hugger

I hope it's Waller and not a core character like, say, a DCUC Wonder Woman as a con exclusive. That would be upsetting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:50 am 
5" Scale

tanglevine wrote:
I hope it's Waller and not a core character like, say, a DCUC Wonder Woman as a con exclusive. That would be upsetting.

no way they would do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:02 am 
PVC

It's got to be a 10" JLU Giganta figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:14 am 
Hat Pooper

If they were making Giganta a Con-exclusive, it would make more sense to make her 8 inches. She only needs to be 10 inches if they release her at retail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:22 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Thanks for posting that info. I had suspected for a while that the retailers had balked on the Legion line. At least we have confirmation on that.

As far as JLU, well no surprise. Still "wait and see". "Fall 2008". More of the same, so I can't be shocked.

As far as the convention exclusive, I'm leaning towards Waller. The bigwigs at toy companies have long thought that females don't sell well in action figure lines, and that people in suits don't sell well. So with Waller being both, I have a feelilng she'll wind up as a con exclusive. Which quite honestly would be awesome.

Course, it'll probably turn out to be Fire & Ice.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:32 am 
Hat Pooper

Waller would be my favourite choice as well. How well did she do in the polls? I'm guessing not very, since people would assume she'd never have a shot at being produced and vote for another character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 am 
5th Horseman

10" Giganta... DUUUUH! As much as I'd LOOOVE an Amanda Waller.

A. Giganta has been asked for since she appearedin the series 3 years ago.

B. They have a fairly generic female body (10" Hawkgirl)

C. A new Head Sculpt wouldn't be that difficult, and she only wears a dress that hangs off of one shoulder. Easily made from cloth to cover the old hawkgirl costume.

D. They like making large figures the con exclusives... Waller, while a big lady, isn't THAT big.

E. She'd be an odd choice for a 10" figure at retail, as she'd be the FIRST Villain they've produced (not counting the justice Lords Supes, Flash, and GL which at the base... are just repaints).

F. They would NOT create a new female sculpt for DCU. That just makes no kinda sense. And since that line HAS a build a figure concept... a Giganta in that line would be easy to accomodate.

Elementary my dear friends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

A note for ToyGuru : it's CHARLTON characters, not "Charleston." Charleston is a city a few hours from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Comics

It's the third time he's referred to those certain characters as "Charleston" whether in interviews or Q-n-As.

Other than that little bit, there was nothing Earth-shattering about that interview as far as JLU/DCAU is concerned. Again, the big push is DCUC and all the little guys are left out. Don't get me wrong, DCUC is going to be incredible, but how can they not have buyers for DCAU yet? Three figures for $10 (or even one for $5) that come from the Batman/Superman/DCU cartoon stable of characters is the best buy in the toy aisle! It seems like we're in the same spot we were in 6 months ago with zero progress made...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Hrmph :

Quote:
This line still has a lot of legs for Mattel.

IF it gets picked up, you mean.

Quote:
Even though we have not seen too many new figures in late 07, by fall 08 almost all of the major fan requests will be fulfilled with more to come!

IF it gets picked up, you mean.

All of this info is just blown smoke if the line doesn't get picked up. There should only be ONE question in any interview/Q-n-A from this point forward :

Has the JLU/DCAU line been picked up at mass retail yet?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

If the "DCAU/Timm-verse" does get picked up, I'm hoping the Con exclusive will be a Cadmus 3-pack: Amanda Waller, General Eiling, and Doctor Hamilton. But that's a lot of wishful thinking on my part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm 
Former King of Posts

Not sure where all this Waller support is coming from. As for not doing well in the polls, some of us vote for who we want. She did not get a vote from me. Its a superhero line. no costume, no snazy name = no vote.

As for Nov/Dec 2007 and early 2008, I hope we see some of the current hard to get figures arrive at retail in enough numbers so we can find and finally buy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:45 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Ok, I'll drop my little attempt at prognostication ...

The Con Exclusive female will be ...

DC Super Friends Wonder Woman!

Why? I believe I remember reading somewhere around these parts before that the SuperFriends line is branded as "Boys Toys" and that females are a "hard sell" in this category. Also, "Mattel is aware of fan interest in this character in this format so maybe we will see her down the line or as a con exclusive" or something or other to that effect.

I could be wrong. Most likely am. For the record I have no friggin clue.

Sure would love a JLU Waller. Giganta would be great too regardless of what size she is. Maybe it'll just be something like a re-release of DCSH "Blue" Supergirl and Batgirl in a 2 pack.

I know, I know... be patient... wait and see...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:52 pm 
ABS

I'm hoping for a DCUC Power Girl figure as the con exclusive. Any DCUC, as well as JLU, figures at the con would be greatly appreciated!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next