Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:36 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

My wallet says just one - JLU. Can't afford the others, so I'll stick with any new ones that are released. For the ones that aren't released officially, I'll make my own.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:47 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I'll only collect JLU/DCAU or whatever it wants to be called. The DC Classics are on a character by character basis. I'd love to have 'em all, but the budget does not allow. Especially since the completist in me would need ALL of them, even all of the Bats and Supes heroes and villains that I never saw at retail. To hell with tracking them all down, even if I wanted to. :evil:

I'll buy ANYTHING JLU/DCAU, excluding nonsensical repaints, like cyber Batman and lava Doomsday. I'll definitely buy DC Classics versions of Wonder Woman and GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDAN, maybe the Flash, and any of his rogues that haven't been covered in the DC Direct line. Unless, of course, the Mattel versions are superior.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:58 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here's what I'll get-

DC Direct
DCD 6" line - Just Batman & GL related
Mini-Mates - All Bats and a few others
DCD 13" - All Batman related & Big 7

Mattel:
6" DCU Comic line - All
4" Animated line -All
3" Fighting Figures - I will get these as well, but maybe not all
6" SuperFriends line - Certain characters
The Batman - All basic costumed figures

WizKids Heroclix - Just Bat related & the big 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:46 pm 
Prototype

I collect:

Mattel:
Superfriends
JLU
The Batman
DCUC

Plus a few DC Direct figures here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:01 pm 
shirtless hugger

I collect JLU (when I can find it) and DCSH. I'll start collecting DCUC when DCSH transitions into that line. Right now though, my main goal is to make up for lost time when I wasn't collecting DCSH. It kills me to know that if I had picked up every DCSH figure when I saw them, the only figures I'd still need are Supergirl II, Two-face, Man-bat, and Cyborg Superman. As it is, I've still got a lot of collecting to do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:27 pm 
An Insider

As it stands, right now I just collect JLU, The Batman, and DCSH. I would like to collect:
DC minimates (they are just too frequent and expensive)
Ed McGuiness figures (not enough room, too expensive)
DC Superfriends (not enought room)

I'm content with what I've got going on right now, tho. I think it's enough. [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:03 pm 
Damage Control

Only DCUC and minimates (select few)for me right now. If Mattel puts out a competing line similar to Super Hero Squad I'll consider dropping minimates and get into that most likely. I try to go no more than 2 scales/styles on most lines (Marvel, SW, TF, Star Trek, DC) as they can snowball very quickly when collecting more than one thing and get extremely expensive to maintain. That plus the fact that I also buy stuff for my kids (I also purchase a few ML & DCUC, most SHS, Orig. Trilogy Galactic Heroes, and G1 Robot Heroes). So I'm on a budget for sure. It's damn fun collecting with them involved, but I have to be selective in what I"m getting into and watch my pennies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:16 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

JLU/DCAU

I collect them for their animatedness(is that even a word?)

Just being DC characters is not enough.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

I collect whatever DCSH, JLU, and DC Direct figures that catch my eye. I'm not a completionist in any line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:53 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

DC Direct

1. DCD 6" - pick and choose, but I try to go for at least one version of each character from the standard DC universe. It looks like I will be selling many off as the DCUC makes upgrades. My DCD Demon is not long for my world.

2. DCD Minimates - All

3. DCD 13" - none

4. DCD Who's Who - series 2 and 3 were great, I wish there was one more series with Green Arrow, Black Canary, a new Flash, Martian Manhunter, and maybe Hawkgirl. This line must be dead though.

5. Batman Black and White statues: I only have the Bolland one, but now I am thinking about selling stuff so that I can pick these up. Many of them are awesome, and the ones on track to come out look great (Miller! Adams! Perez!). These are expensive to add in considering the other lines I pick up.

Mattel:

1. DCSH & DCUC - All

2. JLU / upcoming DCAU - All

3. JLU 10" - The basic team, but not the Justice Lords, I wish they would put out a Black Canary. Then we would have all of the characters that DCD did maquettes of--I think the 10" line looks just as good as the maquettes for way cheaper. The sculpts on those are great, IMO. For example, the 10" Green Arrow is my favorite Green Arrow figure in any format. The 10" version looks much better than the 4".

4. Fighting Figures, 3" - wait and see, probably all

5. SuperFriends 6" - All (minus Supes and Bats with yellow trim or goofy colors)

6. The Batman - All basic costumed figures. Once the JLU stuff slowed down, I picked up a bunch of these out of boredom. Their lineup of the basic Justice League looks pretty cool I think. I'm looking forward to seeing Green Arrow, Flash, and the Martian Manhunter at some point. I think I might sell all the villains I bought and just keep the good guys.

Heroclix: I have most of the core Justice League crew, and all of the Green Lanterns except for Guy Gardner.

I have too much crap….time to start selling....I tell myself that every week…..ugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:07 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I collect DCsuperheroes, JLU and The Batman... and some DC direct ocasionally, whenever there´s a new Poison ivy figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:29 pm 
5" Scale

Only JLU and the upcoming DCAU line plus Minimates.

I would love to delve into other DC related lines but with the huge Star Wars and Transformers collection I have, space is at a premium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 pm 
Cold-cast

I'll collect only JLU and when I get more room, I'll eventually buy all the Kingdom Come figures. Other than that, figure collecting has been a disapointment the last year or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:16 pm 
active in the community

well I use to collect all of DC Direct until I just had enough with there scale being all over the place so I switched to DCSH and only kept DCD that would compliment my DCSH, like GL series Kilowog, Hal Parallax, Black Hand and Ganthet and the Guardian and OMAC, they look good next to DCSH, Deathstroke, all inscale and plus I am and still are having commissions done for DCSH figures and soon DCUC and was going to get into Hasbro Marvel Legends but once I got that Fantastic Four series with BAF Ronan and to my surprise that Silver Surfer was shorter than Namor, well no more Marvel Legends but Mr Fantastic would make a great customized Plastic Man anyways, I will collect all DCUC and pick other figures here and there that can be used either for DCUC customs or to compliment like some DCD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:11 am 
categorically opposed

Right now, I actively collect DSCH/DCUC and the DC Minimates.

JLU has been put into storage due to a lack of space and their inability to maintain a standing position of any kind.