Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:58 pm 
Hat Pooper

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
DC Super Friends Wonder Woman!

I doubt most collectors care about the Superfriends line. The collector-friendly lines are more likely to get the con exclusives, not the ones aimed at preschoolers.

If it's a JLU figure, it makes sense it'd be an all new sculpt, like Grundy was. So the idea of a repainted Hawkgirl with some cloth hiding her costume hopefully won't happen.

But if they do make Waller, they can re-use the body for a Granny Goodness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:19 pm 
Former King of Posts

:D
Considering the outpouring of help here at AFI from various posters who helped get us all the 2007 con exclusives, I think we will be able to get this one too.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:35 pm 
Prototype

Nice interview! I'm betting on a 10" Giganta! Mattel knows how much fans would love that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:05 pm 
An Insider

this was a good interview. It's good to hear SOMEthing about JLU even if it isn't that concrete. just have to be really, reeeeeeally patient.

I wasn't that thrilled with the non-answer regarding DCUC chase figures...I still don't like the idea of this unless they are evenly packed.

other than that, I'm really excited about DCUC--when I got into collecting figures I told my then girlfriend, now fiance, to be thankful that I wasn't into Marvel characters because of the massive ML line....I don't know what I'm going to do now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:33 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

zaxilla2 wrote:
It's good to hear SOMEthing about JLU even if it isn't that concrete. just have to be really, reeeeeeally patient.

How can you say that? We just heard *nothing* about JLU. Nothing at all.

Unless the line gets picked up, there is NO news.

They could say "We have turnarounds for every character that appeared in the DCAU shows and comics, and plan on releasing them all. We also secured the rights for Shazam and the Charlton characters, and have worked out the issues WB/DC has with Lobo and Hal Jordan. We plan making two-packs as well as three-packs and singles, and plan on having them at every major retailer and online shop in evenly-packed cases."

Then Wal-Mart, Target and TRU all pass on the line and all the plans are thrown in the trash.

There, I said it again. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 pm 
shirtless hugger

marillion wrote:
A note for ToyGuru : it's CHARLTON characters, not "Charleston." Charleston is a city a few hours from me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Comics

It's the third time he's referred to those certain characters as "Charleston" whether in interviews or Q-n-As.

Other than that little bit, there was nothing Earth-shattering about that interview as far as JLU/DCAU is concerned. Again, the big push is DCUC and all the little guys are left out. Don't get me wrong, DCUC is going to be incredible, but how can they not have buyers for DCAU yet? Three figures for $10 (or even one for $5) that come from the Batman/Superman/DCU cartoon stable of characters is the best buy in the toy aisle! It seems like we're in the same spot we were in 6 months ago with zero progress made...

Peace,

Chip

Maybe the contention over JLU figures is because the JLU show is going on three years gone? Kinda hard to sell that compared to a line like DCUC, which is an obvious response to Marvel Legends. It seems nowadays, that figures are either 6" or 3 3/4", and everything inbetween is less prominent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:26 pm 
categorically opposed

marillion wrote:
zaxilla2 wrote:
It's good to hear SOMEthing about JLU even if it isn't that concrete. just have to be really, reeeeeeally patient.

They could say "We have turnarounds for every character that appeared in the DCAU shows and comics, and plan on releasing them all. We also secured the rights for Shazam and the Charlton characters, and have worked out the issues WB/DC has with Lobo and Hal Jordan. We plan making two-packs as well as three-packs and singles, and plan on having them at every major retailer and online shop in evenly-packed cases."

Then Wal-Mart, Target and TRU all pass on the line and all the plans are thrown in the trash.

There, I said it again. :D

Peace,

Chip

The news is that, in their minds, the line isn't over. Everyone keeps saying that Mattel is trying to get the collectors to move from JLU to DCUC, but when Mattel says that that is actually not their intention, what happens?

It is misconstrued that Mattel has no plans for JLU.

If the big box retailers don't pick up JLU or whatever it's called, that is out of Mattel's hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:28 pm 
serves the Otter

I'd love to see a JLU Amanda Waller too.

And I'm still optimistic about the JLU line.

That is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:32 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

marillion wrote:

Stop being such a Debbie Downer.

At this point we still are waiting to make an announcement but are working very hard on finding the right place to continue the line. We just ask fans to be patient with us as we work out the logistics. But I assure you and all the fans we are working on not only continuing JLU but making it better and more collector oriented then ever before. Fans are going to be really, really happy with what we are doing. It is just taking a few months to get things in the pipe. (keep in mind toys take 12-18 months to produce from B-sheets to on the shelf!)

How is that *nothing*? *nothing* would have been, well nothing at all said about the JLU line. If Mattel is just letting it die, then why would TG bother to mention anything? Obviously they are working it but don't have anything to announce yet. What more do you want from Mattel? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:40 pm 
Factory Worker

Why do they have to release a female as an exclusive? havent they learned that females DO sell as much as male figures?

and please NO ONE try to convince me otherwise, because its not going to happen. female figure phobia is crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:42 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

MoMoney wrote:
The news is that, in their minds, the line isn't over.

It doesn't matter what is 'in their minds.' It only matters with the big retailers.

Quote:
It is misconstrued that Mattel has no plans for JLU.
If the big box retailers don't pick up JLU or whatever it's called, that is out of Mattel's hands.

Which is why no other news matters, and is in fact not really 'news' at all. I'm not saying Mattel doesn't have 'plans' for it all...I'm saying that it doesn't matter if they do or not. We still, as of right now, are getting nothing in the future save for Miracle, Ice, Fire, and Grodd.

Peace,

Chip

Last edited by marillion on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:50 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

The Superfly wrote:
Stop being such a realist and stating facts.

I fixed your quote for you.

Quote:
How is that *nothing*? *nothing* would have been, well nothing at all said about the JLU line. If Mattel is just letting it die, then why would TG bother to mention anything? Obviously they are working it but don't have anything to announce yet. What more do you want from Mattel? :roll:

Come on, Ryan...I want them to speak up when they have something to tell us. All the plans in the world will mean nothing if the line is not picked up at retail. Hence, that is the only news that matters at all. They have said the same thing over and over and over and it has not and *can not* make the product appear at retail. What they said means not one thing toward getting new figures in the DCAU. So, that's not news at all. It's the same old 'nothing.'

Plans = nothing.
Line getting picked up by major retailers = something.

Why does no one else see that? Where's Caped Crusader when ya need him? Chime in and back me up, man!

I'm not saying Mattel is not making an effort, especially in fan interaction. I'm not saying their intentions aren't great, or that ToyGuru as a fan isn't the best option in that position to make the line what we want. However, unless Wal-Mart & Target are on-board we will get nothing. So, I'd rather hear nothing at all until that can be announced either 'yea' or 'nay.' Everything else said about the DCAU line is just regurgitation of stuff we already know.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:03 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Photoshopped for truth:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Simple solution, Chip. Since you are so convinced that the line is dead, accept that concept as fact, ignore any and all posts from Mattel about them "working" on getting the line together, be pleasantly surprised when there is a concrete announcement or just go on with your day-to-day each day that there isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:11 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Jim_Abell wrote:
Simple solution, Chip. Since you are so convinced that the line is dead, accept that concept as fact, ignore any and all posts from Mattel about them "working" on getting the line together, be pleasantly surprised when there is a concrete announcement or just go on with your day-to-day each day that there isn't.

So I'm not allowed to comment on the non-info and the sheep that blindly follow it? ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next