Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Least Likely JLU Figures?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:56 am 
Hat Pooper

If Mattel releases another 10 figures before the line folds, I'd say characters like Deadman, Captain Marvel, Toyman, STRIPES and Kalibak have high chances of being made. But which of your favourite characters do you think are least likely to get turned into figures by Mattel?

I've thought about it, and tried to take everything into consideration: The popularity of the character, his or her exposure on the show and in other media, whether the character was created by DC or is original to the show, whether the character is male or female, the body type of the character and the re-use potential of the sculpt, the licensing issues, the limited appeal of civilians, etc.

I disregard Lois Lane and Alfred because Hasbro made them in the same style. Lobo and Hal Jordan are also excluded from my thinking because it's already been announced they won't be released.

I think civillians stand even less chance of being made in this line than in previous lines just because there are still so many costumed characters that have yet to be tapped. We didn't get Alfred and Gordon until Hasbro had exhausted nearly every other Batman TAS character. JLU has a much, much bigger stable of superheroes and supervillains.

This is my list:

1) Oberon
2) Amanda Waller
3) General Hardcastle
4) Professor Hamilton
5) Spy Smasher
6) Brimstone
7) Galatea
8) Devil Ray
9) The Question
10) Captain Atom
11) Agent King Faraday
12) Tsukuri
13) Giganta
14) Viking Prince
15) Vandal Savage

It's sad that the most successful arc from the show features characters with very little chance at making it to the shelves. I'd say from the CADMUS table, Hugo Strange has the best shot. But even that is unlikely.

And Vandal Savage is an extremely interesting villain who isn't at all flashy. He doesn't even have a suit of armor like Luthor. So his chances are sadly very slim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:04 am 
Collector Inspector

Hal Jordan! Ha! I win. :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Least Likely JLU Figures?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 am 
serves the Otter

cowmuf wrote:
If Mattel releases another 10 figures before the line folds, I'd say characters like Deadman, Captain Marvel, Toyman, STRIPES and Kalibak have high chances of being made. But which of your favourite characters do you think are least likely to get turned into figures by Mattel?

Of these characters you listed as "most likely," Toyman, STRIPE and Kalibak would all require all-new sculpts...that puts them back onto the "unlikely" list as far as I'm concerned.

And to your unlikely list, I'd add Gypsy, Crimson Fox and Vibe. We're soooo close to having every female member of the JLU, but we're gonna miss it by those two characters...that's a killer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 am 
Hat Pooper

If the line dies, it's likely we'll still get the occasional exclusive 6 pack with an oversized figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:03 am 
Collector Inspector

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Hal Jordan! Ha! I win. :twisted:

Hal FTW! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 am 
Former King of Posts

I'm still convinced that JLU ends with Grodd, Miracle, Fire & Ice.

Then Mattel replaces it with a new animated style line for which the sky is the limit as long as the character seems visually interesting enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 am 
Collector Inspector

Quinn wrote:
cowmuf wrote:

Of these characters you listed as "most likely," Toyman, STRIPE and Kalibak would all require all-new sculpts...that puts them back onto the "unlikely" list as far as I'm concerned.

And to your unlikely list, I'd add Gypsy, Crimson Fox and Vibe. We're soooo close to having every female member of the JLU, but we're gonna miss it by those two characters...that's a killer.

They could make a vibe buy using Blue Devil's Vest So I won't put him on a unlikely list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 am 
serves the Otter

superfriend wrote:
I'm still convinced that JLU ends with Grodd, Miracle, Fire & Ice.

Then Mattel replaces it with a new animated style line for which the sky is the limit as long as the character seems visually interesting enough.

I assumed cowmuf was using JLU interchangably with a "DCAU" line...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:12 am 
serves the Otter

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:

They could make a vibe buy using Blue Devil's Vest So I won't put him on a unlikely list.

He's not on my unlikely list because he'd be hard to make--he's on my unlikely list because he sucks. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:48 pm 
Cold-cast

With so many off-the-beaten-path characters Mattel added to the line (Obsidian? Nemesis? Red Hood?!?) I'd be hard-pressed to say any figure was least likely, but I think the line may be over, so anything may be unlikely these days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

Quinn wrote:
Cookie_TXPSY wrote:

He's not on my unlikely list because he'd be hard to make--he's on my unlikely list because he sucks. :twisted:

WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY! LOOK AT THAT COSTUME! STRAIGHT OUT OF 1984! AND THE SHADES MAN DA SHADES. WHAT OTHER HERO CAN PULL OF THE SHADES! AH PACO HOW WE WILL MISS THE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:28 pm 
serves the Otter

LOL! Hey, even if he sucks, I still want him. Maybe especially because he sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 pm 
Damage Control

I would so buy a Vandal Savage. I think he's a big time villian for Sups next to Lex, Brainiac, Doomsday, and Darksied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:53 pm 
Hat Pooper

Savage is easily my favourite villain. Just look at the episodes he's in - Savage Time, Maid of Honour, Hereafter. That's a seriously impressive track record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:05 pm 
Prototype

I doubt Hippolyta, Jimmy Olson, Perry White and Amanda Waller would be made.