Oh great. No JLU news. Goodbye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:14 am 
PVC

My God you JLU people are stiffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:42 am 
Tis' but a pup

I'm elated about this news as I'm a fan of all the characters that are being released! Can't wait for pictures!

As for the comment about JLU, I really have to feel for the JLU collectors out there but I think the "quiet western front" is really telling in this case. Here's to hoping for a Timm compatible line for all the fans of the animated style!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:46 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

I happen to be "one of those JLU guys." :) I'm just glad that I've seen some straight info from Mattel news of any sort.

Can't wait to see this Grundy. Thanks for the info, ToyGuru!

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Last edited by Howard the Duck on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 am 
Mattel Mogul

We'll update everyone on JLU after Toy Fair is over. The line isn't dead. Far from it my friends.

Just need to know what will be picked up before we announce anything! You can understand we don't want to announce toys that won't make it to shelves (look what happened with Legion...) This is what we have meant by "a little patients". If all goes well fans of JLU will be very happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:20 am 
my tummy itches

ToyGuru wrote:
We'll update everyone on JLU after Toy Fair is over. The line isn't dead. Far from it my friends.

Just need to know what will be picked up before we announce anything! You can understand we don't want to announce toys that won't make it to shelves (look what happened with Legion...) This is what we have meant by "a little patients". If all goes well fans of JLU will be very happy.

THANKS! You're the man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:26 am 
5" Scale

ToyGuru wrote:

I made happy in my pants!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:38 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

ToyGuru wrote:

Fall Toy Fair or February Toy Fair?

Quote:

So the Legion toys didn't get picked up?

JLU/DCAU hasn't been picked up yet? I wonder what the problem is...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 am 
Factory Worker

marillion wrote:
ToyGuru wrote:

Quote:

Peace,

Chip

distribution, the fact that there's no space in the pegs because of the billions of batmen and supermen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:44 am 
categorically opposed

Azrael24 wrote:
marillion wrote:
ToyGuru wrote:

Quote:

Peace,

Chip

distribution, the fact that there's no space in the pegs because of the billions of batmen and supermen

The fact that the supporting TV series went off the air two years ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:15 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

marillion wrote:

I think that TG's hesitation to tell us anything solid isn't that the line hasn't been picked up it's more a matter of *what* is being picked up that TG wants to be sure of first. The following is all theorhetical, but it's possible that the JLU continuation *could* be getting lots of new tooling *if* enough retailers pick up the line/order enough of it. It's possible that Giganta, Atom Smaher and other "big guys" could be planned for the 10" line for cross-over sales -- I mean, what kind of crazed Mattel bashing would ensue if they were to announce a 10" Giganta only to have every retailer balk at buying into that segment of the line then they have to announce that those figures aren't going to happen. I think that has a lot to do with their hesitation to announce anything more than "stay tuned". Seriously, the line as it is is cheap for Mattel to produce and I know that when Wal-Mart carried the line the 3 packs had a $3.50 mark-up and the singles were around $1.50 so the retailers have a really good margin on these, too, so it makes sense to keep the line in production in some form, afterall it is a budget line that sells pretty darn well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:50 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

How can ToyGuru say that "the line isn't dead" when it hasn't been picked up yet? If it's not picked up, then it's dead. If he knows it's going to be picked up, then news can be told.

As usual, I'm confused by the lack of information.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:26 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Chip, read what TG said again (the emphasis is mine)...

ToyGuru wrote:

He's not saying that the line hasn't been picked up (in fact the second sentance pretty much confirms that the line is continuing) but that they want to know exactly *WHAT* is being picked up before making any announcements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm 
shirtless hugger

It almost sounds as if Mattel is expanding the line into new areas. Perhaps vehicles or deluxe figures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:37 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Ham Salad wrote:
It almost sounds as if Mattel is expanding the line into new areas. Perhaps vehicles or deluxe figures?

I think that might be very well what they're trying to do considering they have the whole DCU for the animated line now. I'm not sure about the vehicles, but I wouldn't count out deluxe (bigger) figures or some sort of different way of packing out the figures. I'm sure that Mattel is looking at the DCAU as a counter-point to Hasbro's smaller scale Marvel stuff like Web World, one that has huge advantage as it's already got a rabid fan base.