Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: It'll be easy to tell the difference here in SC...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:31 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I went into Wal-Mart this morning to get more paint for the condo, and figured I'd poke around the toy aisles while they mixed it up.

You can buy a figure of Xorn.
You can buy a figure of Judge Death.
You can buy a figure of CZ-3.
You can even buy a figure of Carnell "Cadillac" Williams.

...but you can't buy a figure of Batman or Superman.

None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Not even the Superfriends line. I looked everywhere and saw nothing...and not just those two characters. Nothing from any DC line at all.

Regardless of the lack of info on DCAU, I'm really looking forward to what Mattel will do as far as aisle branding next year...just to SEE the stuff there.

Here's to 2008!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 am 
Former King of Posts

I know I started or added to a topic exactly like this a while back. Apparently there are at least 2 toy layouts for Walmart, one which has DC stuff and one which doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:46 am 
We're going streaking!

The only DC stuff any of my area Wal*Marts have are for The Batman. Check that -- one may still have some leftover JLU, but that would be it. I am hoping for a nice early glut of DC product, mostly DCUC, just days before Christmas, much like DCSH Wave 1 showed up way back when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:34 pm 
shirtless hugger

Yeah, until Walmart gets more DC product, they're losing my money (meager as it is). I prefer Target and Toys R Us, and only go to Walmart as a last resort for any kind of figure now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm 
Damage Control

I haven't figured out if the WM thing is based on size or layout or both. The two closest WMSC near me are fairly new stores with the latest layouts. But they are smaller stores than the larger one 30 mi away I go to sometimes. The larger one carries The Batman and DC Superfriends while the smaller ones do not. They also carry SM3 (6" BAF), FFML and LCBH while the smaller ones do not. At any rate, I'll be glad to find some DC stuff in WM next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:04 pm 
3 3/4"

all walmarts in NJ and PA really only carry The Batman now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:38 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Guys, don't count on Wal-Mart for DC toys, at least not until closer to The Dark Knight and even then I think it's going to be mostly movie stuff and not much else... This is all second hand info, but my source does know what he/she's talking about. I think the slow sales on LCBH, ML and SM3 stuff has put a hold on comic book properties with Wal-Mart. Granted things could change if the line is an out-of-the-park hit with other retailers but as of the last time I checked I couldn't find a single new DC product in the Mattel listings in the Wal-Mart computers so, as of right now I have to believe that Wal-Mart is out for DCUC's launch. I'm really bummed because I was looking forward to actually being able to buy DC toys again without a 30 mile drive or counting on the random offerings of the local Kroger...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:05 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

...and doom is spelled for the supposed DCAU line, Legion figures, and basically everything else except DCUC and Superfriends.

ToyGuru, we know you're out there. What's your reply?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 am 
Knows his stuff

WALLY SMASH ALL DC DOLLS!

WALLY AND MATTEL MAKE GOOD TEAM!

marillion wrote:
...and doom is spelled for the supposed DCAU line, Legion figures, and basically everything else except DCUC and Superfriends.

ToyGuru, we know you're out there. What's your reply?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:11 pm 
Prototype

My local Wal-Mart hasn't had any DC toys on the shelves for several months. I can't remember the last time I bought a Batman item from Wal-Mart. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 pm 
An Insider

I stoped looking months ago for any jlu and dcsh stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:59 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Yep, Wal-Mart is a DC Comics wasteland. Sure, it's great if you wanna buy some Power Rangers or Spidey 3 crap. But DC/Mattel stuff? Ah, no.

Wal-Mart only has The Batman. Personally, I feel that this is the weakest of the DC lines. JLU and DCSH are much cooler.

While I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight film, I have every belief that the toys will be average, inferior, and lacking excitement. It'll be the DC equivalent of the glut of Spidey 3 stuff currently on the shelves. It will do nothing to convince Wal-Mart that Mattel's DC product is something that they should be carrying.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:16 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Howard the Duck wrote:
While I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight film, I have every belief that the toys will be average, inferior, and lacking excitement.

...for some of the toys, yes. Don't forget, tho, that the Four Horsemen are doing the 6" line of movie figures. Those have the potential to be great.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:02 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

marillion wrote:
Howard the Duck wrote:
While I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight film, I have every belief that the toys will be average, inferior, and lacking excitement.

...for some of the toys, yes. Don't forget, tho, that the Four Horsemen are doing the 6" line of movie figures. Those have the potential to be great.

Peace,

Chip

Oh, I did forget. Thank ya, Chip!

Yes, lemme say that the Four Horsemen figures will look quite cool...and they will stand out as gems in an otherwise lackluster sea of pegwarming Dark Knight toys.

And Chip? Just who is that in your avatar? :shock:

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:16 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Howard the Duck wrote:
Oh, I did forget. Thank ya, Chip!

No problem. I live to serve. :)

Quote:
Yes, lemme say that the Four Horsemen figures will look quite cool...and they will stand out as gems in an otherwise lackluster sea of pegwarming Dark Knight toys.

Hey, given the FF2, Spidey3, Pirates3, etc, toys...at least ONE line will have SOMETHING stand out. :D

Quote:
And Chip? Just who is that in your avatar? :shock:

Peter Gabriel circa 1974-1975 when he was with Genesis.

Peace,

Chip