Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Does Anyone Remember A While Ago....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:17 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Someone here posted the rumors about shayera in a white track suit, and wally bruce and clark in their civilian outfits, and there were more right? Anyways the guy at the comic shop by me (we get into deep convo) told me that he heard the same thing and thats part of the new lines coming out for JLU. Is this true anyone. Also he said the manhunters are coming, and silver banshee? Anyone else heard this? here's hoping!!

UPDATE:
He sent me this picture, its funny cause i think he is full of it, but hopefully not

now that i see that though, silver banshee doesnt look like she would be that hard to make as a custom

Last edited by johnnytruelove on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:22 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

I had heard that from a couple of different sites. My opinion is though that these were the figures we WERE going to be shown at SDCC. Of course, that was right before they acquired the master license. Just my opinion though.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:35 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Doesnt ring any bells--and that looks hella fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:42 pm 
Cold-cast

That's obviously a primed (maybe painted) Wonder Woman figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:47 pm 
Santos L. Halper

DC Biased wrote:

Most definetly. Its possible these characters will come out after new year thru new license deal, but I haven't seen anything posted anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:39 pm 
Collector Inspector

DC Biased wrote:

It most definitely is, but that doesn't mean it isn't real...let's not forget the awesome Orion with the unpainted head and Atom Smasher body with Orion written across the chest in marker. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 pm 
shirtless hugger

Indeed I do remember. The list included Lex Luthor with armor, Cheetah, unmasked Bruce and unmasked Wally, Clark Kent, Firefly, AMAZO- Green Lantern, and white track suit Shayera.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/foru ... php?t=7449

The fact that we've seen a GL AMAZO adds some credibility to this list, methinks. I'd love to see Cheetah and Firefly if/when the JLU line is rejuvenated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:06 pm 
categorically opposed

With Orion, at least his head was sculpted. This is a straight-up repaint of Wonder Woman.

Not saying that what you heard is or isn't true, but I definitely wouldn't use that picture as any indication that it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

MoMoney wrote:
With Orion, at least his head was sculpted. This is a straight-up repaint of Wonder Woman.

Not saying that what you heard is or isn't true, but I definitely wouldn't use that picture as any indication that it is.

Let me preface this by saying that this is my opinion and I'm not looking to attack anybody else:

Using that logic, we wouldn't have any new figures since most of the line is a simple repaint of an existing figure. Silver Banshee wouldn't require any new scupting, except perhaps for a new mouth on an existing WW figure. So in that regard, this could be legitimate.

However, I am inclined to believe that this is not legitimate. But I would really like to see some of those figures previously mentioned, especially Firefly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:51 pm 
Prototype

Rather the Silver Banshee is real or not I think there's real credibility to this and really think we'll be seeing Bruce, Wally, Lex in Armor, Cheetah and Firefly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Zero credibility to this, since as of right now there is ZERO planned for any DCAU figures in 2008 and beyond.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:40 pm 
Collector Inspector

marillion wrote:
Zero credibility to this, since as of right now there is ZERO planned for any DCAU figures in 2008 and beyond.

Peace,

Chip

Nah, they have plans...we just have to wait and see. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

STAY TUNED for a big fat hunka NOTHIN' in 2008, DCAU fans!

LOL!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 pm 
shirtless hugger

marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

It could be credible in that Mattel does/did indeed plan to release these figures. The best laid plans of mice and men, however... Well, I'll agree that the lack of news isn't heartening. In fact, it's fairly depressing. In the corner of my mind, I still hope the line continues though. I've just given up spending very much time thinking about JLU's future since we know so little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 pm 
categorically opposed

darkknight30 wrote:
MoMoney wrote:

Let me preface this by saying that this is my opinion and I'm not looking to attack anybody else:

Using that logic, we wouldn't have any new figures since most of the line is a simple repaint of an existing figure. Silver Banshee wouldn't require any new scupting, except perhaps for a new mouth on an existing WW figure. So in that regard, this could be legitimate.

However, I am inclined to believe that this is not legitimate. But I would really like to see some of those figures previously mentioned, especially Firefly!

What I meant was that since it's a repaint of Wonder Woman, rather than a repaint of the blank female body, I doubt that this picture has any validity.

The picture and the rumor are separate things, though. If I were a betting man, I would not use that picture to support my bet that a Silver Banshee is on the way.