Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 pm 
Collector Inspector

You know I've been trying not to think about the future past the Mr. Miracle wave but the above got me thinking about how badly I want a Plastic-Man figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:01 am 
Former King of Posts

Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
superfriend wrote:
B) The former Charlton heroes still have some hurdles to be crossed before we will get them, but they are still chasing that group of characters (Capt Atom, Blue Beetle, Question, Peacemaker, Nightshade, Sarge Steel, Quicksilver - I believe this last character was renamed Max Mercury due to the Marvel character of the same name, although I cannot back that up).

Quicksilver/Max Mercury was a Quality Comics character from the Golden Age, not a Charlton character from the Silver Age like the rest of them. Quality was responsible for Plastic Man, Blackhawk, and all the Freedom Fighters as well.

I'm sure they called the speedster of Earth-4 "Quicksilver" as he ran toward the antimatter wave during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:04 pm 
Factory Worker

superfriend wrote:
Big Bad Voodoo Lou wrote:
superfriend wrote:
B) The former Charlton heroes still have some hurdles to be crossed before we will get them, but they are still chasing that group of characters (Capt Atom, Blue Beetle, Question, Peacemaker, Nightshade, Sarge Steel, Quicksilver - I believe this last character was renamed Max Mercury due to the Marvel character of the same name, although I cannot back that up).

Quicksilver/Max Mercury was a Quality Comics character from the Golden Age, not a Charlton character from the Silver Age like the rest of them. Quality was responsible for Plastic Man, Blackhawk, and all the Freedom Fighters as well.

I'm sure they called the speedster of Earth-4 "Quicksilver" as he ran toward the antimatter wave during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

If you're describing the guy Jay Garrick stopped from running into the anti-matter wall, check again. That was actually Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt in that shot. They referred to him as Thunerbolt. Earth 4 was the Charlton Universe.

Of curse, Thunderbolt didn't even have that much superspeed but that was how they used him. Quicksilver was in the old Who's Who, and was listed as an Earth X Character.

However, in the Flash series, (Return of Barry Allen storyline) where the character was reintroduced as Max Mercury, while Jay Garrick and Johnny Quick were referring to Max's past aliases, they mentioned "Quicksilver."