Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 am 
serves the Otter

The only two lines I'm a completist with are JLU and the Batman LEGO sets. DCSH/DCUC I've been picking and choosing, but if I'm able to find them more readily, I'd be picking those up too. And I have one of each Superfriends character, but I'm not going to hunt down pointless repaints.

So for the record:

JLU
Batman LEGO

And some:

Superfriends
DCSH

If I had the $$$, I would have gotten on board with the Minimates, but I would have wanted to collect them all, and that's not feasible until at least May when I've finished my !@#$!@#$ Masters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 pm 
An Insider

I collect the JLU figures but I’m pretty behind. I still need Blue Devil, Obsidian, Sand, Big Barda, Hawkman, Star Sapphire and Deadshot...

With Grodd, Fire & Ice and Mr. Miracle around the corner I’m beginning to loose interest to be honest, especially considering the line looks to be on it’s death beads. The fact that we will never get Hal Jordan adds to my lack of enthusiasm in the line. Perhaps that will change if I find out the line isn’t dead come the new year Hal Jordan or not...

As for DC Superheroes well I’m still excited, but a little behind the times. I still need Cyborg Superman, Batgirl II, Two-Face, Clay face and Catwoman and Batman (Black & Gray)

I have to admit I’m not completely happy about the line up of the 2008 stuff, The Demon, Red Tornado and Metamorpho are odd choices to launch the line...Also the fact that “classic” Firestorm and Aquaman are going to be chase figures is annoying. Who cares about these new guys who have been in the tights for less then a couple years? They are flash in the pan concepts that will be forgotten about in twenty years...I’m also not to fond of getting Harly Quinn so soon, I don’t understand why she has to be shoe horned into everything. I don’t hate her, It’s just that I wouldn’t want Kyle before Hal. Why get Harley before we get Ivy, Joker (a real one!), Metallo or mxyzptlk. I understand they want to stretch out the “big guns”, but it just seams like they are spreading them out to far for the average collector/fan/kid.

Wave three if memory serves sounds to be the best line yet and will sell out the fastest with so many known names. Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Deathstroke, and finally a new Robin and Nightwing!
And you can imagine the head swaps/ repaints already for the three heroes so many costumes and alternate identities to be made!

I can’t wait for wave four presumably Flash and Captain Cold headlining the wave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:29 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Currently I'm collecting:

DC Direct 6"- Not everything, but a lot. Regular line, Justice
DC Direct 13"
DC Mini-Mates

The Batman
DCSH 6"
JLU 4"
JLU 10"

Plus I've been buying some custom JLUs and Super Powers figures off of Ebay.

*whew* that's a lot of DC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:41 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Oh My God. I can't believe I forgot to mention Mattel's "The Batman" Line. I buy every villian (not variants *cough, cough JOKER cough, cough*) and the one most basic Batman, Robin, and Batgirl.

Batman LEGOs. I am most definately a completist. I so wish that this line would continue to expand and grow into including other DC properties as well. I started with the MiniMates C3 line and would very much like this to never stop.

I do get the occasional statue from DC Direct but those have severely dropped off my buying radar due to price, space for display, and the very curious hands of my son.

I really need to get a grip on myself. eBay here I come (probably not but eventually I will have to) or maybe just the TRADERS BOARD here ... hmm ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:20 pm 
proverbial old fart

Until I win the Lotto I have to set some limits on my collecting... :roll:

Right now I collect:

JLU - the entire line, both 4" and 10"
DCSH - Select figures (I just won't buy 97 versions of Bats or Supes)
Superfriends - all of them
The Batman - the bad guys and the new JL if and when they come out, but again I won't buy rainbow underwater flaming batman...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:33 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Just the JLU/DCAU line.

I quit the 6" DCD line 'cause they were too big for me to store or display. And so I'm not getting into Mattel's 6" line for the same reason. I don't like the blocky-style of the MiniMates, so the animated line not only features an asthetic I really enjoy, but it's also small enough I don't feel overwhelmed by action figures.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:48 am 
active in the community

soon it will be only DCUC, hell we will almost get a new wave every quarter, don't need anything else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 am 
Fugitive Dust

1- DC Direct 6": Select figures, McG stuff
2- DCSH/DCUC: Have all of DCSH, but I'll only pick up the ones I like from DCUC
3- DC Superfriends: When and if I can actually find new ones up here in Canada
4- The Batman: All unique characters and vehicles, even some Bat-variants. It's the only line I can actually find up here at mass retail (I hope I'll be able to say the same thing about DCUC some day)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:49 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I'll collect as many DC lines as they make. I'm loving that Mattel is making a 6" line. I'd be all for a 3 3/4 line too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm 
Former King of Posts

How about DC Tech Deck Dudes, complete with magnets in their feet? They would be all over the inside of my steel kitchen door, refridgerator, dishwasher, etc. Just not near the computer.