Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 am 
Prototype

Still no Grodd packs at my Target and the Doomsdays are almost sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:42 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

20silence wrote:
Stop at 3 Targets yesterday and find everyone of them restocking. Picked up a Blue Devil at one and a Grodd pack at another. They only had 2 Grodd packs, so I left one. (in Norcross@ pib)

Please tell me that was just an extra Blue Devil you bought and not one that you intend to keep. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:02 pm 
Santos L. Halper

All of us poor bastards in Florida were finally thrown a JLU bone...

Grodd 6 pack found at the target at the Florida Mall on OBT....

I am still trolling K-Marts looking for Volcana...

By the way, K-Mart has a JL sale going on right now...buy any JLU product and get a second for 50% off...

The K-Mart I usually go to was pretty much wiped out of SUperfriends and JLU 3 packs much to my surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm 
5" Scale

I found Grodd here in Los Angeles. The exact scenario that I was telling jimmymiro about happened to me. The item would not scan so they asked me how much, I told them 19.99 and then they used a generic merchandise DCPI 099090999. On the receipt it just reads "Merchandise" rather than "DC Heroes 6 pack" and I believe if you buy it via this manner, it's non returnable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:34 pm 
proverbial old fart

The Super Target on 71st Street had six (6) Grodd 6packs. I picked up two of them that didn't have either scratches on the belly of Grodd or poor paint applications.

They were NOT in the computer system either....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:58 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Ghost6 wrote:
All of us poor bastards in Florida were finally thrown a JLU bone...

Grodd 6 pack found at the target at the Florida Mall on OBT....

I am still trolling K-Marts looking for Volcana...

By the way, K-Mart has a JL sale going on right now...buy any JLU product and get a second for 50% off...

The K-Mart I usually go to was pretty much wiped out of SUperfriends and JLU 3 packs much to my surprise.

Which city?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:29 pm 
Ferret Farmer

How many were there Ghost6?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:50 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Orlando, Florida...there was only one on the shelves when I got there....but when I took it to the counter (All together now....) it was NOT in the computer...I tried telling the cashier that they were $19.99, but apparently she was not empowered enough to believe my statement so she radio'd for help. A stocker called her from the toy aisle to tell her they were $19.99 and said he had to go in the back to check since there were no more on the shelves. I told my friend who promptly went to the same store and told me they had put 2 more out on the shelves...so there could potentially be more on hand...however, I should note that there were also a bunch of Lava Doomsdays that may be blocking additional Grodds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:09 pm 
Ferret Farmer

Thx for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:33 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Picked up Grodd in Long Island,NY today, there were three on the shelf, great sculpt and paint job on the one I picked, and I love that Joker, I will not display him with the Red Hood, he looks too cool without it...

Last edited by Masked Avenger on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:54 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Found Grodd, it's weird tho i had 4 to choose from and i chose the one with the best paint app and good condition package but when i opened him, the bubble holder thing had dirt and scratches on it, (outside the box wasn't even damaged, and luckily Grodd was not damaged too badly, i also got the starman/dr fate 3 pack, doctor fate looks better than the first release so does starman, my target was loaded with stuff, no sign of mirror master tho, (but i don't care i have everything i need now)

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:43 am 
Wonderdog

It was kinda weird for me because I took a shopping trip down to Deleware. And had a bunch of xmas gifts to pick up but I ended up getting a lot for myself too :D
but anyway went into Target off of Concord Pk. and looked and did not see any Grodd's so then I decided to ask someone they scanned the DCPI number of the Lava Doomsday and I gave her a picture of the grodd set. I told her the whole thing it may not come up bc.....
so she comes back out and comes up to me and said "you are going to be really suprised" hands me the set (which I may add had the best paint aps) so it is clear if you ask them for it in toys it does have the same dcpi number but then went up front and it did not register in the computer. But i still got it.

SO PEOPLE MORAL OF THE STORY IS

GO out to target give them a pic. of the set and get them to scan the dcpi number of doomsday

BTW this is not the first time something like this has happened. I remember one of my friends went to a store to pick up doomsday last year and they retrieved it from the back but when they went up front and went to buy it the set did not register at the check out.

SO PLEASE do not give up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:57 am 
An Insider

Glenn2000 wrote:
The Super Target on 71st Street had six (6) Grodd 6packs. I picked up two of them that didn't have either scratches on the belly of Grodd or poor paint applications.

They were NOT in the computer system either....

Man, being stuck in Stillwater sucks, I can't wait to get back to Tulsa so I can get my Grodd 6 pack!

Post subject: Grodd is in North Carolina
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:48 pm 
PVC

I was at my local Target yesterday (Burlington, North Carolina-near Greensboro, NC) and found 1 Grodd 6-pack and 7 Lava Doomsday 6-packs. I bought the Grodd for my son and the Lava Doomsday for me. I will be headed back later this week in hopes of getting a Grodd for myself. I have to believe that if we have it here, the Targets in Greensboro and Durham have to also have them.

Good hunting to all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:48 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Which Los Angeles Targets are you guys finding Grodd at?

I went to the one on La Cienega on Thursday night and found nothing but a couple of Lava Doomsdays...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next