Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:54 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I wouldn't mind if the line dies at all, I've lost most of my interest in JLU, DCUC is where it's at, I've been thinking about selling my entire loose JLU collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:00 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I will absolutely be upset if this line is done! I love these figures and more than that my 4 year old loves them too! We love the variety and sheer coolness of being able to have figures like Etrigan, Grundy and Blue Devil, besides the heavy hitters, like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. I've bought more than my fair share of duplicates of figures we have, just to get that one unique figure in a 3 pack. I am looking forward to seeing what Mattel will offer us in 2008 and beyond!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:27 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I will be soooo sad if JLU ends. I adore this line and it has pretty much become my main DC line, even though I had been collecting DC Direct. I love JLU and it needs to go on forever...:)(or at least until we complete either the satellite League or the animated League or the Giffen League.....)

Keep it comin' Mattel...

(the only figure I haven't been lucky enough to find is Volcana- I am caught up otherwise...)

Val

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:44 pm 
5" Scale

I would be so upset if there weren't any DCAU figures not just as a collector but as a customizer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:22 pm 
serves the Otter

Allow me to expound on my answers:
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
Would anyone else be content/relieved if JLU/DCAU is DONE?

Lemme split that in two, since I being content and being relieved are two different things...

Would anyone else be content if JLU/DCAU is DONE?

I would feel as if the toyline finished incomplete, after all there are still several heroes who haven't been made. If it ends, I certainly won't whine like a little girl, but I will feel rather discontent.

Would anyone else be relieved if JLU/DCAU is DONE?

Why would I? Was it a really that much of a pain? I mean c'mon, as far as I'm concerned having spaced the figures out so much in terms of date of availability and location are a blessing! I get to keep some of my money! No, it wasn't an eyesore to see on the shelves, unlike those horrid K Heroes sets. I don't see any reason why I should be relieved.

Is anyone else this laid-back about the future of JLU/DCAU?

That's better. I'm waiting it out til it comes. I'm not gonna rant about not finding them. But I would neither be content nor relieved

To Mattel, I think a lot of this negativity stems from the current lack of news and available figures. It's not from the fact that JLU is no longer a wanted product.

superfriend wrote:
JLU is over.
Miracle, Fire, Ice, Grodd are the last of this line.

No way will it still have the same name when the next animated pieces are announced.

Looking forward to the NEW DC Animated line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Arrakhat wrote:
Dusty wrote:
It's a good thing i said they can't state their opinion, :roll:

You said that if we don't care if the line ends, we should keep it to ourselves. Yep, you told us not to express our opinions, plain and simple. If you can express your positive opinions, why shouldn't others be allowed to express their negative opinions?

Quote:
and man you're right i didn't have that much dedication to this line left anyway, i must come to this forum to talk about my feelings, i mean what other reason would i be here? :roll:

If others posting their opinons "ruins" it for you, then you need to grow up and really dedicate yourself to the line. It seems to me that the reason you come to the forum is to attack others for expressing their thoughts (or at least in cases where others dare to have views on JLU that oppose yours).

Quote:
this forum is for folks who like JLU, if people are just gonna come around and post things like "Mattel stop making JLU" or "I don't care for the JLU line" they should just go somewhere else, I'm all for people stating their opinions, but like you said i don't have to agree with them, which i stated in my post.

D.

If you're all for people stating their opinions, you wouldn't tell them not to share their opinions in the same sentence. Besides, this board is not the "forum for folks who like JLU." This is the Mattel forum, which covers several toy lines and allows people to express their views, both positive and negative, on the toy lines.

Guess what? Not everyone is going to agree with you in life. You can't just silence anyone who disagrees with you. If you want to start a thread to support JLU and Mattel's efforts, go ahead. It's your right, and I'd even post there to support you. But don't tell us we can't express opinions just because they're negative, savvy?

Okay, I guess the offending had to start somehwere, it is my opinion that all those who are saying negative things should not say negative things, and really, I "attack others?" okay Arrakhat you win i will "grow up" and i will stop attacking others (seeing as how i do that all the time) i apologize to everyone (including you) for being rude in my last post's, but i really think it is very stupid for you to tell me what to do, especially after you say i shouldn't do that, i will leave you now and you can talk about what you want...

