Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 am 
Hat Pooper

Hal Jordan is hardly an essential JLU character. B'wana Beast is more important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I have 6 jlu figs so i guess i qualify. My collection will double when i find grodd pack. Should be able to fill in the ones i really want from ebay. Dont want the series to end, but would probably prefer it to what we have now at retail if they would do exclusives with new characters. Who wouldnt rather pay a bit more (even double!) for a unique 3 pack than sift though endless bat supes piles. Gas and time are too valuable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:45 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Oprah has taught me that being content is actually based on appreciating what you have and not thinking about what you want. That being said--I would not be content because I want them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 am 
5" Scale

As much as I would want more JLU figs, unless the line goes back to the way it was a year+ ago (evenly packed figures relatively easy to find), then I don't see the point.

I consider myself a halfway-decent customizer as far as JLU is concerned, and I've made all the figures I really care about, so I can deal if the line doesn't continue (although I'd really like Mr. Miracle, Fire, Ice & Grodd to come out.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:04 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Caped Crusader wrote:
Dusty wrote:
All you people who don't care if the line ends should keep it to yourself, just because you don't want JLU anymore doesn't mean other don't, (don't ruin it for everybody else, now i doubt mattel will even listen to you, i still think it would be great for you negative people to keep to yourselves)
savvy?

:lol:

Dusty wrote:
Now my target is clogged with Etrigan's packs, 3 so far and they keep growing, (not that i care as i am pretty much done with JLU) i will buy figures here and there, like Grodd and such but other than that mattel can suck my diseased filled toe, ;) (j/k my toe is in perfect health ;) )

This guy's a riot!

thanks, i try, :)

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:24 am 
Kool Moe Dee

To be honest we are only a few essential figures away from having what I would consider a complete collection of these figures, but if they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

Better to cancel the fighting figures(or whatever they are called) than DCAU.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:47 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

It doesn't matter if they're called "The Three Dimensional Plastic Figures Based on the DC Two Dimensional Animated Series" line, I want them to continue. Retailers be damned :twisted:! And then there's this Hal issue.

Just because Hal seemingly cannot(or will not) be allowed to be produced does not negate the validity of wanting one in the line. For example, Swingline never produced a red stapler until fans of Office Space demanded one. Therefore, you can now get a Swingline in red. Fans(consumers, that is) demanded it, and so it was done. If we Hal fans simply do not speak up, it will be perceived by Mattel, DC/WB, and whoever else that the demand is not there. This is wholly inaccurate. It's also irresponsible to not allow Hal to even be mentioned in any polls or want lists.

Just because some dolt has the power to deny Hal Jordan fans of a GL JLU Hal figure, does not mean that he should be blacklisted from any want lists or future polls. The demand is still there. An open poll should be just that. Just because someone gave us a petulant "NO" in regards to Hal does not mean that he should be tossed aside.

I will not ever be silent on this matter. Some may have given up on a JLU/DCAU Hal figure, but I will not. Some may have bowed down and accepted the rules placed upon them. But I do not.

As far as "importance on the show" is concerned, that is not necessarily why I personally want any given character to be made in the JLU/DCAU line. Sure, characters such as Capt. Atom and The Question have more "important" roles on the show, I'll give you that. But, ToyGuru's precious goal to get every one of Kenner/Hasbro's Super Powers figures into the line will NEVER come to fruition if GL HAL JORDAN isn't allowed, or even fought for. And the JLU/DCAU line, even if it sees another decade of new and awesome characters, would never be equal to or greater than the Super Powers line due to the short-sighted omission of Green Lantern Hal Jordan.

Ye Olde Howard the Duck has spoken! :)

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:49 am 
Collector Inspector

My wallet would be content and relieved, but not I. I'm a sucker for anything Timm-verse, so even though we have a huge cast of characters so far, I'm greedy and want more. Although, I will say that it has been nice to be able to focus on other collections during the lull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:55 am 
Former King of Posts

Howard the Duck wrote:
IBut, ToyGuru's precious goal to get every one of Kenner/Hasbro's Super Powers figures into the line will NEVER come to fruition if GL HAL JORDAN isn't allowed, or even fought for.

Hawkgirl covered the Hawkman slot in SP quite well.
We have what, 5 GLs. Including Kyle who in Superman Animated WAS a Hal/Kyle hybrid. I think we can say the GL slot in SP is covered.

I really want a Lobo in the animated line, but I've decided I'm going to back a more practical horse in this game.

Since not allowed at retail, I think Lobo & Hal should be the convention exclusives for 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:36 pm 
Resin

Kinda, yeah.

Only because I don't buy those toys, so it'd make my life easier because:
A) no taking up soace in the aisles that could be something I would buy
B) no JLU threads in places like this that I have to ignore
C) noone endlessly bitching about JLU

but these are very selfish reasons.
If Mattel gets to make more of these little toys, that'll be an amazing feat. And if it actually makes some people happy, like for real, then that'd be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:39 pm 
shirtless hugger

If itt's over, fine - I'll move on to DC classics, if not I'll keep getting them! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 pm 
Factory Worker

NO!

Where the hell are the Wonder Woman villains?

its a sad world when we get so many superman villains and no wonder woman villains. its not like kids can tell them apart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:33 pm 
Prototype

I agree, KRaZeE! I'm greedy too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:19 pm 
shirtless hugger

Dusty wrote:
Okay, I guess the offending had to start somehwere, it is my opinion that all those who are saying negative things should not say negative things, and really, I "attack others?" okay Arrakhat you win i will "grow up" and i will stop attacking others (seeing as how i do that all the time) i apologize to everyone (including you) for being rude in my last post's, but i really think it is very stupid for you to tell me what to do, especially after you say i shouldn't do that, i will leave you now and you can talk about what you want...

D.

Now come on man, I just told you not to try to stop us from expressing our opinions. You are more than entitled to yours (like the one you underlined in your post), but the original commanding tone was harsh.

As for apologies, thanks for yours. I'd like to apologize as well, I've had a rotten weekend I know I was harsh, but you pushed the wrong button and I went off. No good excuse for that, but I needed to channel it somewhere, and you got to listen to my rants. :oops: Sorry about that, really, I just wanted to make a point (and get out my frustration; I hate not being able to do anything about my family issues right now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:35 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Arrakhat wrote:
Dusty wrote:
Okay, I guess the offending had to start somehwere, it is my opinion that all those who are saying negative things should not say negative things, and really, I "attack others?" okay Arrakhat you win i will "grow up" and i will stop attacking others (seeing as how i do that all the time) i apologize to everyone (including you) for being rude in my last post's, but i really think it is very stupid for you to tell me what to do, especially after you say i shouldn't do that, i will leave you now and you can talk about what you want...

D.

Now come on man, I just told you not to try to stop us from expressing our opinions. You are more than entitled to yours (like the one you underlined in your post), but the original commanding tone was harsh.

As for apologies, thanks for yours. I'd like to apologize as well, I've had a rotten weekend I know I was harsh, but you pushed the wrong button and I went off. No good excuse for that, but I needed to channel it somewhere, and you got to listen to my rants. :oops: Sorry about that, really, I just wanted to make a point (and get out my frustration; I hate not being able to do anything about my family issues right now).

Thanks man, sorry again, I had cruddy weekend too, (but still no excuse for me to be a caka poo poo) :)

D.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next