yes, I (think another could do the job better) want new JLU! 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
no, Mattel is doing a fantastic job 37%  37%  [ 14 ]
wait and see 45%  45%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:50 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

JuliusMarx wrote:
Actually... Walmart is NOT needed and the health of the JLU line is probably better off without it.

I know... that sounds crazy.

Not really...it just sounds like you know something. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:19 am 
Former King of Posts

marillion wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:
Actually... Walmart is NOT needed and the health of the JLU line is probably better off without it.

Peace,

Chip

Well, the JLU line continued without Walmart for over a year, and then supposedly Walmart wanted some of those dollars for itself and started stockign it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:33 am 
Damage Control

Im fine with Mattel making the line, distribution is sketchy at times, but Ill deal. I agree with Mattel dropped the ball bigtime with BBTS and its an avenue that Mattel should really explore with online retailers. Get your stuff together Mattel, the lead paint issues notwithstanding, now is the time to show that you have it together. Hasbro is blowing you guys outta the water. Have you seen the diorama Hoth/Endor sets for Target? There is still plenty of life left in this line and it could go for years. Get it together.

1-offer a mattel online collectors club/exclusive new hal jordan variant when you sign up.

2- re-issue the batmobile-w/alfred.

3-online retailers to help sell product. Have them offer special deals or possibly even exclusives to different online retailers-no not a sage batman and ecrue superman either-characters that havent been done yet.
you have 3000 to choose from.

4-the checklist poster is great, now get the distribution right or start letting the online retailers take care of the collectors. Yes, batman and superman sell, but kids love variety and really dig the checklists, look at the star wars line, its incredible how such a big variety gets bought up.
Granted there are a few peg warmser-how many generals does one really need?

This line has so much more left in it. You have opportunities to set yourself apart from Hasbro and still be a contender.....just do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:42 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm very happy that someone like Toyguru has been communicating with us. I do think mattel has had a hard time with the combo of license switching and lead paint issues, then distribution.

I also think that JLU SHOULD be looked at as THE FLAGSHIP LINE. I'm not a toy collector for the most part, just comics, but I'm getting all of the JLU, I wouldn't really collect a different line. The larger ones don't appeal to me, they're cool looking but more like dolls or something.

JLU should be the central collection. I also wish they could make more figures per line. AND if you want to keep rereleasing Superman Batman and Wonder Woman, how about improving them...
Make a Batman with better legs.
Make a whole new superman sculpt so he doesn't look like a hunchback
and make a more feminine Wonder Woman.

I'm a big fan of the original Super Powers line and though I love JLU, the quality for most figures is better still in Super Powers... (I say this when I have a Kyle Raynor with one leg a full inch shorther than the other! LOL)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:05 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I only voted "Wait and See" so that Mattel can get a taste of their own medicine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:15 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I still got the bad taste Mattel gave me from the Masters of the Universe line. I picked wait and see because Mattel has restructured themselves for a collector's market.

I'm sure that Mattel wants a big slice of the pie that Hasbro is enjoying with Marvel. DC has such promise and a future at the box office. I myself can't wait to see the DC Classics in the stores. I'm also waiting to glimpse The Dark Knight figures and hope they do the Justice League movie justice.

To me, it seems that Mattel has learned their lessons. They are paying attention the collector's market. The figures look nice, but we have yet to actually see one or hold one. That He-man prototype at SDCC gives me a glimpse of hope that maybe Mattel will redeem themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:33 am 
Prototype

superfriend wrote:
marillion wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:

Peace,

Chip

Well, the JLU line continued without Walmart for over a year, and then supposedly Walmart wanted some of those dollars for itself and started stockign it again.

Yeah, I think Target and Toys R Us can handle all the JLU stuff. My Wal-Mart hasn't had JLU for a year now.