Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Just got back from a Target/TRU run (I was actually Christmas shopping for my son so I had a "legit" reason for going in AGAIN today, ha ha)

Target replenished the JLU singles with a Kyle Rainer case (sorry, I didn't get any extras today, my bad) and TRU had a Clayface case that was missing Clayface and Catwoman (Damn!)

And....

the guys at Target were busily restocking the toy aisles and although they wouldn't comment on anything specific being put out, they "hinted" that this weekend would be a good time to look for new stock again. May be just "Black Sunday" propaganda but maybe not ...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 am 
Collector Inspector

Man I hope I can track down a Volcana, that would rock Also it seems like that Damn dirty ape is taking his time appearing on the shelves...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:59 am 
active in the community

I seriously doubt you'll ever the Volcana wave in stores again unless they rerelease her in a later wave next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:19 pm 
An Insider

my closest target just loaded up on 3 pegs of Batman and Superman singles the other day :? :( :x :(
hopefully they will move fast through this weekend...
also, all of this business with Kmart get new product unfortunately hasn't held true near me, as 2 out of 3 stores so far are full of orange carded figures
I did see about six nightwing figures and a catwoman from the clayface wave at a TRU the other day, tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:54 pm 
Collector Inspector

Midnight Creeper wrote:
I seriously doubt you'll ever the Volcana wave in stores again unless they rerelease her in a later wave next year.

Well since I had preordered that pack from BBTS and they said Mattel had rerouted those cases to the stores, I figured I may have a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:47 pm 
shirtless hugger

Well, I saw Kyle Rayner and the Joker 3-pack at my local Target, and I picked up DCSH Catwoman from my local TRU, so I'm caught up on the newest wave of DCSH. Now to try and get the ones I missed before DCUC consumes my attention...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:56 pm 
serves the Otter

I finally found Catwoman and Clayface at Toys R Us this afternoon! They're both great. I hope they don't break. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:08 am 
my tummy itches

superfriend wrote:
20silence wrote:
Arsenio3, Doomsday release was Oct. 15th last year.

Interesting. I thought it was later. Well, I'm hoping Grodd will be one JLU figure we can all add to our collections before Christmas.

(My target is still Zatanna/Knight 3packs and mostly Supes singles. Although one of them is the one with red lines on his costume and I did see a Steel today.)

I can't swear to the actual day, but I can back up 20silence on it being an October release. I know I found it within 2 weeks of my birthday (Oct 8 ).

On a side note, my local Target sold out of the Purple box sets twice so I was very disappointed to see a restock of 7 Yellow sets on the shelf, and since there's 7, I'm *guessing* there are 5 more of those still in the back. Ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Too bad I cannot add Grodd to my Amazon Wish List--that's where I am telling people to go to get any gifts for me. I guess I am stuck with wishing for the Runaways HCs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:51 am 
Collector Inspector

Arsenio3 wrote:
Too bad I cannot add Grodd to my Amazon Wish List--that's where I am telling people to go to get any gifts for me. I guess I am stuck with wishing for the Runaways HCs.

Well dude, anyone who knows you, that shops in Target will definately know what to look for for you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:34 pm 
Damage Control

My target had nothing but batman/zantana 3 packs and ONE DCSH Parasite. Here's another FU to Mattel and Target from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:09 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I found 1 purple single pack of ORION. WOW... I thought that I'd never see one myself. I didn't pick it up though. I had one from when it first came out.