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:59 pm 
Collector Inspector

superfriend wrote:
JLU is over.
Miracle, Fire, Ice, Grodd are the last of this line.

No way will it still have the same name when the next animated pieces are announced.

Looking forward to the NEW DC Animated line.

Here Here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:19 pm 
Damage Control

Everyone can have their opinion. But the only people that should be chiming in on this thread are JLU collectors. DCUC collectors (that don't like nor collect JLU) should keep their opinions to themselves. Now if you are a JLU collector, and you are ok with the line ending, then your opinion is valid. I personally would like Mattel to focus on JLU as I don't care for DCUC, but that is just my preference. I don't really want JLU to end, but it would be nice to have a break from DC and focus on another collections (Cars is an favorite of mine). Anyway, my long and rambling point is, that only JLU collectors should be posting in this thread, not DCUC collectors who self servingly want resources diverted to what they want made (no fingers pointed at anyone in particluar, I breezed through this thread.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 am 
my tummy itches

"Content"?... Almost. I dont want to see this line go ANYWHERE! There is much life keft and plenty of remaining worthy additions. However; there are a small few remaining pieces left that, if made, I would be "content" were the line to end then.

"Relieved"?... Right now, honestly yes. If the ongoing problems that plague the line cant, dont, or wont be corrected in time for further new product, then I would be relieved to see it just end. I can simply get started sooner on my new virtually non-toy collecting life. I will do what I consider reasonable to finish out whatever is left of JLU. If its a couple new figs or whatever. If it continues indeffinately and all things surrounding the experience are improved, I'll be thrilled and I'll be spending as long as Mattel is making.
I dont want to see the line end at all. But I'm not even gonna try continuing to collect it or anything else under the current status quo. It just shouldnt be this complicated and its not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:54 am 
Hat Pooper

This line will always feel incomplete without The Question, since he was THE break-out character on the show and essential to display next to Huntress. And if we don't get Fire, Ice, Miracle and Grodd (and since they've been delayed again and again it's very possible we won't), I won't be able to look at my collection without getting angry at what could have been. Displaying Barda without Mister Miracle just isn't right, and Fire and Ice will greatly improve the female-male ratios to an acceptable point.

There's still more than 50 characters I want in this line, so I hope it somehow manages to survive.

I know I'll stop going to toy isles altogether the moment it's confirmed the line has ended, and I suppose that would be a bit of a relief considering how I only find a new figure one in a hundred times. Being a JLU collector this year has been very stressful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 am 
Prototype

Until we get Captain Atom, The Question, Captain Marvel, Cheetah and Giganta the JLU line will be missing something. Those characters were way too important to the show not to be included. I really hope Mattel will come through with at least those characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:13 am 
The Last Word

Dusty wrote:
All you people who don't care if the line ends should keep it to yourself, just because you don't want JLU anymore doesn't mean other don't, (don't ruin it for everybody else, now i doubt mattel will even listen to you, i still think it would be great for you negative people to keep to yourselves)
savvy?

:lol:

Dusty wrote:
Now my target is clogged with Etrigan's packs, 3 so far and they keep growing, (not that i care as i am pretty much done with JLU) i will buy figures here and there, like Grodd and such but other than that mattel can suck my diseased filled toe, ;) (j/k my toe is in perfect health ;) )

This guy's a riot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:16 am 
Knows his stuff

Dusty wrote:
All you people who don't care if the line ends should keep it to yourself, just because you don't want JLU anymore doesn't mean other don't, (don't ruin it for everybody else, now i doubt mattel will even listen to you, i still think it would be great for you negative people to keep to yourselves)
savvy?

D.

I thought "Talk Like a Pirate Day" was over in September.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

riddler2403 wrote:
Until we get Captain Atom, The Question, Captain Marvel, Cheetah and Giganta the JLU line will be missing something.

Don't leave GL Hal Jordan out of it now! :)

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:37 am 
Former King of Posts

Howard the Duck wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:
Until we get Captain Atom, The Question, Captain Marvel, Cheetah and Giganta the JLU line will be missing something.

Don't leave GL Hal Jordan out of it now! :)

Considering that is one of two characters who Toy Guru has said is impossible to make, and had only 30 seconds of screen time, I think the ship has sailed on that.

Your best bet would be to make or buy a custom. That would get it in your hands a lot faster.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next