Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NEW DCAU..NEW JLU 2008?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:27 pm 
3 3/4"

"Mattel is very, very, VERY much into the JLU line, they are committed to releasing new figures with a very strong emphasis on the collector market. The only reason they don't have new figures to show is because of the new directive brought down from landing the DC master lic. as mentioned earlier. "2008 will be a very special year for the Justice League Unlimited line." ----

That is from the Wiz World Chicago....Mattel, how special will 2008 be? So special that we don't even get any more DCAU figs?

meks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:42 pm 
Santos L. Halper

We'll have wait for the new year to find out. Hopefully, Mattel will be true to their word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:14 pm 
Knows his stuff

i know the JLU collectors wont want to here this, but with three waves of DCUC already announced (with one about to be released and the second going into production), could you cool it and let them work on DCUC? jlu has been going on longer, and is probably why they are commited to collectors, so they know what they are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:34 am 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:22 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Uh NO! If it came down to the 2 lines... Just do JLU if you can only pay attention to one line. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:43 am 
Prototype

I love both lines but JLU is my absolute favorite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:49 am 
Cold-cast

jzachery wrote:
Uh NO! If it came down to the 2 lines... Just do JLU if you can only pay attention to one line. :P

Yes, do that. Concentrate on the underarticulated line of cheaply produced figures, with shoddy QC, based on a cartoon that's been canceled for a couple of years now. :roll:

While we're at it, Warner Bros. should ignore DVD, Blu-Ray, HD, and VHS and release all further video releases on Betamax only.

Oh yes, while we're at it, how about phasing out CD's, and MP3's in favor of 8-Track tapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:00 am 

LOL, JLU is already established with an established fan base. The demand is there, and I'm selfish... I only collect JLU, DCAU are dolls, I like action figures. Sorry :roll:

I'm just teasing... I get where you are coming from, but honestly, like with political voting, I go for what I want. And I'd rather have JLU. Bottom ling. Not to mention these uber articulated lines kind of suck all the way around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:31 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

LINK

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:38 am 
Former King of Posts

As far as we know, both lines are looking forward to a long healthy life. Mattel just spent a boatload of time, money, and effort to get the rights to make the 6" comic line. JLU is running along fine. I think we can expect most of their effort to be getting DCUC off the ground right now.

Instead of railing against JLU, in a JLU thread, why not rally for DCUC in a separate thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 am 
categorically opposed

I don't get how people can consider the 6" figures "dolls." They don't have rooted hair.

Most collector-oriented lines are in the larger scale these days. There's nothing "doll"-ish about them.

The 13" DC Directs and the Famous Covers-esque Marvel toys with cloth clothing are dolls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:52 am 
Damage Control

MoMoney, I think jzachery was kidding about the doll thing. And as a JLU fan, I'm getting a little irritated at DCUC fans butting into JLU threads to say how much Mattel should neglect JLU for DCUC. This works both ways with us butting into your threads. Be respectful of ours and maybe we'll butt out of yours. I for one am pretty hopeful for the new JLU line. Obviously I'm taking a wait and see approach (at least until Toy fair). I'm really looking forward to non timmverse DC characters being made. Latest distribution aside, I'm really happy with this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:55 am 

I was def kidding about the doll thing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:04 pm 
The Last Word

Tom-Tom wrote:
could you cool it and let them work on DCUC?

:lol:

mako wrote:
Yes, do that. Concentrate on the underarticulated line of cheaply produced figures, with shoddy QC, based on a cartoon that's been canceled for a couple of years now. :roll:

As opposed to a boring, generic-looking 6" line that reminds everyone it's from the same company who brought you He-Man? Thanks, but DC Direct satisfies all of my non-animated DC interests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:52 pm 
Damage Control

Let's not turn this into a plastic pi$$ing contest. Let's just agree that this is a JLU thread, and DCUC talk just is off topic in this thread. No need to throw mud.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next